Clear All

Newsnight is making me feel sick.

Comment

Fuck off Welsh border farmers.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NinaDSchick/status/1072634409789112320

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
          Is there any process to verify the number of letters Brady's got? Whenever this comes up, you see lists of people who say they've sent in letters.
          There will be by Wednesday lunchtime, could make PMQs interesting, presuming she actually shows up?

Comment

Hugo Rifkind's cheese submarine thread is exceptionally good
            https://twitter.com/hugorifkind/status/1072222352035987456

Comment

No confidence vote on May triggered

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, please keep your hands and arms inside the car.

Comment

The Guardian’s list of the seven likely Tories who’ll compete to replace her is a real stomach-churner.

Comment

Excellent piece by Chakrabortty about Robert a Romanian leaving in the UK

The Tories are burning the country down

Comment

Jesus Christ this could lead to Jeremy Hunt becoming Prime Minister.

Comment

It would be an improvement. Jeremy Hunt is deeply stupid, but he's less ideologically blinkered than the plausible alternatives.

Comment

You know things are really really bad when the most appealing name on a list of 7 is Amber Rudd

Comment

If only Corbyn had tabled that motion of no confidence, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                              The Guardian’s list of the seven likely Tories who’ll compete to replace her is a real stomach-churner.
                              NOW IS YOUR BEST CHANCE, CHUKKA!

Comment

Is there a majority within Tory MP ranks for making sure no hard Brexit? If so, presumably the hard Brexiters - the majority of that shit show - have relatively little chance, and it'd be Rudd or Hunt who would win if May loses the confidence vote. I wonder if Remainer Tory MPs might be confident of that and therefore likely to vote against May, in horror at the way she seems to be fanatically opposed to a 2nd referendum and determined to drag everyone to a position where there are no choices left but her shit deal or even worse no deal?

Comment

This critical moment in the nation's history and we've got Dan Walker commentating on a door being opened and closed. What a time to be alive.

Comment

Reckon she'll resign anyway. She won't lose the vote (if she doesn;t resign before it) but she'll resign afterwards.

Comment

Reckon she'll resign anyway.
                                      Well, I wouldn't bet against that, but it seems less likely in her case than it would be with 90%+ of politicians in the same situation. She is a very odd woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                        Reckon she'll resign anyway. She won't lose the vote (if she doesn;t resign before it) but she'll resign afterwards.
                                        I'm not sure that anything we've seen regarding May's mindset makes that a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                          Is there a majority within Tory MP ranks for making sure no hard Brexit? If so, presumably the hard Brexiters - the majority of that shit show - have relatively little chance, and it'd be Rudd or Hunt who would win if May loses the confidence vote. I wonder if Remainer Tory MPs might be confident of that and therefore likely to vote against May, in horror at the way she seems to be fanatically opposed to a 2nd referendum and determined to drag everyone to a position where there are no choices left but her shit deal or even worse no deal?
                                          Won't happen. The PCP only choose a shortlist of two candidates.
                                          After that it's up to the party membership. And they're fucking mental. Whichever brexit headbanger makes it into the final two will win.

Comment

Actually that's correct. She seems almost masochistic in her desire to take shit. I thought she might resign now but she's just come out and said she's fighting on

Comment

After that it's up to the party membership. And they're fucking mental. Whichever brexit headbanger makes it into the final two will win.
                                              oh jesus christ. In that case I hope (a) she wins and then (b) she does a volte face on 2nd ref, or even pushes a unilateral Art 50 revocation like John Major wants.

Comment

"I fight on, I fight on to win" ?

Comment

Nicked from a David Schneider tweet (and thanks to Diable Rouge for trying to teach me how to embed), but the Tories had a vote on May in 2016, how dare they demand to have another vote on her now they know what a shit decision it was. The Tories have spoken, just get on with it...

Comment

That's brilliant from Schneider.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X