No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d say there’s a dark part of a born authoritarian racist like May that’s mad looking forward to exercising Emergency Powers. Johnson probably has a wank over the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
      What happens next though if, as seems probable, Labour's rejection sees the deal collapse in the Commons - A new GE or a second referendum? There would have to be an extension to Article 50 at the bare minimum, presumably.
      I suspect that's anyone's guess at this stage.

Assuming Westminster rejects the deal, what do we think the EU's response will be? Maybe that's also dependent on who it is they'd be dealing with.

Comment

http://twitter.com/DUPleader/status/1062451464180785155

Comment

Bastards.

Comment

The EU will let things run their course, they will be better prepared, less impacted and the shitstorm in the UK will focus minds and then it will be time to talk business again...
            Last edited by Moonlight Shadow; 13-11-2018, 21:38.

Comment

Exactly

And the others will be suitably encouraged

Comment

Canned goods and camping stoves in the meantime if the Scottish Spoons have any sense....

Comment

Yep, Brexit box preparation is now commencing...

Comment

Read the replies under that DUP tweet. Just read them.

One that jumps out is one from Natalie Rowe. I was wondering where had I read that name before, and then I remembered that she was the Dominatrix who shared all those candid snaps of young George Osborne and his lines of white powder.

Comment

Prepare to be shocked to the core:

http://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1062462871806898176

Comment

I love the photos of Charlie. His mother has another 10 years in her easily, and he'll be at least 80 when he becomes king, by that stage Wills will be nearly 50 and will look like a Knee, and given the way that the younger royals are gradually forcing their fans to be more tolerant against their will (Hi Meghan) George will have transitioned. Oh And Prince Andrew will have been revealed to have been the real Yorkshire Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
                          The EU will let things run their course, they will be better prepared, less impacted and the shitstorm in the UK will focus minds and then it will be time to talk business again...
                          That would be my gut instinct as well, there are political benefits to be had if not economic ones. A Britain experiencing meltdown in April might help those under threat from the populists during the May elections.

It wouldn't surprise me if the EU we're to casually let it be known in the next couple of weeks that there won't be a round two if cabinet/parliament rejects the deal. I couldn't say it would be undeserved.

Comment

Labour’s genius Napoleon strategy will have been a ball of smoke as well.

Comment

'will look like a Knee'

Comment

Tonight Pop goes Northern Ireland is covering 1984. Holy fucking shit.

There's Robert Maxwell calling for the Brighton Bombers to be brought before a military court and shot. This George Seawright lad was quite the card. Suggesting in belfast City Council that Catholics and their priests should be incinerated, and while awaiting trial for these comments he launched an armed raid to steal a tricolour from the top of a leisure centre. I've got to say the DUP have become very dull.

Comment

Seawright. That's not even a proper Ulster name for fuck's sake. Too English.

Comment

A bit of an odd fish.

Comment

Met him on a train to Larne once. Very tense, not least as we looked not unalike. He may have been ranting about sending Taigs to the incinerator- although with that thick Glaswegian accent you couldnt be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                        Labour’s genius Napoleon strategy will have been a ball of smoke as well.
                                        They could have been shouting 'we must Remain!' for two years, and we'd still be in the same boat.

Comment

That is pretty well an admission that Langie is right and Labour have achieved nothing on this issue, isn't it?

Comment

The only party in the UK parliament other than the Tories that has had any influence on this is the DUP.

Forget it, I hate arguing these counterfactuals about what if the Labour party had done this or what if they'd done that. It just serves those with the actual power to have people say "but look over there"

Comment

Exactly. The entire aim of the British establishment is to ensure the Conservatives stay in power as can be seen by the BBC reporting where on Newsnight yesterday and the today Programme today the presenters kept reminding hat the alternative was a Labour Government

https://twitter.com/squeezyjohn/status/1062489993254522880

Comment

I think what she meant to say was that he'd be failing his country on Brexit, and failing his party by putting the other crowd in power. But it came out all wrong.

Comment

They just keep making these errors don't they. The BBC Training Department ain't w3hat it used to be.

Comment

We'll learn more in a few minutes when the Taoiseach addresses the Dáil.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X