The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
    Waddle refused to learn any French during his time playing for Monaco so I'm not hugely surprised to learn that he's a promoter of ignorant Brexit crap.
    Even fucking Cascarino managed Franglais I believe.

Comment

I can’t believe these cunts are only pretending to notice the backstop now

Comment

12 fuckin months later

Comment

I'm surprised, okay not surprised, that no one seems to be pressing them over the implicit admission in their backstop phobia that they don't have a workable solution to the border question. Where's the airy confidence that someone will invent some magic robots in the next week or two that was so noticeable when they were dismissing concerns about the border in the first place?

Comment

and the airy dismissal of the majority Nordie opinion in the Brexit vote in favour of a sectarian sect. I’d have expected them to completely ignore and undermine Scotland re the withdrawal act and reserved powers, but they are so blasé over the em special circumstances in Norn Irn.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-12-2018, 22:37.

Comment

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/com...-37622042.html

Quisling is far too strong a word. Let’s just say cunt. Denis O’Brien betting long on Irexit/capitulation?

Comment

The thing is that the Backstop doesn't make Northern Ireland exit the UK customs union. Goods are supposed to travel between GB and NI without any hindrance. It's only goods that are travelling through Northern Ireland, and on to the Republic.

Comment

Good old Dan and facts are only ever loose aquaintences but.

Comment

How to win friends and influence people...

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1073355214340743168

https://twitter.com/laurnorman/status/1073360848972857346

Comment

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1073362705308897280

Comment

The EU won't budge on a permanent backstop (or equivalent): no hard border ever. There's nothing to negotiate.

Comment

If this guy was ever running Labour, I would have voted for him.

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1073150460683608064

Comment

Can't link but the Telegraph's Brussels correspondent tweets:

Understand that, under questioning from EU27 leaders one of Theresa May's responses was "Brexit means Brexit"

There is some dispute over the quote itself but all the lines coming out are that they are completely exasperated with her.

Comment

It looks like the EU has finally run out of patience...

Comment

Patience with Theresa May, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                  There is some dispute over the quote itself but all the lines coming out are that they are completely exasperated with her.
                                  See, we're not so different after all.

Comment

C4 News have found some absolute tool to claim no deal can be managed. Apparently businesses just need to be resilient. At least he's being challenged on his fantasies.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                      C4 News have found some absolute tool to claim no deal can be managed. Apparently businesses just need to be resilient. At least he's being challenged on his fantasies.
                                      Was it a managed "World Trade Deal"?

Comment

He seemed to be suggesting that we drop all tariffs on imports and then it's cheap shoes all round, before grudgingly admitting that there might be some short term pain in a tone that suggested that anyone who can't handle a bit of rough stuff is an un-British weakling who deserves to be winnowed out. The DG of the CBI had a moment of clarity and said that he was delusional and peddling a dangerous fantasy before reverting to type and saying that business has to make the best of the cards that it is dealt. No deal man's name escapes me; bald fella with black framed glasses and silly sideburns.

Comment

Gerard Lyons is the Brexit economist I believe. He calls no deal/hard Brexit "Clean Brexit".

Comment

Ah, Liam Halligan's mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                              Even fucking Cascarino managed Franglais I believe.
                                              It's close enough to Italian

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                                Ah, Liam Halligan's mate.
                                                And I see he was formerly economic advisor to Boris Johnson. He did seem to be advocating blind optimism as a strategy last night, so presumably they were a perfect match.

Comment

He has a suspiciously hefty, presumably self-penned Wikipedia page. Someone has mischieviously added inverted commas around "expert" in the opening paragraph.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. Pleasing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X