No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my last Brexit genius of the day, with a new angle.

https://twitter.com/2010LeeHurst/status/1072149263776399361

Comment

I always thought Nic Hancock and Rory Essex were the biggest cunts on that horrible show. I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        Bespoke??!! Fuck the fuck off. Fuck off Labour youse aren’t having a conversation with yourselves. Europe is listening. We can read English in Ireland. C’mon Scotland where’s the Citizen’s Army and Pointless Sacrifice?
        Mandelson said there was scope for renegotiation on Newsnight this evening.

Comment

Not on the goddam backstop. Youse can’t be trusted as far as ye can be thrown, Tory or Labour, Sensible or Lexiter. The backstop is non negotiable but St fucking Soubry even was denouncing it this evening. Every U.K. wide party is a fucking disgrace.
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 10-12-2018, 23:52.

Comment

It's non negotiable if the UK leaves the CU/SM, but it's pretty obvious a Labour Brexit wouldn't.

Comment

And there’s no discussion to be had on FoM so it’s time to remain (or as near as) or die seeing as there’s no time for SM/CU position to be negotiated. Labour are still talking about cake exemptions for SM “access”.

Comment

The backstop needs to be there in case something fucks the future arrangement deal. That’s non negotionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                  Corbyn, McDonnell and Starmer do at times reassure me. Can they be a bit more careful about the support band?

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1072118704249294848
                  Unfortunately Pete Best, Andrew Ridgely, Baby Spice and co quit due to musical differences a while ago so they have to go with what they've got.
                  Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-12-2018, 07:52.

Comment

Jesus fucking fuck at the BBC again.

Anna Soubry denigrates Labour for not tabling a vote of no confidence and then in the same fucking breath says "Bring it on, I'll be supporting the Government" and Emily Maitlis just carries the fuck on.

Comment

meanwhile Andrea Leadsom attacks the Speaker
                      https://twitter.com/BBCNormanS/status/1072407243797209088

Comment

https://twitter.com/steverichards14/status/1072409850586509312

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                          Unfortunately Pete Best, Andrew Ridgely, Baby Spice and co quit due to musical differences a while ago so they have to go with what they've got.
                          I sometimes find myself pondering what would have happened if David Beckham had married Baby Spice, or sporty spice, instead of Posh spice.

Comment

January 21. For fuck's sake.

Comment

Britain has suggested Brussels could replicate a concession given to the Dutch government in 2016 after the country rejected a Ukraine association agreement. The EU issued a binding legal interpretation of the treaty that avoided reopening the agreement to placate Dutch concerns. But Brussels is not willing to offer any clarification that carries legal force.
                              Aaargh. The Ukraine clarification was at least in line with the legal text. You're literally asking them to take a backstop, which is designed to always be available, and legally commit to it never being available. You are fucking insane. If the backstop cannot be used it is literally useless.

Comment

Help me out as someone exiled in the USA:

What's the argument against the no time limit backstop - that it keeps the UK under EU rules indefinitely? What's the counterargument to that? That the alternative is far worse?

Comment

The counterargument is that: a) We agreed to it. A year ago; and b) One of the UK's own red lines, before the Tories hopped into bed with the DUP, was no hard border in Ireland, and the UK has yet to propose anything that isn't totally pie in the sky. Not only that, but it has shown every intention of walking away from its commitments if it can get away with it. The backstop is the pragmatic response to the fact that the UK position on NI is cake made manifest. The UK wants all the benefits of the single market without any acknowledgement of the consequences.

Comment

Be afraid, be very afraid:

http://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/1072402544394166277

Comment

Are the implications of Brexit clearer to people now than during the referendum campaign,
                                      This is a rather poorly worded question. I mean, it's pretty unclear now what "Brexit" itself will bring, but it's surely clearer, at least for those paying attention, what each of the different varieties of Brexit will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                        The backstop needs to be there in case something fucks the future arrangement deal. That’s non negotionable.
                                        Indeed. Guy is still up for negotiating/implementing something a lot closer though.

Comment

McDonnell made a bit of a fool of himself today, completely gratuitously.

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1072478250738298883

Labour haven't kicked on from 2017 in Scotland at all.

Comment

That decision yesterday that the UK can unilaterally delay/revoke A50 has blown up May's tactic - if tactic it was - to keep pushing it down the line so that it's 'my deal or no deal'. Varadkar has just underlined that.

It also takes the pressure off of Starmer/Corbyn to go for a vote of no confidence now; those urging him to do so are saying 'time is running out' and that he needs to do it now, lose, then go for a PV - not the case, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              McDonnell made a bit of a fool of himself today, completely gratuitously.

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1072478250738298883

Labour haven't kicked on from 2017 in Scotland at all.

Yep, I’d still bet on them losing rather than gaining seats. I’d say only Ian Murray and Paul Sweeney are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                Ha ha.

Even with all that, Labour should never be short of lawyers to do Burgon's job.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                                  That decision yesterday that the UK can unilaterally delay/revoke A50 has blown up May's tactic - if tactic it was - to keep pushing it down the line so that it's 'my deal or no deal'. Varadkar has just underlined that.

It also takes the pressure off of Starmer/Corbyn to go for a vote of no confidence now; those urging him to do so are saying 'time is running out' and that he needs to do it now, lose, then go for a PV - not the case, now.
                                                  If the EU offered an extension, it would definitely change it. But as far as I can see, it's go on with it, or revoke completely. Is the government ever going to tell its base "we're in for another 2 years, minimum"?

Comment

Indeed. If the UK really wants their Unicorn Cake Brexit, then they can withdraw Article 50 request, go away for a year or two, come up with an actual fucking plan, and then trigger Article 50 again at any time in the future.

May's idiotic move was triggering Article 50 without a plan.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X