No announcement yet.

Racism in English football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Alex ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez, Four days of Nigel pearson/claudio Ranieri, Owen coyle, Roberto Martinez or nigel adkins. Though if you stretch it back a bit, You can squeeze big sam in there.

There is one name that leaps out of that list.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
      He's from Boulogne-sur-Mer

That's all we need to know
      You Greater Paris smug piece of boboist elitocracy, go easy on the old smoking of the moquette and stop your pecksniffery. I’ll have you known that Boulogne, below, is a fine place with a great walled old town, the coastline (Côte d'Opale) is lovely too. Boulogne has the largest public aquariam/sea centre in Europe, Nausicaā (took kids there, fantastic place), one of France’s greatest fish markets and one of the best cheese shops in France (Philippe Olivier). Nearby Wimereux, Le Touquet and Montreuil-sur-Mer (not by the sea actually) are great too.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
        And let's not forget Ribéry's enthusiasm for underage prostitutes.

That distasteful story revealed a quirk of French law - you can have sex with a young woman from the age of 15, but you can't pay them for it until they're 18.
        Ribéry is an utter twat, I think we'll all agree on that (this for instance is disgraceful). But what quirk and what law are you referring to exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Pérou Flaquettes View Post
          You Greater Paris smug piece of boboist elitocracy, go easy on the old smoking of the moquette and stop your pecksniffery. I’ll have you known that Boulogne, below, is a fine place with a great walled old town, the coastline (Côte d'Opale) is lovely too. Boulogne has the largest public aquariam/sea centre in Europe, Nausicaā (took kids there, fantastic place), one of France’s greatest fish markets and one of the best cheese shops in France (Philippe Olivier). Nearby Wimereux, Le Touquet and Montreuil-sur-Mer (not by the sea actually) are great too.

My god it looks amazing. surely it was flattened in the war? I mean look at where it is?

oh and if anyone wants er informed guesses about the article pm me directly.
          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 17-12-2018, 00:36.

Comment

I go to Boulogne-sur-Mer every second weekend, that photo can't be correct.

Comment

Have you ever been a bird?

The Iconography of this flag is an utter nightmare.

Comment

On a hunch, I looked at St. Malo on Google Maps and the photo actually seems to be St. Malo

St. Malo was indeed flattened during the war. They rebuilt it.
                Last edited by anton pulisov; 17-12-2018, 10:58.

Comment

That Chelsea brought anti-Semitism to Budapest that has historically suffered from it tragically and presently facing. new wave of it adds insult to injury.

Comment

On a hunch, I looked at St. Malo on Google Maps and the photo actually seems to be St. Malo

St. Malo was indeed flattened during the war. They rebuilt it.
                    Definitely St. Malo. Been there on numerous occasions. Lovely old port.

Comment

I go to Boulogne-sur-Mer every second weekend, that photo can't be correct.
                      I was testing you, of course it’s not Boulogne-sur-Mer. Saint-Malo you’re saying? And, what difference does it make? You’re nitpicking now anton. At the end of the day, it’s all the same isn’t? It’s northern, rains a lot, it’s by the sea, has big ferry ports, high unemployment, lots of seagulls, moules-frites restaurants and alcoholics, and both old towns are clearly trying to punch above their weight with big bollocks architectural statements that nobody gives a moule about.

[I did think it looked a bit different from when I went 20 yrs ago, fleeting visit of course –school trip –, I’m not crazy enough to actually spend more than a few hours in Boulogne or, God forbid, holiday there.]

But you’re still wrong of course: Boulogne is a very fine town with lovely ramparts:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bo...w=1440&bih=758

You think Boulogne is dire but you go there every other weekend? For work? Love? US Boulogne? Are you hoping to bump into Ribéry? Or you just go there because you’re a masochist? There’s Calais next door when you’re done with Boulogne, just saying.

