Donald Trump presidential term length prediction thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th April 2019; something to do with not disposing of the conflict of interest with his businesses.

Comment

13 years although the last 3 Ivanka will be doing most of the work before daddy dies during a fishing trip (drowned in the bath by his son avenging his mother humilitiation in the notorious 2023 video of him and five Chinese prostitutes defecating on him) and she takes over. PM Gove is the first foreign politician to congratulate her and asks about that deal....

Comment

Six years

I agree that now we need it to get worse before it gets better.

Like Bobby Hill, America needs to smoke the whole damn carton to learn its lesson. Not sure it will, but stupid militarist redneck culture needs to be shown for what it is.

Comment

In April 2036 The Terrific United States of America was in a state of national mourning when His Big-Handed Excellency and President-for Life, Donald J Trump has his life support machine switched off.

H B-HE Trump's popularity increased so that in the next election he had a large majority in the overall vote as well as in the electoral college. Unpatriotic elements put the pro Trump majority in every state including California down to voter suppression, gerrymandering, the docility of Republican controlled Congress and the unanimity of judges on the Supreme Court, after the controversial 28th Amendment was passed in 2019.

Comment

He'll do a term. He's somehow taken it this far, for Christ's sake.

Comment

Eight years, after which he'll by hailed as the greatest president since Reagan by the usual deranged people. Especailly the war against Mexico will be immensely popular among the electorate .

Comment

Four years, unless the GOP lose the midterms in 2018, which seems unlikely at present. I fear he could win in 2020, but he'd be 74 and I'm not convinced that his health would hold out (OTOH his dad lived until 93 ffs) nor that he has the patience and boredom threshold to do two terms.

I am pessimistic about the Dems getting their act together. Bernie too old, the party corrupted by Clintonism.

Comment

Hot Pepsi wrote: Like Bobby Hill, America needs to smoke the whole damn carton to learn its lesson.
                  This confused me until I realised that I was thinking about the wrong Bobby Hill. It wasn't Renko showing some tough love, then.

Comment

Does complete nuclear annihilation count as "leaving office"? I mean, there'd be some surviving submarine commander somewhere who presumably would become no. 46 by default, at least according to the constitution, wouldn't there?

Comment

A bump, in light of current events.

About half of us are already out of the game. Still a few live players, including the re-election pessimists. I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                        Date Trump leaves office: October 26, 2019

(2 years, 9 months, 6 days)
                        Just under a month to go...

Comment

I'm still thinking 8 years, sadly. Or, at least, I'm trying to figure out a way not to have a breakdown over that.

This nightmare will end someday. The younger and future generations are just not into this white nationalism/planet-destruction shit. Progress happens one funeral at a time. But so much damage has been done and is being done.

I read an interesting piece about how the US could actually break-up. It wouldn't be states just seceding. That's not constitutionally possible right now. It would be more complicated than that. But it would probably be good for the world if it happened.

Comment

Eight years - unless the US goes into recession before next November, voters practically never reject the incumbent.

Comment

Ford, Carter, Bush?

Comment

He is not like those Presidents. He will be in office until he dies.

Comment

Jeezus

Comment

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Comment

Sadly I'm now in the eight year bag too. The impeachment won't work and will galvanise his base.

Comment

His base couldn’t be much more galvanized.

Comment

And hasn't been growing since the inauguration

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            And hasn't been growing since the inauguration
                                            Unlike the crowd watching this, which must now be in billions.

Comment

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but it really does feel like the stench of death is finally upon him.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but it really does feel like the stench of death is finally upon him.
                                                It has that air. There's a frenzy that we've not seen before and a complete failure to defend Trump from many of the usual quarters. But we are a very, very long way from chicken counting time yet. He's looked holed below the water line before, but has remained unsinkable.

Comment

Ivanka might persuade him find a way out, "resigning due to ill-health" or somesuch.

Comment

I thought I'd chipped in when this thread started, but it appears I didn't. At the time I'd have gone for one term, failing to win reelection. Now, I fear he'll get reelected. I don't think it's swayed his way at all, I've just become more pessimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X