The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Sounds like blackmail to me. Vote for my deal or I will fuck over the queue jumpers and the citizens of nowhere
    But tht is what she wants to do more than absolutely anything in the world. She hates foreigners. (But she's xenophobic, not racist. It genuinely is all foreigners.)

Comment

Well that's the thing isn't it. Essentially the Italian govt has this brilliant idea that if they borrow in the region of 3-4% of GDP and pump it into the economy, then everything will turn out well. And the EU is pointing out that they've been attempting this experiment for about 20 years straight, and so far the major findings of this experiment is that your economy doesn't really grow very much and you eventually go bankrupt. So they would quite like Italy to stop fucking around and sort their mess of a country out, because they're bankrupt and no-one is going to give them the money for this bullshit. If they want more money, perhaps they should focus on doing something about what is by far the largest Black economy in Europe (proportionally and absolutely) and maybe get a handle on things like VAT fraud, which amounts to a sum equivalent of 2% of GDP. and is a quarter of the european total.

The thing is that Italy is in a very similar position to Ireland in the late eighties after we went bankrupt the first time. We too like Italy and greece now, had a massive black economy, which meant that we had a very narrow tax base, and we piled the taxes very high on those people. Charlie fucking Haughey and his government of gangsters actually addressed this. That's how bad things were. but doing a variety of structural reforms like that, meant that when we got structural funds from the EU, they made a real difference. There is literally no point in pumping money into Italy as things stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
        Still engaging in unicorn politics - the EU will simply laugh any attempt to create a customs union that allows trade deals out of the water, and Labour might as well opt to remain in the official single market, rather than seek some bespoke fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          Not according to the Divine Laura K, who managed to interpret

But if under the current rules we cannot get an election, all options must be on the table. Those should include Labour’s alternative and, as our conference decided in September, the option of campaigning for a public vote to break the deadlock.
          with

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1070768337825734656

Jesus fucking fuck it's right fucking there you useless fucking heap.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Not according to the Divine Laura K, who managed to interpret

with

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1070768337825734656

Jesus fucking fuck it's right fucking there you useless fucking heap.
            Yes, but it's nothing new compared to the conference.

Comment

Guardian headline mentions referendum but I don't think Corbyn's article does.

Comment

I quoted it. A public vote to break the deadlock. If it isn't a GE, then it's a referendum.

Comment

Ah sorry. Must improve my proofreading skills. Or wake up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                    Yes, but it's nothing new compared to the conference.
                    I know, but you have to understand that what is said at conference, what John McDonnell says, what Keir Starmer says and now what Corbyn says doesn't fucking matter to these people. He used the words "public vote", so because he said neither "peoples vote" nor "referendum" it doesn't bloody count.

Comment

Sounds like blackmail to me. Vote for my deal or I will fuck over the queue jumpers and the citizens of nowhere
                      The EU side is, as far as I'm aware, going to go for the deal anyway. Maybe the parliament would block it but up till now I haven't heard any real suggestion of that. It's the UK she needs to blackmail. This would be more objectionable if she'd done it during the negotiations.

And I'm not saying it's not objectionable. But it's nowhere near as objectionable as pulling out of the EU and saying "fuck off foreigners", which she was doing anyway. To the extent that she's willing to fuck up the country royally and throw her career down the toilet just to stop EU migration.
                      Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 06-12-2018, 20:37.

Comment

not cake, sensible statesmanlike (racist) behaviour.

https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/1069497934323027969

Comment

Do former prime ministers get a security detail? Just asking for a friend....

Comment

Yes they do.

Comment

Things are (or were) more relaxed in Dublin. While returning home late one night I was forced to stop for a slash against the garden wall of Garret Fitzgerald's house in Ranelagh. There was usually a Garda Sergeant on duty, but he'd gone to the shop for some fags.

Comment

http://twitter.com/LucidTalk/status/1071019594926698496

55% support for a united Ireland in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Comment

Priti Patel says any more lip from you lot and we'll send you to bed with no supper

Comment

Lmao there's gonna be murals of leo varadkar going up in west belfast by the time this dust settles

Comment

Norway has rejected Norway Plus.

Comment

A fucking stone sociopath from the John Unionist wing of Fine Gael as the Great Liberator. Brexit truly is the worst of all worlds.

Comment

Paul Nuttall and David Coburn have left UKIP, while its leader has left the Eurogroup its in, because of Farage's continued presence.

Comment

David Coburn and Walter Mitty complaining UKIP have gone overboard on the Muslim bashing is a bit rich. Are these fuckers looking to rejoin the Tories? Maybe Matthew Goodwin will fill the gap with his Sensible racism.

Comment

Priti fucking Pratel....she could be an honorary old, white, racist, retired, Daily Mail reading Little Englander....

Comment

Ireland can feed itself six times over. No more dairy for youse cunts Pritti.

Comment

Meanwhile, Angela Kramp-Karrenbauer is elected CDU leader.

Comment

That's a lot of cabbage spoony.

AKK (Annegret) to take Mutti away?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X