Poor replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor replacements

Jon Jon for Jimmy Somerville. Who should we get to replace one of the most distinctive pop voices the UK has ever produced? I know, just another pretty boy who can just about hold a note.

Gary Cherone for Sammy Hagar (of course, some would argue that Sammy was himself a poor replacement but that's a real can of worms, that one and I ain't fucking opening it).

Poor replacements

Hagar was a good and interesting replacement, of course. And Brian Johnson in AC/DC as well, which will make the old geezers wail.

I didn't much rate TTD or that American Idol kid as replacements in INXS, but Hutchence is dead, so what can you do? And none of those Yes singers holds a candle to Jon Anderson.

Comment

Poor replacements

I saw Kraftwerk in 1991 and the two hired hands that were standing in for Karl and Wolfgang were fired at the end of the tour for being too animated. I'd swear that at the Brixton show one of them threw his drumsticks up in the air and span round 360° before catching them, to icy glances from the senior partners.

Comment

Working...
      X