No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly Berba. It’s like Labour don’t realize folk are looking on from abroad. Let alone viewers in Scotland.

Comment

We're going to see CAPITAL LETTERS soon.

Comment

NOT FROM ME.

Comment

Labour have been meeting the EU pretty regularly. I'm sure that the EU isn't building its analysis on Labour's position on PMs questions. Again its legitimate to argue that Labour might have won support for a FOM position if they'd argued for it, its equally possible that it would have let the Tories and the press harp on about Labour and immigration to the exclusion of everything else. Both are defensible positions, neither are idiotic.

Comment

I mean I am a Green party member and am delighted that we have consistently argued for Freedom of Movement being a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              Exactly Berba. It’s like Labour don’t realize folk are looking on from abroad. Let alone viewers in Scotland.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1062827895746379776

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Well I suppose at this point, no-one expects this agreement to apply to Scotland. Surely this is the start of the lead up to the second Independence referendum.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1062835523138584581
                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 14-11-2018, 23:45.

Comment

That May/Hunt/even Corbyn judging by the last Labour conference will block. So is the pound shop Pearse to be fuckin Tommy Sheridan leading an equally doomed in short term but ultimate catalyst Easter Rising occupying Glasgow City Chambers with paintball guns?

Comment

If he tried to take over a post office, he'd just get the shit kicked out of him by glaswegian pensioners.

Comment

Hahaha, Cannae stop ma pinshun ya fanny

Comment

I bet that Post offices were the only govt buildings that were safe in Derry during the troubles, for exactly the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              I'm with Spoony here. People (in both Labour and Tory parties) unilaterally deciding that the referendum somehow included an explicit red-line on ending FoM has completely fucked us. Now nobody can come out and defend FoM and therefore EEA membership. Even though throughout the referendum campaign people kept referring to the economic success of Norway and Switzerland.

Labour could at least now start making the case, rather than leading with their ridiculous Test 3 that implicitly stops any sensible Brexit.
                              I mean, that is why people voted Leave though. No one gives a fuck about the UK constitution or parliamentary sovereignty except for eggheads. It was dey took ur jawbs.

Comment

The DUP are very muted. It must be a shock to be stabbed in the back like that.

Comment

A 4% majority, with only 2 of 4 constituent nations voting racist means we have to tank the economy of the U.K.? Fuck this, UDI the cunts Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    The DUP are very muted. It must be a shock to be stabbed in the back like that.
                                    Yeah it’s not like the ghost of Carson could have warned them about Traitorous Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                      I mean, that is why people voted Leave though. No one gives a fuck about the UK constitution or parliamentary sovereignty except for eggheads. It was dey took ur jawbs.
                                      Did they? How do we know? It was the question that was asked. There is no explicit red line about FoM.

Comment

Leave voters' self-described priorities:

Comment

Fucking idiots will suffer soon. Who will wipe yer arse or diagnose yer ailments in the geriatric ward yis pricks?

Comment

They won't have geriatric wards. out on the street with them if they're too feckless to have savings.

https://twitter.com/TomKibasi/status/1062817554291482624

Comment

https://twitter.com/PhilipSime/status/1062842717590470656

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                Do all that many Labour voters in the English "heartlands" care about freedom of movement?

Comment

Gardiner and McDonnell etc seem to think so.

Comment

I’m with Prof John Curtice that they are misreading what the Brexit result means for their ”Core” (vote for a monkey on a stick if it has a red rosette) vote. ie they can afford to ignore the racists and the Sensible Fucks like Flint and still hold onto most of their seats and win elsewhere with a pro FoM policy.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X