Coffee.

Miaow.

Comment

Coffee.

Nobody in Sweden talks to anybody
        Sounds wonderful.

Comment

Coffee.

I don't trust an oik who doesn't like coffee.

Comment

Coffee.

I found a (cheap) brand which I quite like.

Albertson's own brand. "Signature Kitchen" French Roast. Half-decent. I am sure I will find better when I start paying a little more. A couple of the brands mentioned earlier are available here, so will keep them in mind.

Comment

Coffee.

Watch out Britain. Tim's comin' to getcha!

Comment

Coffee.

I hope to God that this coffee chain never reaches Cheltenham, the poor folks there sound like they're about to have a nervous breakdown about the whole coffee chain invasion.

Comment

Coffee.

They generally have queues round the utilitarian retail park block whenever they open a Krispy Kreme in some god forsaken suburban commuter zone around Glasgow or Edinburgh. If this Tim Horton's is a proper store in the centre of Glasgow and they push the mini donuts angle properly, fuck. There'll be riots and crushes.

I think they're in Ireland, but as a concession in Spar type convenience stores. And come to think of it, it's only the gritty bitter cup of pish home grown slop firm of Insomnia I've seen in those places lately.

Comment

Coffee.

I had some* of those doughnut "holes" the other week, and they are lethal.

*Some in this case meant the whole punnet.

Comment

Coffee.

I should hope you still possess your Tim Hortons christmas mug.

Comment

Coffee.

My tiny experience of Tim Horton suggests that their donuts are decent quality, which makes them better than almost all donuts in Britain. But their coffee is utter, utter swill. I mean, so bad it makes you almost want Dunkin's hideous stuff.

Comment

Coffee.

WOM wrote: I should hope you still possess your Tim Hortons christmas mug.
                          If you mean me, then yes, it is still one of my possessions.

Comment

Coffee.

San Bernardhinault wrote: My tiny experience of Tim Horton suggests that their donuts are decent quality, which makes them better than almost all donuts in Britain. But their coffee is utter, utter swill. I mean, so bad it makes you almost want Dunkin's hideous stuff.
                            My recollection is that it's a lot like DD or McDonalds or Sheetz or Wawa. It tastes almost identical to plain hot water.

Comment

Coffee.

It's very much a 'mass appeal' coffee. They've recently introduced a dark roast which is noticeably superior.

Sheetz is an joy to stop at when we travel. I wish we had them here.
                              Wawa, as you all know, is the Ojibwe word for 'Canada goose'.

Comment

Coffee.

To get back to coffee, Gero: if you find yourself starting to really like coffee, might I suggest buying a cheap grinder if you haven't already. Something like $20 and it will do the job just as well as a more expensive grinder, and the coffee from freshly ground beans tastes a lot better than packaged ground coffee, to me at least.

Since I didn't see this thread at the time, I'd like to lend another recommendation to Chock Full O'Nuts. It's the best option from mass-market canned coffee.

Comment

Coffee.

Incandenza wrote: a cheap grinder
                                  hurr

Comment

Coffee.

Actually I have a fairly cheap grinder (James Martin, I think) and am waiting for the cat to vacate my lap so I can use it.

Comment

Coffee.

Ah, so that's what he's doing now he's left Saturday Kitchen...

Comment

Coffee.

I have one of these arriving once production completes. I got sick of the cold brew french press we had (plus it broke). I must say I like cold brew a lot more. It definitely seems more forgiving on the coffee selected.

I typically buy Trader Joe's beans.

Comment

Coffee.

That looks nice. I've gotten good coffee from just doing water over grounds in a pitcher overnight and straining it into a different container in the morning. Now that it's getting hotter, cold brew does sound good. A lot cheaper than the cold brew that gets sold in stores.

Comment

Coffee.

If I buy a grinder, it will need to be a) dual-purpose, b) easily cleanable, and c) not Cliff Thorburn, as even though he is cute, I never liked him.

*oh, and I am definitely getting the taste for 'Chock Full O'Nuts'. Tastes quite 'strong' without having to use a ton of it, and best of all, I bought a 30oz tin for $5.99.

Comment

Coffee.

As my "20 Years Service Gift," I chose a Le Creuset french press. It's been decorating our kitchen counter for the last two months, still a virgin. I never drink coffee at home, and La Signora — for whom I chose it — says that, for one person, it would waste too much coffee. C'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
                                              X