No announcement yet.

Rockinnreelininaucklandnewzealand - Rugby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks suspiciously like FieldTurf to me. It's possible they used some extra tyre pellets or made the grass a bit longer to better simulate a natural grass field.

No way it's better though. More and more NFL teams seem to be going to FieldTurf but the players almost to a man prefer the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      It seems pretty clear that Gatland/the WRU are playing a game of chicken with Webb, hoping he’ll cancel his pre-contract agreement with Toulon.
      Derwyn Jones, the agent, Webb and the owner of Toulon all say it's a contract. What a fuck up by the WRU.

Comment

I’m not sure how binding a contract can be when you are still under contract to another club. Even if it is, Toulon’s owner has already invited a buy out by the WRU apparently.

Let’s see where he starts next season before we assess the effectiveness of the WRU’s policy, though I agree it is incredibly risky at best.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-10-2017, 06:48.

Comment

It's also been confirmed that George North will miss all of the autumn internationals. That's good news for Steff Evans who must be getting close to a place oin the bench now as a minimum.

Comment

Well, if it was a bluff by the WRU, Webb has called it.

Comment

Scarlets versus Bath on BT Sport is about to start, I'm hopeful that it's going to be a decent match and that the Scarlets will get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                Scarlets versus Bath on BT Sport is about to start, I'm hopeful that it's going to be a decent match and that the Scarlets will get the win.
                Really looking forward to this, but the weather looks a bit miserable

Comment

What a try, then factor in the weather. How good was that?

Comment

Bath are doing a number on Scarlets here, who are going to be finished in this group unless they turn it around.

Comment

It was a night for stick it up your jumper rugby.

Comment

Suddenly Cardiff can get results in Europe, even if it is in the secondary tournament - a great 15-17 win in Toulouse tonight though frustratingly like last week it wasn’t on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                          It was a night for stick it up your jumper rugby.
                          It was more than that though, Bath played an intelligent defensive game and made Llanelli suddenly look one-dimensional. Obviously the conditions played a part but it wasn’t just that.

Comment

New Welsh kit :

“These rings are actually a topographical map of various parts of Wales – including Neath, Cardiff, Bangor and Lampeter. Hills and mountains are the most intrinsic part of the Welsh landscape, and so the idea is that Wales is quite literally woven into the fabric of this jersey.

Comment

Wallabies-All Blacks in less than two hours.

Comment

Ooooh, I like the Wallabies’ indigenous jersey.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-10-2017, 09:07.

Comment

I don't. Overly cluttered.

Comment

I know what you mean, it could do without the sponsor’s logo on the sleeve for sure. On the other sleeve, even if the Aboriginal flag didn’t work aesthetically the symbolism would outweigh that for me.

Are you watching the game? It works better on them.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-10-2017, 09:54.

Comment

Perhaps they will now be considered lucky

Comment

Camille Lopez has broken his leg against Northampton

Comment

Blimey. 25 minutes gone and Ospreys beating Saracens 17-7 away.

Comment

Blimey. 25 minutes gone and Ospreys beating Saracens 17-7 away.
                                            I've just got back home and turned on to find it's 17-17.

Have the Ospreys found something or have Saracens been poor?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                              I've just got back home and turned on to find it's 17-17.

Have the Ospreys found something or have Saracens been poor?
                                              Ospreys are playing really well, and Saracens have made a few handling errors.

Comment

Are you staying to watch it?

Comment

DAN!

Comment

Are you staying to watch it?
                                                    Yep. Harsh call on the penalty try but not the

Ospreys are showing a lot of character tonight especially with Tipuric and Lydiate pulling out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X