No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If she doesn't say this stuff, she's turfed out by her party. I'm not saying she doesn't believe it, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
      https://twitter.com/GeorgeWParker/status/1042424760695775233

At least three EU members have live experience of same.
      I can only think of two that specifically have experience of being carved in two. And two more that have experienced being carved into multiple pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
        Is May seriously suggesting an NI referendum on the backstop?

https://www.politico.eu/article/ther...on-eu-demands/
        The best way out for her i would say, 'will of the people', thus 'silencing' DUP and ERG...

Comment

How far back are we going?

There’s at least one EU country that has been carved out of existence.

Comment

"Fellow leaders, how would you feel if you carved your own country in two while you were supposedly in charge, due to your impotence and indecision in the face of the dishonesty and short term selfishness of your party?"

How can they resist?

Comment

Lets limit it to countries that have been split in two as a result of UK divide and rule policies. One of them is their main counterpart in a lot of these discussions. But it would be interesting to see what Cyprus have to say about it. i also wouldn't leave myself at the mercy of left wing greeks, or polish nationalists, who are about as keen on Churchill as the Bengali's.

By the way, when Irish journalists are saying that anglo irish relations are at a 30 year low, they're referring to This incident
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 19-09-2018, 18:26.

Comment

Though the 30 year rule is likely to mean that that interval will remain at 30 years for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  Lets limit it to countries that have been split in two as a result of UK divide and rule policies. One of them is their main counterpart in a lot of these discussions. But it would be interesting to see what Cyprus have to say about it. i also wouldn't leave myself at the mercy of left wing greeks, or polish nationalists, who are about as keen on Churchill as the Bengali's.

By the way, when Irish journalists are saying that anglo irish relations are at a 30 year low, they're referring to This incident
                  Though the events of Death on the Rock that same year hardly helped either.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Though the 30 year rule is likely to mean that that interval will remain at 30 years for some time to come.
                    I don't know. This is bad. It's going to be hard to get worse than this. i was talking to someone who would have a certain awareness of such matters, and he said that it would have required ministerial approval and above.
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 19-09-2018, 19:26.

Comment

Ha ha. Dominic Raab's been put to work on the important stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        I don't know. This is bad. It's going to be hard to get worse than this. i was talking to someone who would have a certain awareness of such matters, and he said that it would have required ministerial approval and above.
                        Yeah but the source for this story is the UVF. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they were engaging in a bit of shit-stirring, at a time when the relationship between the two countries was improving.

Comment

If there are no UK proposals now, even getting matters signed off by November seems ambitious:

http://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1042727841836793856

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                            Yeah but the source for this story is the UVF. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they were engaging in a bit of shit-stirring, at a time when the relationship between the two countries was improving.
                            They sent him the targeting information. They didn't put it together.

Comment

Jacob Rees-Mogg has a full page spread on the Daily Star today informing its readers that because of Brexit, their beer will be cheaper next year and so will Spanish holidays. Providing no justification for either claim except 'we will have no tariffs'. We don't at the moment with the EU of course but this is no longer about economics, this is politics at its crudest.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nick_gutteridge/status/1042772038782472192

Comment

Today's BBC Have Your Say shitfight:

Donald Tusk: Theresa May's Brexit trade plan won't work

Within the first few comments I read there was one about Laura Kuenssberg being pro-Corbyn, one wishing death on all Remainers, and one informing non-EU citizens that Argos are doing good deals on luggage. What a country.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                    Today's BBC Have Your Say shitfight:

Donald Tusk: Theresa May's Brexit trade plan won't work

Within the first few comments I read there was one about Laura Kuenssberg being pro-Corbyn, one wishing death on all Remainers, and one informing non-EU citizens that Argos are doing good deals on luggage. What a country.
                                    It regularly makes the Daily Express comment section look comparatively sane.

Comment

Number 10 spinning furiously to the FT, and presumably others, that May was "ambushed" in Salzburg. As if the EU 27 hasn't consistently said that you couldn't be half in and half out of the single market. The capacity of this government to be surprised by the blatantly obvious never ceases to amaze me

Comment

Apparently by the time Brexit happens enough old people will have died and young people reached voting age for Remain to win if the referendum was held again. This is without the "Oh FUCK!!!" factor changing people's minds.

Comment

Does anyone know what the options are on this second referendum everyone wants.

Are they:
                                          Yes, accept the deal
                                          No, don't accept the deal and leave
                                          No, don't accept the deal and stay

If that third option isn't on there I'm not sure what I'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                            Number 10 spinning furiously to the FT, and presumably others, that May was "ambushed" in Salzburg. As if the EU 27 hasn't consistently said that you couldn't be half in and half out of the single market. The capacity of this government to be surprised by the blatantly obvious never ceases to amaze me
                                            That's "ambush" in the sense that England "ambushed" Andrew Hilditch at The Oval in 1985.

Comment

Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Are they:
                                                Yes, accept the deal

Whatever the option, it seems Corbyn won't offer it if he gains power:

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1042806209240342528

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Are they:
                                                  Yes, accept the deal

I hope not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow%...bility_theorem

Comment

One of the ways those in favour of a second referendum have increased support for that option has been by being very non-committal about what the options would be.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X