Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denishurley View Post
    Excuse me, I may be gone for some time.

Not sure what inspired such a mare from me there, apologies. I did at least chart Paul Cooper's kit (with the correct opposition named) here.
    To add to this, something I forgot to include, Alex Stepney wore all-green at Wembley in the 1968 final.

Comment

Just the 7 different shirts for FC Koln so far this season

Comment

Bizarre. The grey/dayglo yellow is one of the worst combos seen for some time.

Comment

This is a thing of absolute beauty, joy and wonder, all clubs and countries should be compelled by law to produce one :

https://twitter.com/footballiceland/status/973857756213071872?s=21
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-03-2018, 09:49.

Comment

Is there anything bad about the Iceland football team?

Comment

Those Iceland kits are lush until you get to 1997 (and then the 2016 one is great too).

Comment

I've looked at it over and over again and the kits for the entire nineties are just wonderfully gonzoid. Happy times.

Comment

They need to go back to the 70s crest. And I loke the late 00s socks.

Comment

Not too sure about the new Iceland shirts, they're nowhere near as iconic or nice as the Euro 2016 ones.

Comment

Yeah, the new ones completely fail to live up to the build up in the video.

https://twitter.com/footballiceland/status/974306228800278531

Comment

Gondor calling for aid, there. And indeed, a teensy bit of a let-down after all that buildup. But that first video is absolutely a thing of wonder, quite brilliant.

Comment

The first video suggests they kept the same socks through three different iterations of shirt and shorts (from 2008). That makes me a bit sceptical about the accuracy of the video but, on the other hand, the socks are so fantastic you can understand why they'd want to hang on to them, even if they really didn't match the rest of the kit by 2012.

Edit: And in fact, they do the same with the three kits from 2014, so perhaps they're just big on sock reuse in Iceland.

Comment

The first video is indeed superb. The new kit is an odd one: in a way, after all the buildup, if the kit couldn't be amazing then having it be absolutely awful would have been almost as good. But the one they've actually put out is just ... okay. Not dreadful, but not that good either. Pity.

Comment

Nice, simple, unspectacular new Wales change kit.

I’m sure it would seem boring if it wasn’t following the cursed black, grey and neon green affair (which I now have the shirt of framed on my wall, ironically) :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-03-2018, 10:21.

Comment

The new Scotland change kit uses the same template as Wales.
                                Given our recent track record for complete abominations - nice, simple and unspectacular makes a pleasant change.

The shorts and socks (also blue) are clearly intended to be used with the "Home" shirt, so I'll forgive the white stripes.

Comment

Change shirts being off the same template appear to be a thing this year.
                                  adidas:

Puma:

Comment

"And for those of you watching in black and white, Italy are the team with the slightly darker manufacturer's logo..."

Comment

That's a proper Scotland away top, that. None of your candy stripes, highlighter-pen-pink or looking-like-England's-home-shirt nonsense this time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

The shorts and socks (also blue) are clearly intended to be used with the "Home" shirt, so I'll forgive the white stripes.
                                        The clashing trims do look absolutely crap though. Are they definitely the first choice change shorts?

I'm presuming that's not actually brown trim on the shirt, just the contrast on the photo?
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-03-2018, 12:38.

Comment

Nah, it's navy. We've made some odd choices on our shirts over the years, but brown would be a new one even for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            I’m sure it would seem boring if it wasn’t following the cursed black, grey and neon green affair (which I now have the shirt of framed on my wall, ironically) :
                                            When even the player modelling it looks bored out of his tiny mind just wearing the thing, the word "seem" is probably redundant in that description Ray. But yes, it's a lot... calmer than the last one, at any rate.

Comment

I love the tricolour trim on the African puma shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I prefer it to the first - that may be biased due to my aversion to buttons on football shirts though.

Comment

Yes, I was going to say I prefer that collar to the grandad one of the first kit.

Comment

Are those Wales shorts and socks different shades of green?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X