No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour needs to do some personality politics. Rees Mogg as the real Tory leader. Or Farage. Or Trump. Or Putin.

Comment

Nice sighting of Martin Vickers there, MP for Cleethorpes. A while ago he was talking about special free trade status for Grimsby and Immingham to get him out of the mess he's helped foist on the local area.

Comment

They're all hypocritical cunts, Tubby. But we knew that.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1018880160790171649

Comment

Indeed, Nef.

William Wragg is a new one on me. Supported Andrea Leadsom for Tory leader, I bet he's got a fully worked out Brexit plan.

Comment

Ha ha, William Wragg.

He completed the Teach First programme, a scheme to encourage top graduates into the teaching profession, in 2014 and went on to work as a primary school teacher. However, he left the profession after less than a year to work as a caseworker for a Conservative MP and campaign for the 2015 General Election
            If he loses his seat (as well he might), he can doubtless join Civitas/ Policy Exchange as an education expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
              No deal ultras should push for a new referendum, they would win it easily if there is a triple choice
              Indeed, that's one of my worries with the whole thing. Also, I think there might be a backlash against even including Remain on the vote - I can see an argument being made that 'we've already voted on that, and it was not to Remain, why should you get another go?' sort of thing.

Comment

I can't see any other way out, but those are important points.

Comment

We have to push for a general election. She wants to stagger on/ There are plans to bring the recess forward and presumably something will happen then - but what? Extend article 50? Referendum of some kind ?

Comment

umuna looks to be looking to revive the "anti-semitism" issue in labour. Is the centrist party on its way?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                      I can't see any other way out, but those are important points.
                      Me being the optimist, I'm still going with Labour 'taking back control' - see what I did there? - and going for the Starmer parliamentary option. I think it's still the best we can get - 'respect that we're going out, but make it as soft as possible'. The thought of losing a 2nd referendum is unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                        umuna looks to be looking to revive the "anti-semitism" issue in labour. Is the centrist party on its way?
                        Connected to the 68 rabbi's letter?

Not really any safe seats for centrist carpetbaggers, so would be a very daft move.

Comment

Yes connecred to the 68 Rabbis. Luciana Berger speaking out too.

Comment

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1018931969055514625

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                              Me being the optimist, I'm still going with Labour 'taking back control' - see what I did there? - and going for the Starmer parliamentary option. I think it's still the best we can get - 'respect that we're going out, but make it as soft as possible'. The thought of losing a 2nd referendum is unbearable.
                              I think what you say is what the frontbench have to say. I'm seeing myself as a kiteflying backbencher in this.

Comment

That's pure In The Loop, where the ambassador has to change position twice.

Comment

Grieve now confirms he'll vote against - Soubry and Allen said so earlier.

Comment

Divisions have started, clause 11 first of seven votes expected. Vote on early recess tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                      Divisions have started, clause 11 first of seven votes expected. Vote on early recess tomorrow.
                                      Defeated 289-316

Comment

has Soubry's speech been posted?

https://twitter.com/aljwhite/status/1018936076872880128

Comment

Labour abstain on the SNP amendment. Now onto one of the ERG amendments and where it gets interesting.

Comment

Majority of 3 in a vote there. Not sure what it was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              Majority of 3 in a vote there. Not sure what it was on.
                                              305-302 in favour of an ERG amendment that the HMRC can't collect tariffs on behalf of the EU without a reciprocal agreement.

Comment

Think it was on this.

Jeez, look at those names.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/5fb96...master/676.png

Comment

So which 3 Tory rebel rebels didn’t rebel, and which Lexit/in the wrong party bigots like fucking Hooey voted for evil?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                    So which 3 Tory rebel rebels didn’t rebel, and which Lexit/in the wrong party bigots like fucking Hooey voted for evil?
                                                    Probably not more than 4 Labour clowns- Hoey, Stringer, Field, Mann. Lexiters Kelvin Hopkins, Ronnie Campbell and Denis Skinner likely to have come round.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X