No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for your info, Corbyn's e-mail to me* just said “If we cannot get a General Election, in line with our conference policy, we will support all options remaining on the table, including campaigning for a public vote.” It's just a restatement, but maybe a gradual shift of emphasis?

* Don't want to overstate my importance here. It's to all members.

Comment

How will they get a general election? If its their Plan A, how will they go about it?

Comment

Straight talking Bill Cash, who just moaned about the European Council operating "behind closed doors", won't tell anybody whether he's sent in a letter to get rid of the Prime Minister.

Comment

God Save The Queen drowned out by boos at Lansdowne Road.

Comment

Ah, the Republic are playing Northern Ireland. For a second there, I thought some bunch of situationist provocateurs had got hold of a brass band.

Comment

If May is Boycott in the 1979 world cup final, and last December's 'agreement' was Barnier as Clive Lloyd deliberately dropping a catch off her... who's Collis King?

Comment

"Occasional golden age west indies player Nesta, surprised you've forgotten."

Comment

The Conservative Party is a bit like Yorkshire in the late 70s, I guess.

Comment

Clough Leeds, Ripper Leeds. Corruption bigotry and stinking men. David Peace novel made flesh.

Comment

He has long said he wants to write one about Boycott and the 1978 season. Genuinely.

Comment

Think I’ll skip the cricket stuff like I did the Tokyo Year Zero one. GB84 was just incredible though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                          He has long said he wants to write one about Boycott and the 1978 season. Genuinely.
                          Did anybody make it through Red or Dead? I got kinda bored 200 pages in.

Comment

I daresay Peace has it mostly written, and is just waiting for Boycott to die.

Comment

After his run-in with Johnny Giles and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                Did anybody make it through Red or Dead? I got kinda bored 200 pages in.
                                Nah, didn’t want to read a Peace hagiography.

Comment

http://twitter.com/BorderIrish/status/1063126247683866624

Comment

Where's Johnson? Is he worried about catastrophic job losses, or thinking about his big, tactical, pimply ass?

Comment

I suspect that him, JRM, Raab and Davis are trying to fill a bath with cum.

Comment

Imagine if she’d have made a really thoughtful cricket selection. Torn loyalties. “I’ve always thought of the Brexit negotiations like a 39 year old Rahul Dravid taking the gloves and opening the batting on the 2013 tour of England; you’ve got to be prepared to go the extra mile”.

Comment

It’s like everything’s become a Tubbs analogy.

Comment

This could be the real catalyst for Indyref2.

Comment

This 48 letters requirement, how long do they have to submit them?

Comment

They can submit them and withdraw them at any time. If the bloke who they give them to has 48 at any given time then the leadership contest is triggered

(I think)

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-fintan-otoole

Comment

Ah, did that a bit sloppily - Fintan O'Toole on 'The Paranoid Fantasy Behind Brexit'.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X