No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's the problem too that no Brexit delivers for regions. The softest is reckoned to be a 3% hit to the North East. That's not delivering.

If Labour come to power and achieve Soft Brexit, which I think would be a fantastic achievement, can they say they've delivered for regions?

Comment

As regards point 3, there's a case to make that it could be fulfilled if migration were "managed" in the way that it's been managed in Germany- simply by implementing the rules that already exist, and/or by demanding a registration system as exists in a number of Eu companies.

Comment

But why say it at all? You'd only say it because you're making a deliberate appeal to a the We Must Stop Foreigners Living Here demographic.

Comment

I think you can promise to use powers that have been available to reassure people, but just because they haven't been used doesn't mean that the EU immigration has been bad for anybody.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering whether we are dealing with sane people pushing Brexit.

https://twitter.com/OwenPaterson/status/964531995421368321

Comment

Yeah, that's how you get out of a treaty there, Owen.

Comment

Shackled to a corpse.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GuitarMoog/status/964714511876919296

Sure, it's Bastani.

But let's face it, there won't exactly be a shortage of his sort of bollocks being spouted around the leader. People who are worried on this score, have absolutely every right to be worried.

Come on, offer me some stronger signs that I don't need to be worried.

Comment

Comment

The last graph really didn't choose its title very well

Comment

Double entendre?

I usually spot them. I was already saying oo-er at that phallic surge in French state aid. But can't see a phallic title.

Comment

No, I was querying the fact that it claims to be a graph of 2015.

Comment

Ah, well-spotted.

Comment

Oh wow, I'm shocked, And amazed to see some of the names involved in this.

Comment

I see Fox's department don't know what's going on.

Another unofficial Foxy policy!

Comment

As an aside, it's nice to see my bete noire, Paul Embery, getting a few serious people on his case now. About Brexit, immigration, and his latest reactionary bollocks.

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/964610491099308032

Comment

Another example of the sort of rubbish that's filling the Brexit void at the moment (Longworth, not Leroux). Wonder if Marcus Leroux is related to Garth Leroux. Can he bowl quick?

I'm not sure the argument is "coming our way". I'm really not. May's doubled down and isn't paying any price in the polls, as far as I can see.

https://twitter.com/marcusleroux/status/964441117566611456

Comment

It seems as though Farmers have suddenly realized that they're leaving the EU.

Comment

No more Embery spam please.

Comment

I think Embery is on lots of people's radar as a poisonous fool now. I think I've played my modest part in that.

No more spam.

Comment

Hilariously, Mark Reckless came out in favour of Welsh farmers staying in the Single Market once he'd played his role in driving them out.

Comment

Marcus "yadda yadda yah yah" Fysh MP (Con, Yeovil) has been found to have deleted a tweet 3 months ago.

As you might have guessed, it was of the "we don't want to leave the Single Market" variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                                I think Embery is on lots of people's radar as a poisonous fool now. I think I've played my modest part in that.

No more spam.
                                                I am certainly not having a go and am grateful for your work in exposing this prick, but each new post entices me to read the whole twitter thread and it's a time sucker that then leaves a bad taste. A downer.

Comment

I know several farmers, and they all voted leave.

Despite myself, and knowing what it means for Cumbrian business; fuck them. Own your fucking shit.

Comment

Might get some proper forests for the Lake District (and Wales, and the aristo ravaged lands of upland Scotland) replacing the subsidized sheep ravaged wet deserts at least, seeing as the Leavers keep telling us to look on the bright side in the name of the National Interest.
                                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 19-02-2018, 00:11.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X