No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god no. I wouldn't worry about them. Those people are too fucked up to manage anything like that. It's virtually impossible to create a new party in Ireland. the level of organization required to compete with existing parties is too high. Anyway those people vote for Fine Gael.

Comment

Any chance you could take Fatboy to RTE permanently? America in a lame shockjock double act with Pierce Morgan would be better but still...

Michelle P sounds increasingly assured. Unlike Mary Lou

Comment

It's hard to know what to make of Michelle O'neill. She doesn't have to do anything. There's no Assembly, Sinn Fein don't go to westminster. What exactly does she do? Mary Lou has to be a politician on a day to day basis. What does Michelle O'Neill do, other than strive to change the image of Sinn fein from a party of old, male mass murderers.

Comment

I’d imagine the Maria Cahill case could hurt Mary Lou with her past comments more than O Neil as well, as Middle Ireland won’t have much truck with the omertà style Shinner past.
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-11-2018, 21:06.

Comment

Guess this is a half page of wrong thread but.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
              Gordon Brown making an excellent case for Indyref 2 by arguing that Scotland should be able to negotiate a separate treaty with the EU.
              Wonder what Kevin Fucking Hague and the red white and blue underpants brigade arguing There Is no Power Grab make of this Brownian Intervention?

Comment

How is talking about Northern Irish politics inappropriate on the Brexit thread? I feel that it's the absence of discussions about Northern Ireland politics that have got us here. Personally I blame the whole mess on the failure to shoot the Curragh Mutineers.

Comment

The NZ embassy opens:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...it-884922.html

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    How is talking about Northern Irish politics inappropriate on the Brexit thread? I feel that it's the absence of discussions about Northern Ireland politics that have got us here. Personally I blame the whole mess on the failure to shoot the Curragh Mutineers.
                    Heheh, and the Bonar Law Tories facilitating treasonous arms imports.

Comment

Oooh they've swapped studios. Please god let someone from the DUP patronize Claire Byrne.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                        Any chance you could take Fatboy to RTE permanently? America in a lame shockjock double act with Pierce Morgan would be better but still...

Michelle P sounds increasingly assured. Unlike Mary Lou
                        Pfeiffer?

Comment

This show is setting back the cause of Irish Unity by a decade. There'll be people out tomorrow building a fence after that opening.

Comment

Pierce Morgan? Autocorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                              This show is setting back the cause of Irish Unity by a decade. There'll be people out tomorrow building a fence after that opening.
                              To really get to the heart of the issues, BBC4 repeated all time comedy classic Ireland With Simon Reeve earlier this evening.

Comment

Oh god. I can’t take that silly fanny’s Travelogues on the pacific, Greece or wherever at all seriously after seeing that shite. What a silly wee prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                  To really get to the heart of the issues, BBC4 repeated all time comedy classic Ireland With Simon Reeve earlier this evening.
                                  I've posted them up here. I'll try and find them again. The look on his face when he is confronted with the true horror of the 12th of July is absolutely hilarious. He's been all over the world and he's never seen anything like that.

Comment

Here we go.

He goes to Cork, literally one of the richest cities of its size in the world, and goes looking for a soup kitchen. When he finds one, he keeps bothering middle aged women about religion, and they are so patient with him.

Comment

I like Owen Hatherley a lot, but there are so many easily checked factual mistakes in his Trans Europe Express book in the Dublin chapter that I can’t trust a word he says ever again. Maybe his sources for Ukraine or Germany are just as pish as the presumably PBP wank that gave him the skinny on the Little Wen. And he’s pretty Irish Woke compared to Reeve. Such an incredible blind spot for the average Brit intellectual, left or right, this wyrd island 90 km west.
                                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-11-2018, 00:03.

Comment

Well that was quite the experience. It took Claire Byrne a bit of time to find her feet. She kept asking questions like "But that's just fantasy surely?", or "How is that supposed to work?"

Stephen Nolan is hilarious. I watched him hosting a panel show with a bunch of young people, and he just floundered. I got the impression that the gap between the troubles generation, and the post troubles generation may be the biggest generation gap ever witnessed.

Comment

I’m glad now my flatmate was watching fuckin Sherlock Holmes ala Guy Ritchie while waiting for Red Dead 2 to download.

Comment

I suppose the most telling part of that show was the opinion poll which said that 63% of Northern Irish people said that they thought that brexit made A united Ireland more like, while only 35% of the people in the south thought this. Thing is, only one of those groups of people get a say in that.

Comment

The 26 would look some bunch of cunts if we stopped reunification should there be a Nordie majority for it but. Even FG would have to campaign for a United Ireland in a border poll.

Comment

we get no say.

Comment

So it’s a poll only in the dirty 6?

Comment

we had our say in 1998

Comment

Working...
                                                    X