No announcement yet.

Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red for Dirksen for a high tackle now, should have been a yellow to a Northampton player for the neck roll Dirksen received in the follow up though.

Comment

Dirksen sent off for a high tackle.

Comment

Finished 32-43, that last twenty minutes was the Osprey’s season in microcosm, lucky they were so good for the first hour.

Comment

Game over - 32-43

Comment

I've not watched any of the rugby today, although I plan to do back to back games tomorrow. Dan Evans has always looked good for the Ospreys but him and James Davies must have done something terrible to Gatland as they've never had a chance. I think Evans got his two caps during a Lions season.

Comment

Chris Ashton’s assist for Jonathan Joseph’s try in Toulon v Bath is really something to behold, seek it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Chris Ashton’s assist for Jonathan Joseph’s try in Toulon v Bath is really something to behold, seek it out.
                Just seen it on the BBC, it's something else.

Comment

Funniest thing I've seen for a while.

http://www.the42.ie/chris-ashton-cle...41763-Dec2017/

Comment

Saracens versus Clermont is off due to the weather. It's an artificial pitch so it must be pretty grim up north (London).

Comment

More likely be the stands and areas around the ground deemed unsafe than problems with the pitch, I’d think. Their stadium is a pretty rudimentary place.

Comment

Harlequins v Ulster is being played in proper snowfall, wish I had gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Harlequins v Ulster is being played in proper snowfall, wish I had gone now.
                          If you're watching La Rochelle then I'm guessing you're not regretting going. All of the hype about them has been more than justified, they are a joy to watch and despite the conditions they continue to play an off loading game with width. If French teams aren't fit then this wouldn't be possible.

30-12 at half time. La Rochelle average 39 points at home and give up nearly 20 turnovers a game.

Is their hooker really playing his first ever professional match? He's looked like a seasoned international.

Comment

That was a rather typical Stade Rochelais performance.

They can score for fun and are a joy to watch going forward, but their swashbuckling style of play also makes mistakes inevitable.

I expect them to maintain their leadership of the Top 14, but would not be surprised if they are tripped up in the later stages of that competition or the Champions Cup.

Comment

Fascinating match at Sandy Park, Exeter 8 Leinster 8 with just under an hour played.

Comment

Saracens to face Clermont Auvergne behind closed doors on Monday, a 5.30 kick off, being shown on BT Sport.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard
                                Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 11-12-2017, 08:44.

Comment

I love these European games.

Comment

Saracens now letting fans in for the rescheduled game this evening. Might have been sensible to make it free but of course they're not going to.

Comment

Might have been more sensible just to replay it at a later date with better organisation.

Comment

This is a farce. Kick off scheduled for 2pm then changed to 5.30. No fans then fans allowed.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

Comment

Aside from the problems it causes opponents and fans this is quite good. It shows up what a shoddy, second rate organisation Saracens really are behind their shiny emperor's new clothes facade. All that money sloshing around and players piled up and they can't build or operate a proper stadium. Can you imagine a real rugby club like Quins, Bath or Leicester operating like this?

Comment

Clermont have started well and get the first try. This looks like it'll be a good match.

Comment

Saracens look as if they weren't expecting to play

14-0

Comment

Clermont have had to make two changes in the pack already.
                                                It makes no difference. Raka gets a hattrick and it should be 21.

Comment

Raka gets his hat trick just short of the 25 minute mark

Comment

Penalty try for Saracens and Lee goes to the bin. This is going to be a huge ten minutes until half time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X