No announcement yet.

Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moriarty is apparently heading to the Dragons on an NDC. The club pay 40% and the WRU 60% but as the Dragons are WRU owned they'll pay the lot. North to the Dragons is a strong rumour especially as Wayne Pivac commented that he is looking at non Wales qualified players as they've lost 17 players plus John Barclay to the autumn internationals.

Roberts will be on the bench I'm sure as Wales are getting close to having no fit backs left outside of the squad. Phil Dolman might get his cap yet.

Comment

It may only be me, but I think North is a serious risk for any future employer. He's 25 and has a long history of concussion. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires in the next 12 months.

Comment

I think the move back to Wales is certainly at least partly about having the most sympathetic treatment from his employer regarding his injury and concussion issues.

Tipuric back for Saturday but only on the bench so Navidi and Shingler are the flankers. Owen Williams stays at 12 with Scott at 13. Webb starts in what is ostensibly his last Welsh game for a few years, what is going on with that situation?

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (72 Caps)
        14. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (13 Caps)
        13. Scott Williams (Scarlets) (49 Caps)
        12. Owen Williams (Gloucester) (2 Caps)
        11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
        10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (58 Caps)
        9. Rhys Webb (Ospreys) (29 Caps);
        1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (18 Caps)
        2. Ken Owens (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
        3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (25 Caps)
        4. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (27 Caps)
        5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (111 Caps)
        6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (11 Caps)
        7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (5 Caps)
        8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (68 Caps)

16. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (6 Caps)
        17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
        18. Leon Brown (Dragons) (2 Caps)
        19. Cory Hill (Dragons) (8 Caps)
        20. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (51 Caps)
        21. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
        22. Rhys Priestland (Bath) (49 Caps)
        23. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins) (93 Caps)

Comment

Ross Moriarty: Wales coach Warren Gatland says back-rower turned down contract offer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42084053

I can't really work this out especially if he's heading to the Dragons. Who's funding this?

Comment

New Zealand: McKenzie; Naholo, Crotty, Williams, Ioane; B Barrett, Smith; Hames, Taylor, Laulala, Tuipulotu, S Whitelock, Squire, Cane, L Whitelock.

Replacements: Harris, Crockett, Tu'ungafasi, S Barrett, Todd, Perenara, Sopoaga, Lienert-Brown.

No Kieran Read, it's still strong but not formidable.

Comment

Just got home and turned on Scotland Australia, it's well worth watching with about 30 minutes left.

Comment

Scotland 34 Australia

Australia are a man down and looking likely to be on the end of a hammering. Scotland are playing the quick and expansive game of last week which I hope they'll be able to do in the 6 Nations.

Comment

Big win for Scotland today. England also won as did South Africa over Samoa and Italy respectively.

Wales start brightly over NZ but when the All Blacks get a chance they score.

Comment

Finally. That try spells the end of Warrenball.

Wales 11 New Zealand 12 at half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      Scotland 34 Australia

Australia are a man down and looking likely to be on the end of a hammering. Scotland are playing the quick and expansive game of last week which I hope they'll be able to do in the 6 Nations.
                      Whisper it quietly, but are they title contenders?

Comment

Finally. That try spells the end of Warrenball.

Wales 11 New Zealand 12 at half time.
                        And then one against that revives it...

Comment

France 23 Japan 23 in a match where Japan were much the more attractive side.

Although the concerns before the match were about the synthetic pitch, the U Arena has a more obvious structural issue with the massive video board that occupies the entire fourth side of the ground. The fact that Japan missed what would have been the winning conversion with a far from impossible kick into that board was not a coincidence.

France have a massive amount of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                            Whisper it quietly, but are they title contenders?
                            Depends on their away form really, I’m not sure it comes close to how they are at Murrayfield. That said, they have us, Ireland and Italy away so only the middle one is a real test.

No need to comment on our match today, we all knew how it would go in advance - enjoyable game of rugby though.

