Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Music For 2017

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Johnny Velvet; 08-11-2021, 15:05.

New Music For 2017

Top notch start to the 2017 thread. Thanks.

I don't know if we have a Mark Eitzel thread. Seems the sort of artist that would have been discussed here.

Anyway, heard a track from his brand new album today. An Answer is very pleasant indeed.

Comment

New Music For 2017

The new Wiley album is a lot of fun.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Not sure if this counts for 2016 or 2017...

The Minneapolis Uranium Club

Sounds like a mix of Dead Kennedys and The Fall with Fred Schneider on vocals.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Listening to the new xx album, it is interesting how they are carving themselves a new direction having come to terms with the shock of such success on their debut.

Comment

New Music For 2017

This thread was about to fall off the music front page. That cannot happen. I don't have anything obscure to share, so here are the new Depeche Mode single, Where's The Revolution and the one week old Jamiroquai single, Automaton.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Really enjoyed Priests debut album 'Nothing Feels Natural'.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Actually from 2016, but the kind of song which picks up any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIEStj-VSw

Comment

New Music For 2017

This thread has reminded me to follow up on a new album by Ty Segal, which Mark Riley played a track from the other day.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Something light and jazzy for the Sunday evening:

Bruut! - Superjazz

Comment

New Music For 2017

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: Top notch start to the 2017 thread. Thanks.

I don't know if we have a Mark Eitzel thread. Seems the sort of artist that would have been discussed here.

Anyway, heard a track from his brand new album today. An Answer is very pleasant indeed.
                      Thank you so much for that KGR. I'm a huge Eitzel fan, but missed this. Off to buy it now.

I've just bought the Hamilton Mixtape and David Holmes' Late Night Tales - both are excellent, though no links I'm afraid - but as they were late 2016, they don't count.

As you were.

Comment

New Music For 2017

None of this is new, but it's fairly new to me and I don't know where else to mention it.

(We are) Performance

From Manchester, I believe. 80's retro, but futuristic.

Also, another plug for Laura Stevenson. I used to work with her sister and her brother-in-law, btw.

Jellyfish

Comment

New Music For 2017

There's the new Blue Aeroplanes album, and as Lee says, Dead Tree! Dead Tree! is right up there with their best. (Sorry, no link again, can't find it online.)

Eitzel and the Aeroplanes, I'm back to 1990...

Comment

New Music For 2017

If minimal techno with scarily whispered vocals/shrieking. made by a freelance music producer from Cornwall is your thing, Acid Slag have previewed their new album with The Stalk, buy via bandcamp or watch Mr Slag himself perform it in a video promotion at Youtube.

I suspect evilC and furtho may enjoy it.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Childish Gambino - Redbone

Loyle Carner - The Isle of Arran

Comment

New Music For 2017

Redbone are still together and performing? Amazing.

Comment

New Music For 2017

This is rather nice, if you like your Electronica a little Aphex / Cylob / Microlith flavoured (although the album goes off the boil towards the end a little, I feel) :

Trypheme - 'Online Dating'

Comment

New Music For 2017

Hot Pepsi wrote: None of this is new, but it's fairly new to me and I don't know where else to mention it.

(We are) Performance

From Manchester, I believe. 80's retro, but futuristic...
                                    Bloody hell - well how about that?!

I wouldn't expect you to have remembered this, Hot Pepsi, but... from long enough ago for me to have linked to their Myspace page (and even then I described them as being "on a comeback trail". 'Short Sharp Shock' was an amazing track, which deserved to be huge (and have a better video) but after that they turned into a little bit of a one-trick pony. Quite some trick, though.

(edit: I keep on forgetting who you are (and who anyone is!) Hot Pepsi. (Stop moving around, everyone!) So maybe you *do* remember that? Who knows?)

Comment

New Music For 2017

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: If minimal techno with scarily whispered vocals/shrieking. made by a freelance music producer from Cornwall is your thing, Acid Slag have previewed their new album with The Stalk, buy via bandcamp or watch Mr Slag himself perform it in a video promotion at Youtube.

I suspect evilC and furtho may enjoy it.
                                      Nice one! Thank you for thinking of me, Kryvbas. :-)

Comment

New Music For 2017

Maybe an acquired taste here but Johnnyswim's Georgica Pond makes my toes curl. A couple on stage, a couple in life, every track on this album sounds as if Amanda Sudano and Abner Ramirez have just emerged from between the sheets and can barely wait to finish the song before they dive beneath them again. Some serious make out music this.

Touching Heaven

Comment

New Music For 2017

Amor de Cosmos wrote: Redbone are still together and performing? Amazing.
                                          They may well be but the song Redbone is performed by Childish Gambino.

Witch Queen Of New Orleans is one of my favourite singles from the very early 70's.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Duh! I see.

Maggie was my personal Redbone fix.

Comment

New Music For 2017

This will sound odd/stupid, but I came to Donald Glover as a comedian in Atlanta. So, I can't warm to the idea of him as a serious musician, especially one calling himself Childish Gambino. Probably wildly unfair to the man, tbh.

Comment

New Music For 2017

evilC wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Hot Pepsi
                                                None of this is new, but it's fairly new to me and I don't know where else to mention it.

(We are) Performance

From Manchester, I believe. 80's retro, but futuristic...
                                                Bloody hell - well how about that?!

I wouldn't expect you to have remembered this, Hot Pepsi, but... from long enough ago for me to have linked to their Myspace page (and even then I described them as being "on a comeback trail". 'Short Sharp Shock' was an amazing track, which deserved to be huge (and have a better video) but after that they turned into a little bit of a one-trick pony. Quite some trick, though.

(edit: I keep on forgetting who you are (and who anyone is!) Hot Pepsi. (Stop moving around, everyone!) So maybe you *do* remember that? Who knows?)
                                                Sorry, I don't recall that thread. I don't recall very much from 2008.

Comment

New Music For 2017

Me neither, I suppose.

Moving on...

The rather excellent Plant43 return, with the 'Grid Connection' EP

Comment

Working...
                                                  X