No announcement yet.

Ray won't agree but this is greatest story ever. 20 years&1 day ago Fans United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thread on this?

https://medium.com/@warrenchrismas/how-danny-baker-saved-brighton-hove-albion-11c1be4aaacb#.z33xiq9jo

That's a ruddy GREAT article! Mind you, I'm a little biased.

Seeeeeeagulls!

Comment

Great article, what an inspiring read.

Comment

I was at that original Fans United game and dragged along a few members of The World Famous 1927 Club to represent, hanging our flag on the home terrace.

The following season a group of us including 50 year olds and women were being chased around Gillingham by a bunch of Brighton cunts intent on kicking our heads in after a game where Attila the fucking Stockbroker gave us some "amusing" "banter" about the Welsh over the tannoy.

I also wanted Hereford United to stay up in that final match of the 96/97 season.

So, you know, swings and roundabouts.

Comment

That sort of thing is why I hate Doncaster Rovers.

Comment

Blimey. An article I'd completely forgotten I'd written gets quoted in that piece.

Anyway, yeah, that Fans United was a terrific – and massively important – day. Expanded the horizons of what fan protests could do. Many now are metaphorically standing on its shoulders.

Comment

What article had you written?

Comment

Welcome Furq.

Comment

Ah, TD from TO.

"Expanded the horizons of what fan protests could do." - I might quote you again. ;-)

Now, tell me, why aren't LO fans doing more?!

Comment

Gerontophile wrote: Welcome Furq.
                    Thanks. :-)

Comment

Furq wrote: Ah, TD from TO.

"Expanded the horizons of what fan protests could do." - I might quote you again. ;-)

Now, tell me, why aren't LO fans doing more?!
                      E10 is doing his bit, as is the Fans Trust, but it's taken a long while for the majority of Orient fans to see Becchetti is a toxic fool rather than a benevolent rich bloke sent from heaven to take us to the promised lands.

Comment

Yeah, about to read that on way home!

Hope you can mobilise troops soon.

Comment

A couple of things confuse me about this. Firstly, why on earth would Ray not like the Fans United initiative. Obviously, he has explained why that view is erroneous but I do wonder what gave you that impression in the first place.

Also, having just turned 50, I am bemused that we are now in the "women and children first' camp. I expect many still quite active hooligans are also in their 50s, if not 60s, by now. Not that that is anything to be proud about.

Comment

Because when I started the thread Ray was arguing somewhere else that Wales at Euro 2016 was greatest story ever. I was not being totally serious.

Comment

Aha, I see.

He is correct, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X