Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    Oh that’s right. But the actor is British. It makes even less sense.
    Didn't all the storm troopers in the original Star Wars have American accents? I guess they needed to be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
      There has to be more to Rey's backstory, yet. She can talk to Chewie, for a start. How? Luke couldn't. Her parents might well have ended up dead junk traders on Jakku, but I bet they were Corellian pirates or something.
      Maybe she doesn't have any parents.

Comment

The orcs in LOTR were twisted versions of elves, who were captured by Melkor (Sauron's boss) in the First Age and tortured/ disfigured/ broken into the creatures known as orcs. The Uruk-Hai were bred by Saruman as stronger, more resilient fighters to give him the edge when the inevitable war against Sauron came. He was using the enemy's own weapons against him.

I'm not sure skin colour comes into the books, although elves are described as "fair" and I think Uruk-Hai meant 'black orc'.

TAB - do you have a source on the "degraded Mongols" comparison?

Comment

"..they are (or were) squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes; in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types.[15]"

There's a lot of stuff about them being yellow with slanted eyes.

he's simply just a product of his time. It would be extraordinary if he wasn't influenced by all of the mad shit that everyone around him believed.

Comment

Working...
          X