No announcement yet.

Dog on the pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fools that try to chase or shoo the dogs. Just get the Dentastix out and it'll follow you off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Ah when I saw this thread had been revived I came here to post precisely that (it happened just last weekend). Slightly better video here (the dog makes her appearance at 2:20), including post-match interviews with the players specifically about the dog (San Lorenzo playmaker Leandro Romagnoli says they should send her on in every game to distract the opposition; they won 1-0 with a goal scored shortly after the pitch invasion), and a post-match interview with the dog in which she talks at least as much sense as most players do in front of the cameras (at 4:20ish).
      Is that the same romagnoli that used to play with bernardo romeo?

Comment

They've actually played together at San Lorenzo in two separate spells on either side of their respective sojourns to Europe.

Comment

good god, I thought that argentinian football was like logan's run, and they killed everyone over 23 who wasn't playing overseas. I have faint memories of romeo being one of those argentinian strikers who rose to prominence because being 5'10" made you their version of Niall Quinn. Would these guys have been contemporaries with aimar, saviola ortega and er, JUAN PABLO ANGEL!!!

Comment

Romeo is four years older, and retired in 2012.

Romagnoli made his debut for San Lorenzo in 1998, which would mean that he would have been in the Primera at the same time as all of those guys (though Ortega was in Europe for his debut).

And believe it or not, Saviola is the youngest of all of them, having been born nine months later than Romagnoli.

Comment

There's what we call a doughnut effect in Argentine, Berba; lots of young guys who've not yet been to Europe/Mexico, lots of older guys who've been and come back (either because they couldn't cut it or because they had decent careers and returned), and not so many in the middle age group between about 24 and 30. It's certainly a sausage factory when it comes to churning out young talent, but by no means are there a lack of more experienced players here as well.

Comment

A photo I took of a dog at the match I went to on Saturday has been tweeted by @nonleaguedogs

Comment

Comment

A college game in San Juan County NM was stopped when they spotted two rattlesnakes under the bleachers.

Comment

From today's WSC Howl

https://twitter.com/AbranCancha8/status/1545873118643621889
                      Last edited by danielmak; 16-07-2022, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        Possibly the most famous dog-on-pitch photo.

In Germany, it's the one of Friedel Rausch being bitten on the arse by an alsation:

Comment

From today's Weekly Howl:

https://twitter.com/andrewmaclean_/status/1622336135241383938

Comment

"The subsitute for Tranmere Rovers is Jack Russell"

https://twitter.com/chris_eaton_/status/1613241902291206144

Comment

I can't stop watching that video.

Comment

Have you tried the pause button?

Comment

Oh god

Comment

The interesting thing about these dog on the pitch videos is that the dogs rarely seem scared. They almost always have a look like they are experiencing pure ecstasy.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                      In Germany, it's the one of Friedel Rausch being bitten on the arse by an alsation:
                                      That photo reminds me of the "bloke kissing a girls arse" thing in the Letterbox section of Viz.

Comment

Back when I played O35s, I took our (then) dog with me to watch one of our games when I was recovering from an injury. He was generally a very good dog and would come to me whenever I called, so I let him run around on the field adjoining the match. What I had forgotten was that if there were swallows flying low over the grass chasing flies, he would completely lose his shit, and chase them, barking wildly. He was a Belgian Shepherd, an incredibly fast runner and would almost catch the birds sometimes.

There were swallows. The swallows didn't stay on the adjoining field, and thus neither did Bob the dog. It took about five minutes for me to wrangle him back onto his lead, and suffice it to say I was not flavour of the month with my team or the opposition. Bob didn't attend another game.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                          It's the " I couldn't give a shit " look on the face of the handler that gets me. " He's a police dog , what do you expect, keep your arse away from him in future "

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
                                            More movement than our front two, lacking in bite, Rovers stumped etc etc

Comment

From the last Howler:

https://streamin.me/v/15d535d8

And then there's the Brazilian police dog that wants in on the action:

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                                From the last Howler:

https://streamin.me/v/15d535d8

And then there's the Brazilian police dog that wants in on the action:

Watch the ref desperate to regain some element of control come over in the last two seconds and tell the cops to get the dog off the pitch. I think that was their plan already.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post

https://twitter.com/chris_eaton_/status/1613241902291206144
                                                  How did the jack Russell one end? Theres no one, professional athlete or not, catching a jack Russell if it doesn't want to be caught. Too fast, not enough to grab hold of and can turn on a sixpence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

Watch the ref desperate to regain some element of control come over in the last two seconds and tell the cops to get the dog off the pitch. I think that was their plan already.
                                                    You can also see a point at about 27 seconds where a player covers his balls. If the dog was going to bite, his balls were not going to be the body part to get chomped on.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X