Darwenian Animosity - weekend matchgoing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the weather doesn't scupper it, I'll be at Bootle v AFC Darwen in the NW Counties Prem.

Back up options include Litherland REMYCA v Ashton Town, Widnes v Stockport Town, Runcorn Town v Irlam or an afternoon on the sofa...

Local leagues are still on their winter break here but the indoor tournaments have finished and some 'proper' friendlies are scheduled for the weekend. Depending on work, I'm going to try and get to Speyer v. Arminia Ludwigshafen or Gommersheim v. Knittelsheim.

Comment

Gotta do this, in the interests of The Struggle

Comment

If the pitch holds up, it's Wembley v Crawley Green. I hope it's on, as I intend to sell raffle tickets to some of the regulars...

Comment

To White Hart Lane to see my heroes there for the last time (probably) in forty-odd years since my first visit. There's been highs and lows in that time, the best being the stadium-emptier in 2002 and the League Cup quarter-final in 2003 when all the talk from Spurs fans on the train from Liverpool Street was of getting to Cardiff (not whether, but how). No chance of any hint of that tomorrow.

Comment

Flying to Rome this evening for the weekend around the Italy v Wales rugby match on Sunday. It will complete the set of 6 Nations venues for me so I can join the, er, 6 Club.

Comment

Possibly something tomorrow but definitely Santutxu v Paisaia in a six pointer at the bottom of the Tercera followed by a six pointer in Segunda B Group II between play-off chasing Barakaldo and table topping Albacete (this is only 1€ to get in as well freeing up pasta for a game tomorrow). Whilst I want Barakaldo to win I am really looking forward to seeing what Albacete are like as they have led the table since early on and lead by some 7 points.

Tomorrow I could be persuaded to go see Leioa (2nd) v Real Madrid Castilla but last year it was pretty pricey.

Comment

I will be at Dandy Town vs Somerset Trojans on Sunday, Hornets for the second week in a row! Should be an interesting game though, did this fixture over the Christmas period in a cup competition and there was an incident between the Trojans keeper and the home fans after the game, something to do with a 'town against country' animosity. Weather forecast is warm and windy.

Comment

FA Trophy for me tomorrow as Lincoln face Welling. Never seen us win there in the league, so hopefully things will be different under the Cowleys. Couple of new faces in the squad too, so here's hoping Dayle Southwell and Billy Knott make an appearance. Two visits to Wembley this season would be nice.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: Flying to Rome this evening for the weekend around the Italy v Wales rugby match on Sunday. It will complete the set of 6 Nations venues for me so I can join the, er, 6 Club.
                    Weirdly I'm in Rome this weekend too. But late weekend. Probably going to try and get to Roma v Fiorentina on Tuesday (I think), and then I've tickets for Italy v Ireland in the Six Nations.

Comment

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle tomorrow. The Dons are playing well right now although we rather predictably lost at Parkhead on Wednesday. I'll be in the boozer before and after - making the most of our city centre(-ish) ground while we still have one.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                        Originally posted by Ray de Galles
                        Flying to Rome this evening for the weekend around the Italy v Wales rugby match on Sunday. It will complete the set of 6 Nations venues for me so I can join the, er, 6 Club.
                        Weirdly I'm in Rome this weekend too. But late weekend. Probably going to try and get to Roma v Fiorentina on Tuesday (I think), and then I've tickets for Italy v Ireland in the Six Nations.
                        EIM, going to the rugby. Truly this is the end of days.

Hope you've got your Cotton Traders harlequin shirt and slip-on loafers ready.

Comment

Plan A is Barrow Celtic v Croftlands Park in the Furness Premier League. Could well change because of the weather.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
                            Originally posted by EIM

I'm going with a communist/left wing, community owned, inclusive rugby team from Rome. My brand is not tarnished by this.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                              Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts
                              Originally posted by EIM

I'm going with a communist/left wing, community owned, inclusive rugby team from Rome. My brand is not tarnished by this.
                              Hipster Rugby tourism at its worst. Shame on your brand.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
                                Originally posted by EIM
                                Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts
                                Originally posted by EIM

Hipster Rugby tourism at its worst. Shame on your brand.
                                No, Leinster will forever be invincible in the hipster stakes.

Comment

Return of the Mac at SJP...in a week where speculation has risen regarding Rafas tenure & how the owner wants to run the club...

would be the ultimate irony if the man who the fans begged to stay lost to the man who the fans never accepted ...need to get the season back on track and still confident this will be done..but the storm clouds are gathering...

Comment

No, Leinster will forever be invincible in the hipster stakes.
                                    Is this a gag? If not, I cannot imagine how Leinster might be termed "hipster"

I recently learned about Old Streetonians RFC who seem so excruciatingly hipster I would have assumed they were some kind of Streatham Rovers style spoof (their name is a play on Old Street) had I not discovered them because they top the division London Welsh's amateur side are in :

"THINK YOU KNOW A RUGBY CLUB THINK AGAIN."

Comment

I was planning on taking my 7 yr-old son along to see Perth Glory Women V Sydney FC Women in the W-League semi-final earlier this afternoon. But the FFA decided to completely undermine the occassion and have it as a curtain-raiser to the mens A-League game, which has just finished.

Whilst Perth Glory members gained free entry to the W-League game, the general public could only gain entry to the Women's game if they bought a ticket to the Men's game, with the marketing hype saying "2 games for the price of 1!" Even though I have no interest in attending the men's game, the cheapest tickets for the Men's game was $45 (Adult & Child), whilst the usual price to attend a W-League game this season is only $10 (kids under 12 go free).

Needless to say I told the FFA where to stuff it and have already emailed them letting them know they're killing the Women's game, just as Women's sport in Australia is really beginning to take off. The first Women's AFL match took place last night to a sell-out 24,500 crowd. Meanwhile, the crowd this afternoon was around 1,500. FFA are a bunch of fuckin' morons.

Comment

Wembley score after half an hour, from a corner. The Crawley Green keeper has a complete screaming fit at his defence, including flinging his cap into the net...

Comment

By the way, both keepers have been very good.

Comment

The increasingly whiney Crawley Green equalise. And Rotherham go behind in Bristol. Another bad day.

Comment

Fucking inbred Luton scum take the lead.

Comment

Self entitled?

Barnsley 0-0 Preston
                                                One point closer to safety. A forgettable game with few chances. With Hourihane gone we just can't unlock solid defences any more. Preston were as whining and dirty as ever.

Comment

Still, at least you didn't have a miserable cunt down the other end droning on on here throughout the match today...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X