Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. (Carrie Fisher)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah for the Daily Mail.

https://twitter.com/DMReporter/statu...51133298765824

Has died at the age of 60 following a heart attack.

Comment

There's still 3 1/2 days of this bastard year left. We'll be lucky if there's anyone left at this rate.

Comment

Fuck this. Everyone from my childhood seems to be either dead or in jail for dodginess.

Worst Year Ever.

Comment

Since everyone is focusing on her as Princess Leia, I'd like to remind everyone that she's the funniest part of When Harry Met Sally.

Comment

Hot Pepsi wrote: Since everyone is focusing on her as Princess Leia, I'd like to remind everyone that she's the funniest part of When Harry Met Sally.
            Not to mention her bravura performance in The Blues Brothers

Comment

She was also a fantastic interviewee, witty, intelligent and, it has to be said, still gorgeous as she got older.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote: Fuck this. Everyone from my childhood seems to be either dead or in jail for dodginess.

Worst Year Ever.
                I think 1916 might beg to differ.

Comment

Well aye. 1973, 1941, 1979, 1929, 1933, there's been a lot of heavy pish this past hundred years. This is the worst I can remember but. Let me hyperbole in peace man.

Comment

Sad news, but she wasn't looking herself in Rogue One.

Comment

Worst year I can recall where the shitness was caused by lots of shitty unrelated things rather than just one or two big things.

Comment

Oh, there have been a couple of big, shitty things happening.

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

She was very good in Catastrophe, one of her most recent performances.

Comment

She's in Star Wars VIII, apparently. That will be her last film, I guess.

Comment

And now her Mum, Debbie Reynolds, just a couple of days later...

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/debbie-reynolds-dead-dies-carrie-fisher-mother-1201949432/

Comment

Her death has given me a "Carrie doesn't live here anymore" Cliff Richard earworm.

Comment

I am surprised how upset I am about Carrie Fisher's death. Photos have been posted (not least by me) that show how effervescently alive she was and they make me sad. There is one photo that I posted on Facebook, which you may have seen, of her in the surf in her gold bikini where she not only looks sexy and gorgeous as anything, of course, but the epitome of vivaciousness and that makes it all the more affecting.

Like I say, I can't look at these photos of her throughout her life without feeling very sad. I love the obituary show on Radio 4 "Last Word". Most weeks it is mainly about a collection of some ancient generals, politicians or something. I often know nothing about them but they have fascinating life stories and it is a very life-affirming and celebratory programme which I enjoy greatly. Obviously, there is a life cut tragically short as well - Jo Cox springs to mind - but it usually people who have had good long innings. However, I couldn't listen to this week's as I knew it would be about Rick Parfitt, George Michael and Carrie Fisher. The latter especially would have upset me again and the whole programme would have seemed to, well, near, I suppose unlike normal.

Comment

I'm listening to clips of three interviews of her by Terry Gross. 1990, 2004, and 2016. Her voice changed a lot over life. Not sure why. Smoking? And maybe "she had work done." Not saying that's bad. Just a curious observation. Now I really want to read her books.

As sad as it is, if you told me I could live such an interesting life but only make it 16 more years, I'd take that in a second.

Despite being a pretty big Star Wars fan, this bit from When Harry Met Sally is my favorite scene with her. The way she just folds down he corner of the index card when she finds out that guy is married always struck me as brilliant. I always felt that Bruno Kirby's and her performances are really what make that film great.

https://youtu.be/5Ww5v_CYXBw

Comment

Working...
                                      X