Page 142 of 451 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 11263
    Biscuit
    tulskiy pryaniki
    I dread a border poll in NI where reunification wins. Shit would kick off quite badly up there.

All the DUP had to swallow to keep NI in the UK for 100 years at least was (1) being in the EU (2) a power sharing assembly (3) bilingual road signs. A seriously minor price to pay. But apparently even that is too much.

They remind me of the Japanese soldier found in the jungle of Indonesia in the 80s, still awaiting orders to stand down from Hirohito. Those orders were sent and he stood down. Unfortunately, King Billy is no longer alive to tell these people to stand down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    Michael Hestletine used to make the sovereign desert island argument. I didn't hear anybody much make it in the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by antoine polus View Post
    I dread a border poll in NI where reunification wins. Shit would kick off quite badly up there.

All the DUP had to swallow to keep NI in the UK for 100 years at least was (1) being in the EU (2) a power sharing assembly (3) bilingual road signs. A seriously minor price to pay. But apparently even that is too much.

They remind me of the Japanese soldier found in the jungle of Indonesia in the 80s, still awaiting orders to stand down from Hirohito. Those orders were sent and he stood down. Unfortunately, King Billy is no longer alive to tell these people to stand down.
    The Toriy-Kippers are waiting for the ghost of Enoch Powell to appear to them and stand them down. We might have a long wait.

DR do you have a link for that lucid talk poll? I can't find it anywhere

Here: https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/12/07...dup-sinn-fein/

Meanwhile, the Dáil has signed up for PESCO - perhaps more a pooling of resources than anything else, but all rather rushed through.

Are we still in there? Not kicked out yet? What's are tactic, keep telling the EU how nice their coffee is?

Every body rumouring a deal has been done that the EU (and therefore Ireland) and the Uk can sign up to. Whether it includes the DAY YOU PAY is another matter,

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    Every body rumouring a deal has been done that the EU (and therefore Ireland) and the Uk can sign up to. Whether it includes the DAY YOU PAY is another matter,
    Not yet, t'would appear:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MargSchin...54542782984193

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalisl...68798207287296

Latest from RTE is that frantic discussions are reaching a climax, and a conclusive verdict can be expected by early tomorrow morning.

They rode over peasants like you
    Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    I’ve come on my knee.

Laura Kuenssberg, thankfully, suggests DUP MPs, but not yet the NI members, are on board:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak...84187863568384

Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    But the Duppers at WM are the proper crazies. Which should bode well. Unless Arlene is full on biting the carpet crazy noo.

Mañana, mañana, encore.

If the DUP agree something, the position of the Tory "no dealers" is interesting. Are they going to fold, or have a Christmas fall in the pound on their heads?

Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    This IEA Kate Andrews fuck is a fucking mook. A shill. A dangerous scumbag. An evil liar or a fool. So many people should take the Roman way out in a warm bath, not a shred of honour or decency left. Though I’d rather Jenkin was trampled by the mob than get the easy way out. What a shit right wing fuck bunch of fuckbags chaired by a Kipper Bastard 20 years overdue a defenestrating. Turn off Question Time now, dying of impotent rage would be a bit shit.

Spoony...Spoony, are you alright?

Damn, he didn't make it to the off button in time. This is on your head, Dimbleby, and OTF will have its revenge.

Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    I turned on Moonlight on Vermont and the angular Old Time Religion Beefheart madness brought me back from the brink. Owen Smith is far more a Statesman and less a Cheeseman on silent.

Thanks to DM for making me dig out the old Trout Mask.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 08-12-2017 at 01:08.

If you turn the screen to face the wall, he's even better. Sealed in a many walled vacuum flask and thrown into a black hole, you'd mistake him for FDR.

Teams
    Raith Rovers/Liverpool
    Biscuit
    Abernethies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    If the DUP agree something, the position of the Tory "no dealers" is interesting. Are they going to fold, or have a Christmas fall in the pound on their heads?
    Fuck this all my Christmas shopping is gong to be bought once I get off the plane at this rate. Soon I’ll expect taxi drivers in Scotland to offer hard currency exchanges at competitive rates for the toilet paper pound. Pure Bulgaria ‘87 for the whole island if youse aren’t careful.

Teams
    Swansea, Gaziantepspor and the Zeugma Franchise
    Biscuit
    Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    This IEA Kate Andrews fuck is a fucking mook. A shill. A dangerous scumbag. An evil liar or a fool. So many people should take the Roman way out in a warm bath, not a shred of honour or decency left. Though I’d rather Jenkin was trampled by the mob than get the easy way out. What a shit right wing fuck bunch of fuckbags chaired by a Kipper Bastard 20 years overdue a defenestrating. Turn off Question Time now, dying of impotent rage would be a bit shit.
    She's awful isn't she. Offensive and nasty and one of the few people I see on political debates who I wish ill on. Something very swift that rids humanity of someone who has forgotten she's also part of it.
    Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 08-12-2017 at 07:21.

Teams
    Swansea, Gaziantepspor and the Zeugma Franchise
    Biscuit
    Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Dark
    May and Davis get on a plane in the middle of the night to flee the country, they seek sanctuary in Brussels and are due to make a statement in the next hour or so after having a hearty breakfast. It has the feeling of the condemneds' last meal.

So, no barriers either North-South, or West-East: can we take it the UK will remain in a bespoke customs union?

As now, NI residents remain entitled to Irish citizenship.

НА ФИНЛЯНД ВOKЗАЛ
    Teams
    С. Ирландия ИТД
    Biscuit
    пряники
    Actor
    Станисла́вский
    Quote Originally Posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Here: https://sluggerotoole.com/2017/12/07...dup-sinn-fein/

Meanwhile, the Dáil has signed up for PESCO - perhaps more a pooling of resources than anything else, but all rather rushed through
    Thanks for that link. I'll have to get that Southern Passport application in soon- the sauce choices here are limited to ketchup and brown gloop
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 08-12-2017 at 11:52.

НА ФИНЛЯНД ВOKЗАЛ
    Teams
    С. Ирландия ИТД
    Biscuit
    пряники
    Actor
    Станисла́вский
    Briefly in response to Berba's latest Irish Language rant at post 3521 above:

1 I'm a lifelong Atheist as pointed out regularly on here. Never supported ISIS btw. Even your drug-addled stupor must have noticed?

2 The AIL isn't just about a minority interest culture. Nobody closes down local government just so that tiny minority can carry on speaking it (and be supported to do so by public funding). It's naive or dishonest to think that SF's intent is to bind NI society or similar

3 What makes you an authority on wider culture beyond playing the banjo and posting gibberish about Jose Mourinho?

4 It's only up for discussion more than in passing because you choose to get hysterical about it. Did you miss or just not understand my stated support for an Act (which you requoted)?

5 SF have abandoned Stormont because they got bored with it. It would be more honest to admit that than persist with this near irrelevance about an AIL. When it happens all that will change is a few new Civil Service sinecures and street signs in Nat areas. Reinforcing the marking out of territory that's already there

6 Of course Brexit has changed much but if you think an AIL is the big issue you are as deluded as the worst Brexiteers