You’ve become too Francilo-Parisian far too quickly anton, you’re a major disappointment on these boards, people are starting to talk. You rarely have a kind word for the left-behinds in the Territoires, you should be ashamed of yourself, you’re not supposed to acclimatise that convincingly. At this early stage of your Parisiano-Francilien integration you should at least try or pretend to be objective, tolerant, inclusive and give those provincials and their backwater settlements some praise but you don’t even bother, it’s all “France is great” (aka Paris in your world) and “Boulogne is dire”, “Beauvais is shit”, “La Creuse is full of deplorables” with you. I had great hopes in you when you became a Parigot-Francilien, I thought, “Ah, he’s a foreign newbie to Greater Paris, he hasn’t been contaminated yet, there’s a chance he’ll want to stick up for the gueux outside of the Ile de France”, at least for the first 2 years, as there is a limit to how sympathetic one can be. But not even, you bend over backwards to shit on them from a great height just the same. I now officially despair of you.

Comment

It’s northern, rains a lot, it’s by the sea, has big ferry ports, high unemployment, lots of seagulls, moules-frites restaurants and alcoholics.
                        Apart from the unemployment bit, that sounds fucking great. Seriously.
                        Last edited by treibeis; 17-12-2018, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                          That Chelsea brought anti-Semitism to Budapest that has historically suffered from it tragically and presently facing. new wave of it adds insult to injury.
                          They probably thought that the government would welcome it and give them a free bottle of Unicum

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                            Apart from the unemployment bit, that sounds fucking great. Seriously.
                            Yes, two very fine places Sir (I have no idea about the unemployment BTW, or indeed about the rest). I love coastlines, would happily live there, especially Brittany.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              ...bottle of Unicum
                              Please don't tell me what that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                Please don't tell me what that is.
                                Is it something to do with prominent horns?

Comment

I was going to say I want this place bleached by the time I get back here...

Comment

Unicum is an Hungarian bitter liqueur which is very definitely an acquired taste.

In fact I reckon I'm right in saying that I might be the only non-Hungarian who will willingly drink - and enjoy - it.

Comment

No such bird as the seagull.

Comment

I was testing you, of course itÂ’s not Boulogne-sur-Mer. Saint-Malo youÂ’re saying? And, what difference does it make? YouÂ’re nitpicking now anton. At the end of the day, itÂ’s all the same isnÂ’t? ItÂ’s northern, rains a lot, itÂ’s by the sea, has big ferry ports, high unemployment, lots of seagulls, moules-frites restaurants and alcoholics, and both old towns are clearly trying to punch above their weight with big bollocks architectural statements that nobody gives a moule about.
                                        There is a world of difference between the two towns actually, one is on the left bank and the other is on the right bank.

drum roll
                                        Last edited by anton pulisov; 17-12-2018, 22:52.

Comment

Not racism in football but more politics from Raheem Sterling

https://twitter.com/dawnbutlerbrent/status/1075799811302010880?s=21

Comment

Kick It Out being investigated by the Charities Commission:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46641830

I find the timing of this very suspicious.

Comment

hmm, my sister has worked in a couple of NGOs and now works for a company that provides training for charities and NGOs. And without wishing to prejudge this case, This sort of complaint is alarmingly common. Most people who work in the sector are just great, but it seems to attract a subgroup of people who use their positive efforts in one direction to excuse their excesses in other ways. (Either the life event that has encouraged to work in this area has damaged them in other ways that they haven't addressed, or the whole field is utterly ripe for a predatory sociopath) The lack of supervision and oversight means that things can get really out of hand. I have heard pretty horrifying accounts from three of my friends, who have worked for one high profile charity here, that their charismatic leader is an extremely difficult person to work for.

Comment

I'm not assuming Kick It Out are some sort of flawless beacon of perfection (but who knows, they might be), just that flagging this up right now handily diverts attention from the media's shitty treatment of BAME players and could segue into a bit of light character assassination against people wanting the racists brought to book.

Comment

Oh yeah, but it does highlights yet another structural flaw in the idea that you should use the charity sector to try and address problems that should be tackled head on by the government.
                                                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 20-12-2018, 23:42.

Comment

I agree with TAB. I worked over 6 years for a charity and have a jaundiced view of the sector. I also have to work with some charities in my current role and that often isn't a good experience.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X