The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    I'm not sure they don't care. I'm pretty sure they almost all of them have never thought about it and are totally unaware. It's not crossed their minds that they might have international obligations that they can't just walk away from with impunity.
    *cough* "Divorce bill".

Comment

I’m slightly more (optimistic is the wrong word, the birth pangs will be hellish) sure these past few days that Scotland will not be part of this Racist Pariah by 2021. Let alone what’s about to happen with Norn Irn. May is pissing her Precious Union against a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
        Does that kill the NHS, workers rights and force us into the tender loving arms of Donald Trump?

Then mission accomplished.
        yes, but what will people eat? That's the sort of question that we're going to have to start thinking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          Does that kill the NHS, workers rights and force us into the tender loving arms of Donald Trump?

Then mission accomplished.
          Well that’s prob been Foxy and the other disaster capitalists aim all along. And Henry VIII clauses and Emergency Powers Act might give them the ability to do that. But I’d hope we’d see some Mussolini lampost action if it came to that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
            yes, but what will people eat? That's the sort of question that we're going to have to start thinking about here.
            Jam.

Comment

No i'm serious. People have to stop saying No-Deal Brexit, and instead start calling it Full scale Economic War.
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-12-2018, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                I’m slightly more (optimistic is the wrong word, the birth pangs will be hellish) sure these past few days that Scotland will not be part of this Racist Pariah by 2021. Let alone what’s about to happen with Norn Irn. May is pissing her Precious Union against a wall.
                Is it for sure that Spain and others with separatists don't fuck you over when you're trying to join the EU?

That's the best I've got these days.

Comment

Scotland wouldn't be leaving an eu member state.

Comment

It wouldn't be the same as 2014, but it would put a spring in a few separatist steps.

Scotland's going to be in a funny position without an established central bank or currency. Couldn't Spain say "nothing against Scotland, but there are these other things..."?

Comment

The previous PP govt said they wouldn’t veto Scotland if it tried to join post Brexit. Doubt PSOE will be more hardline. The circumstances would be v diff than any path to Catalan Indy. Plus, every one of the 27 will be more than happy to give rUK a black eye.

Comment

Scotland like Sweden Czechs etc could promise to join the Euro at an unspecified date in the future. God make me fiscally prudent, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          The previous PP govt said they wouldn’t veto Scotland if it tried to join post Brexit. Doubt PSOE will be more hardline.
                          Ah, didn't know that.

Fair enough.

Comment

Foxy Lying about the backstop on Newsnight now, Maitlis not challenging him when he lies about it only being temporary in the agreement.

Comment

Apparently it was how Enda Kenny broke the uncomfortable silence at the end of David Cameron's account of how he lost the referendum to the other members of the EU council. Scotland wouldn't be leaving an eu country and would in theory be no different to the czech republic or slovakia, or croatia or slovenia.

There is no reason why scotland wouldn't be able to set up a central bank, and introduce the Euro. It's unclear why Scotland would bother with establishing a new currency. or want to be shackled to sterling. Setting up a central bank is not impossible, and EU membership doesn't really enter into it. A newly independent scotland will have to get its financial house in order as a first order of business. And it can do that by grabbing EU dependent chunks of the UK economy, if it moves quickly. An independent Scotland's future is going to be largely based around being the part of the island of Great Britain that is in the single market.

Comment

Disgusting wee nyaff.

Comment

Bercow seemed to suggest that it isn't quite the case that anyone can cause a confidence vote.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    Apparently it was how Enda Kenny broke the uncomfortable silence at the end of David Cameron's account of how he lost the referendum to the other members of the EU council. Scotland wouldn't be leaving an eu country and would in theory be no different to the czech republic or slovakia, or croatia or slovenia.

There is no reason why scotland wouldn't be able to set up a central bank, and introduce the Euro. It's unclear why Scotland would bother with establishing a new currency. or want to be shackled to sterling. Setting up a central bank is not impossible, and EU membership doesn't really enter into it. A newly independent scotland will have to get its financial house in order as a first order of business. And it can do that by grabbing EU dependent chunks of the UK economy, if it moves quickly. An independent Scotland's future is going to be largely based around being the part of the island of Great Britain that is in the single market.
                                    Finally the IFSC gapsites on the Clyde might get filled with proper talls.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      Bercow seemed to suggest that it isn't quite the case that anyone can cause a confidence vote.
                                      Labour can’t just sit back forever. At some point they will have to twist the knife.

Comment

These silly Brit cunts still seem to think they can wish away the backstop. Lordy. Last fucking December.

I should stop watching Newsnight.

Comment

Jonathan meades on Newsnight now. Thank fuck he’s not a contrarian Brexiter. He’s a cunt but I do half respect him.

Comment

John Redwood's launched a pamphlet on Brexit, it's going to be fine.

https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/1070663247790071811

Comment

Nothing to worry about, Labour get it, they're just boxing clever.

Oh shit, it's Richard Burgon. Following on last night's Oh shit, its Barry Gardiner, apparently.

Corbyn, McDonnell and Starmer do at times reassure me. Can they be a bit more careful about the support band?

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1072118704249294848

Comment

Redwood’s another cunt recommending richers moving their assets to Dublin post Brexit, isn’t he?

Comment

Bespoke??!! Fuck the fuck off. Fuck off Labour youse aren’t having a conversation with yourselves. Europe is listening. We can read English in Ireland. C’mon Scotland where’s the Citizen’s Army and Pointless Sacrifice?

Comment

My bp was a daycent 115/75 on Thursday. I’ll be breaking my blood vessels with gabba techno rates if this goes on much longer.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X