Comment

Georgia 21-20 USA, after we conceded 2 tries up a man and missed a conversion with 3 minutes to go.

Comment

Moriarty is apparently heading to the Dragons on an NDC. The club pay 40% and the WRU 60% but as the Dragons are WRU owned they'll pay the lot.
                                And it's confirmed. Just a two year deal, Jackman and the money must be very convincing.

Mike Phillips played all of the second half yesterday for the Scarlets and is likely to get more game time next weekend against the Cheetahs as Jonathan Evans took a heavy knock. Cubby Boi is expected to be back in time to push for a six nations place as rumour has it that Gatland is now in favour.

Btw are there any Wales qualified tight heads on here, we're struggling for Saturday.

Comment

Didn’t Moriarty turn down a WRU central contract to sign one direct with the Dragons?

Comment

He did Ray, but as the Dragons are owned by the WRU they must by default be paying some of his salary. Apparently a rich benefactor is paying most of it.

Comment

Yeah, so my point is that the WRU (who looked likely to place him with the Dragons anyway) have been outbid by a club they own?

Comment

Only in Wales mate, only in Wales.

Comment

Scott Williams announces he's leaving the Scarlets at the end of the season to move to the Ospreys, Kieron Fonotia will move in the opposite direction. He nearly made the move two years ago and I'm guessing with the emergence of Hadleigh Parkes that he's going for guaranteed rugby at 12 and a new challenge. Fonotia hasn't convinced me when I've seen him play but Pivac and the Scarlets recruitment has so far been good.

Comment

Saturday is the fourth and last Wales match and the tight head crisis has worsened. Scott Andrews to start and Rhodri Jones on the bench. Neither can scrummage. I'm serious, both are appalling in the scrum and we'll be giving away penalty after penalty.

Samson Lee is still injured, his Achilles again, Brown is concussed and Francis has gone back to Exeter.

Comment

The side announced for our extra bonus game against SA. Thirty year old Kiwi Hadleigh Parkes makes his debut on the very day he qualifies through residency, Aled Davies gets the scrum half spot with Rhys Webb on the bench after being passed fit after concussion fears, Dacey in at hooker after the tragic line outs last week. Patchell makes the bench when he should be getting a start :

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (73 Caps)
                                              14. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (14 Caps)
                                              13. Scott Williams (Scarlets) (50 Caps)
                                              12. Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (*UNCAPPED)
                                              11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (4 Caps)
                                              10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (59 Caps)
                                              9. Aled Davies (Scarlets) (4 Caps)
                                              1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (19 Caps)
                                              2. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (7 Caps)
                                              3. Scott Andrews (Cardiff Blues) (13 Caps)
                                              4. Cory Hill (Dragons) (9 Caps)
                                              5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (112 Caps)
                                              6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (12 Caps)
                                              7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (6 Caps)
                                              8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (69 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:
                                              16. Elliot Dee (Dragons) (1 Cap)
                                              17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (4 Caps)
                                              18. Rhodri Jones (Ospreys) (15 Caps)
                                              19. Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues) (3 Caps)
                                              20. Dan Lydiate (Ospreys) (61 Caps)
                                              21. Rhys Webb (Ospreys) (30 Caps)
                                              22. Rhys Patchell (Scarlets) (4 Caps)
                                              23. Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (2 Caps)

Comment

A decent game at Rodney Parade, Dragons 15 Ulster 15 at half time. Two tries for both sides however I'm worried that the Dragons again have nothing on the bench and will probably blow up around the hour.

I'm also going to be boring and repeat myself but it's clear what Jackman is doing in training and his vision for how the team is going to play. At times they are really nice to watch.

Comment

32 each, a great game and a good advert for the PRO 14.

The Dragons only made one non injury change.

Comment

Not really sure what to make of Wales’ performance today. Fantastic play early on especially from Biggar, Williams, Parkes and Amos and then a near complete collapse before nicking the win late on. If SA has switched on for the stat you have to imagine they’d have beaten us.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X