No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 07-11-2018, 18:40.

Comment

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 07-11-2018, 18:40.

Comment

Epic wrong thread.

Comment

"I have written a few hundred words below on the advantages of free trade, which greatly outweigh the illusory benefits of a 'deal' with the undemocratic EU. Free trade will benefit consumers and the economy, yet few commentators today make the case for it, or appear to understand it.

"If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me....."
          W. Shakespeare.

"For millennia people have been sought advice from soothsayers like the Oracle at Delphi- or today from Mystic Meg.

"In business, the world's greatest investor, Warren Buffett, has warned that "Forecasts tell you a lot about the forecaster, but nothing about the future."

"But some forecasters lack Buffett's humility and insight. Pro-EU economists like David Smith of the Sunday Times or Paul Johnson of the IFS, full of scare stories about a post-Brexit future, are confident in their powers of prophecy.

"In reality, I believe the most consistently INACCURATE forecasts of the last 40 years have been made by pro-EU economists, bankers, academics, MPs, and organisations like the CBI, City accountants and the Financial Times
          Guess which philosopher wrote that?
          Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 07-11-2018, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
            The Channel 4 megapoll last night might suggest that Asian support for Brexit has collapsed.

Ignore the line and the heading and the X axis. Look at the Y access and see the biggest falls in the leave vote. Note Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Slough, Luton.

I know that's not the reason you posted it, but this graph doesn't seem to show all that strong a correlation.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the two areas with the increased Leave vote are?

Comment

Guess which philosopher wrote that?
              Hannan? He seems to be cod-philosophising a lot at the minute.

On the subject of the British Asian vote, I’ve posted this below before but worth mentioning again.

The British Asian vote for Brexit contains a few surprises

Comment

Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wrote it, Perou.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                  I know that's not the reason you posted it, but this graph doesn't seem to show all that strong a correlation.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the two areas with the increased Leave vote are?
                  I think one was Richmondshire.

Comment

Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wrote it, Perou.

Comment

Scottish Parliament votes to support a People's Vote, supported by SNP, Greens, Lib Dems and 2 Labour MSPs (rest abstained).

Comment

Tories voted no I think.

Comment

Ah, you mean SLab.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
                            I think one was Richmondshire.
                            Thank you! Just seen that the other one is the City of London bizarrely enough, though from a base of only 24.7% leave in 2016.

Comment

What on earth is the logic of voting like that? It's the Scottish Parliament, not the Lincolnshire Brexit Parliament. They're supposed to be looking over their shoulders at the SNP, not UKIP.

Comment

Richard Leonard and his Brain Neil Findlay are pure reality denying Lexit Unionist wanks.
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 07-11-2018, 23:26.

Comment

Leonard has spent his first year in charge attacking SNP for stuff that is reserved to Westminster. It’s such a stupid strategy I’m beginning to think there must be some weird method in it.

Comment

This is the Branch office that has the less than useless utterly clueless Leslie Laird as Shadow Scottish sec at WM. They are below the Ruthie Tories again in polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                      Thank you! Just seen that the other one is the City of London bizarrely enough, though from a base of only 24.7% leave in 2016.

Do many folk actually live in the City?

Comment

About 6,000 many in places like the Barbican Centre

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                          This is the Branch office that has the less than useless utterly clueless Leslie Laird as Shadow Scottish sec at WM. They are below the Ruthie Tories again in polls.
                                          They had a good pop at the SNP for rail a while back, but they drove a proper hard bargain with Abellio on the Scotrail contract. Good work.

Comment

There are a few City residents in here as well. Nice spot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesex_Street_Estate

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                              Scottish Parliament votes to support a People's Vote, supported by SNP, Greens, Lib Dems and 2 Labour MSPs (rest abstained).

It’s interesting that Slab has defied McDonnell’s give in on the higher rate of tax allowance (to put pressure on the Nats prior to next month’s Scottish budget- about the first time they have dared themselves to diverge since Leonard took over) but remain so craven to the Big House on Brexit. I’ve a feeling they will be the third party in Scotland for most of my lifetime. Useless cunts.

Their backing of the equal pay strike in Glasgow City council is particularly egregious seeing as Leonard was the GMB officer who signed off on a deal with the then Slab cooncil to protect men at the expense of gender equalizing backdated pay and conditions. Opportunist wanks playing at Red Clydeside.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 08-11-2018, 00:52.

Comment

The Secretary of State for Exiting the EU has just realised that he lives on an island which makes heavy use of the shortest route to its biggest trading partner.

"We hadn't quite understood the extent of this... but if you look at the UK..."

Oh. My. God.

https://twitter.com/indeox/status/1060472540659879936

Comment

He finishes that by suggesting that the average Briton is just as thick and ignorant as he is.

Comment

Holy fucking cow. Has Raab never seen a map of Europe?

WTAF!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X