A Design For Strife - Kit Gallery 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything went suspiciously quiet after this vote closed just before Xmas. Close to the deadline the margin in favour of Option A was around ten votes (which was about the number I managed to cast on my family's various devices) but nothing appears to have been announced since, I suspect a stitch up.

Comment

Just because it deserves a wider airing this is Nagoya Grampus Eight's 2017 kit :

This appears to be a new twist on the Relegation Kit - a Punishment Relegation Kit in that it will be worn for their debut season down in J2.

Comment

Houndstooth! I love it.

Comment

Somewhere between that , plaid and patchwork yes.

Didn't some black & white team (Newcastle?) actually do a houndstooth shirt (possibly a training shirt) recently?

Comment

Was that more of a large-scale pattern? I think I can just about picture it but I really can't remember who that was I'm afraid.

Comment

What is the difference between houndstooth and dogstooth?

Comment

There isn't any

Though houndstooth is the more widely used term.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: Just because it deserves a wider airing this is Nagoya Grampus Eight's 2017 kit :

This appears to be a new twist on the Relegation Kit - a Punishment Relegation Kit in that it will be worn for their debut season down in J2.
                  That's gone past bad to being sublime.

Comment

Juventus had a pink houndstooth away shirt in 2003-04

Comment

I love that Nagoya shirt. I find it hypnotic like no othet shirt since I was a lad and I was fascinated by things like football kits.

Comment

People may remember Windsor's fantastic red & green "union flag" first and change kits which they're still wearing. They've now brought out pink & black goalkeepers' kits ;

They might have been even better, the first photos I saw looked like brown & pink ;

Comment

I saw a bloke wearing this coat at today's Troon v Pollok game.

Do Influence still exist or is this a retro classic? I can remember them doing Portsmouth and Cambridge's kit on a strange arrow template in the early 1990s, but nothing since.

If they are still about, does that mean Pelada are as well?

Comment

I fear they're gone, if I had to play a club-association game with them I'd have said QPR.

In honour of the Norwich-Wolves colour-clash at the weekend, here are some more bad examples

Comment

I've heard Norwich-Wolves wasn't so bad at the ground, and the closeups I saw just about bear that out. But there were also comments that a reserves or youth game had seen Wolves turn up in old gold, and that actually provided a better contrast with our yellow than that fluorescent green did.

Comment

I think Influence bit the dust in the early to mid nineties.

Even though they did a Cardiff kit, this Birmingham kit is their definitive one for me as the Kumar brothers (owners of both the club and manufacturer) added the colours of the Indian flag to it (and the badge) to honour their heritage :

Actually, looking at it now, the colours of the dashes in the kit don't match that on the badge but never mind.

Comment

denishurley wrote: I fear they're gone, if I had to play a club-association game with them I'd have said QPR.
                                  Only two seasons, 89–91, but we were in the first division so fairly visible I guess.

Comment

Influence stopped supplying Portsmouth, Cambridge and Birmingham in 1993. There's no evidence online of them doing any kit after that. It's a search-unfriendly name but there's no trace of them now, the closest I can find is "Influence Sports" - a communications and marketing agency who appear to deal in motor racing and sailing.

In other words, that jacket looks to be approximately 25 years old. Hope he's washed it in the meantime.

Comment

I think I may have an answer. The bloke in question also dons karrimor and Lonsdale, pointing him to be an advocate of a certain sports shop which likes to buy up old brands and put them on really shoddy sportswear.

Sure enough, having a quick search of Sports Direct, shows they did have a few items by Influence in the not too distant past, but this appears to have been short lived as there may not have been great demand to recreate the John Beck look.

So it would seem that rather than being a pristine survivor of a veteran sports brand, it is a moody modern day version.

Comment

You'll be telling me that Mr. Ashley does Spall and Matchwinner next.

Never forgiven him for destroying the legacy of Sondico, they make gloves not chuffing kits.

Comment

EN-S? Super League? Vandanel?

Comment

Not forgetting Beaver, who briefly manufactured Huddersfield Town kits.

Comment

For serious obsessives it looks as if Dryworld will be a one season wonder. So pick up your QPR and Watford shirts while you can. Both clubs have binned them for next season (the latter going with errea,) as, I believe, have their Brazilian clients.

Comment

Does that mean QPR are the holders of the Dryworld Cup in perpetuity?

Comment

Indeed so. The parade down Hammersmith Broadway is being planned as I write.

Comment

Amor de Cosmos wrote: For serious obsessives it looks as if Dryworld will be a one season wonder. So pick up your QPR and Watford shirts while you can. Both clubs have binned them for next season (the former going with errea,) as, I believe, have their Brazilian clients.
                                                    Fixed - Watford will have adidas.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X