• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Design For Strife - Kit Gallery 2017/18

Thanks, bad transposition there.

Comment

Following on from last year where I posted pics of bad colour-clashes, here is a poll on my blog, asking readers to evaluate if certain match-ups are clashes or not

Comment

Dryworld sounds like a brand of nappies (some say diapers)

Comment

Umbro using South America as the testing ground for some new late 70s early 80s templates

Deportivo Cali

(makes more sense in these colours than the http://www.umbro.com/en-gb/shop/derby-county-201617-away-shirt/#/563000/Derby away)

Avaí FC

Universitario de Deportes get their usual clean design, now with a touch of coral which just about works.

Comment

The Avai kit reminds of an umbro goalkeeper top that I had in the late 90s, except in purple and yellow. The barcode-style design formed the company's name if you looked closely enough.

I think Tottenham had a similarly styled light blue/navy third choice shirt, except the wording was SPURS instead of UMBRO.

Comment

Vancouver Whitecaps "Rain" Jersey

Slightly ironic, as they play indoors.

Comment

New Velez Sarsfield shirts from Umbro:

Comment

Not about new kits but this article on celebs wearing shirts is pretty funny. I can sort of see why Snoop is wearing all those shirts, except the Norwich one.

Comment

Drake is a notorious bandwagon fan, always liking the team that is winning at the time.

That Katy Perry picture is from when she was dating Russell Brand, right? I don't think she'd be wearing that otherwise.

Comment

Can we just remember that they were actually married?

Comment

longeared wrote: Influence stopped supplying Portsmouth, Cambridge and Birmingham in 1993. There's no evidence online of them doing any kit after that. It's a search-unfriendly name but there's no trace of them now, the closest I can find is "Influence Sports" - a communications and marketing agency who appear to deal in motor racing and sailing.
                        Influence provided kits for Birmingham City, Cambridge United, Cardiff City, Portsmouth, Queens Park Rangers, Shrewsbury Town and West Bromwich Albion. Earliest: QPR 89/90 and latest Cardiff City 95/96.

All the details from this quite magnificent piece of work:
                        http://kitbliss.co.nz/pdf/football-kit-manuf-survey-2017.pdf

Comment

Influence and Lonsdale lingerie anyone?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/02/agentprovocateur-set-fall-administration-sports-direct-poised/

Comment

Levin wrote: Not about new kits but this article on celebs wearing shirts is pretty funny. I can sort of see why Snoop is wearing all those shirts, except the Norwich one.
                            Snoop also wore a pre-rebrand Cardiff shirt as well. I think he had a load of gigs in the UK and decided to wear the shirts of the local team.

I love this quote about Drake:

If you had a friend who did this, you'd probably never speak to them again.
                            I quite like how that Katy Perry...erm...bodice has old-style collar details at the top.

Comment

Yes, it' rugby.
                              Yes, it's merely schools rugby too.
                              However, I wasn't sure where else to share it.

Wellington, 1945.
                              The symbols on the shirts are almost Quidditchian. I imagine they relate to school houses?

Comment

The one at the back reminds me of the first Barbarians' shirt.

Comment

House badges seems to be right. Here's a more recent shot:

Comment

This has given me an Eton Rifles earworm, by the way.

Comment

Benjm wrote: House badges seems to be right. Here's a more recent shot:

If we could round them up we would save ourselves a lot of grief in the future.

Comment

Don't know if should go in here, but the Premier League this week announced that clubs call sell advertising patches on the left arm of shirts.

"Could be up to worth £10m" to each club. Which is pretty impressive, because you can get on the front of most non-BRC clubs for £2m.

Comment

Barcelona have been doing that for several years and currently get 10 million euro a year from Turkish appliance maker Beko for the privilege

Comment

I had no idea of the Beko sponsorship. Now you've mentioned it on here, I do. Beko clearly spending their 10m Euro wisely.

On the Eton subject above, a couple of friends of mine plays for a Sunday League side in the village, they are unsurprisingly named: Eton Rifles.

Comment

My daughters regularly compete in regattas on Eton Dorney Lake, it's always exciting when there's a row going on down near Slough.

Comment

*ding!*

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday's third kit for next season is going to look something like this.

This isn't the precise kit, but the club have announced that it will "form the working foundation of the finished article". Not known yet who the manufacturer will be, almost certainly not Sondico, word is it may be Under Armour.

Comment

How long have they had that badge with a quite fetching owl? I only remember this one:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X