Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.rugby-league.com/superlea...n-this-weekend

Comment

It's just possible that Wakefield may finally get a redeveloped stadium by 2020. I really hope this works out for them.

Comment

Down to the business end now.

Super League semis tonight and tomorrow - Castleford v St Helens, and Leeds v Hull. As a fairly latent Saints fan I can't root against them, but Castleford absolutely need to get to the Grand Final and win it firstly cos they deserve it and secondly for the variety - we don't need yet another Saints/Leeds final.

Million Pound Game Saturday - Leigh v Catalans, the game which could see the disappearance (for now) of the last non M62 outpost of Super League.....

NRL Grand Final Sunday - ..... while Down Under two non-Sydney teams (Melbourne and North Queensland) will contest Sydney's big showpiece.

All leading up to the big game of the weekend on Sunday afternoon, Barrow vs Whitehaven in the League 1 play off final. Whitehaven got there by winning what may have been the longest ever game of pro RL in the semi, all 105 minutes of it (regulation 80 plus 2x 10 minute periods of extra time plus 1x golden point for five minutes).

Comment

Half an hour in, Cas 8-4 up.

Comment

Saints were 10-8 up and came close more than once, but Cas have bounced back and lead by two scores. C'mon!

Comment

But as I type, it's back to a six point game, 20-14 to Cas.

Comment

Shit.

Comment

Mark Percival's goal kicking keeping Cas in this. 20-18

Comment

And another Saints try... But the kick misses. Two points in it.

Comment

With apologies to WFD, I'm sure he can appreciate that most neutrals want Cas to win this...

Comment

And as I say that... Fuckity.

Comment

Come on Snozzer....

Edit: not Snoozer, bloody autocorrect...
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 28-09-2017, 20:44.

Comment

Christ

Comment

Rugby League eh, bloody hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                Rugby League eh, bloody hell.
                                In the few short years I've followed it, we've had the Ryan Hall leaders shield try, the Thurston penalties final, the million pound game field goal, and now this. You can't beat RL for last minute drama in the big games.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

With apologies to WFD (though he did have the temerity to mention Whitehavens win at the weekend) but well done Cas, for the season you've had that was well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      With apologies to WFD, I'm sure he can appreciate that most neutrals want Cas to win this...
                                      No apologies necessary Kev (and nmrfox), as said I couldn't actively want Saints to lose any game, but it would have been a travesty if Cas lost last night and it was the only correct outcome for the sport as a whole. I was completely conflicted watching it (and had to listen to extra time in the car as had to go out), and it was a relief when Cas won it.

Just need Leeds / Hull to do the right thing and roll over next week.

Comment

Following on from last night's classic, Leeds Hull shaping up very nicely
                                        12-16 to the visitors with quarter of the match to go.

Comment

18-16 Leeds. Shame really but on the balance of play the Loiners deserved it, just.

Comment

So this will be the fifth meeting of Cas and Leeds in Super League this season (home and away, magic, super 8, grand final). Castleford have won all four so far.

Comment

The big day looms... so what has Hardaker done then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                The big day looms... so what has Hardaker done then?
                                                Plenty of rumours on Twitter - some should hopefully be ruled out by the fact that he's only 'breached club rules' and not attracted the eyes of the law (yet).

Comment

We're scratching our heads down under (anatomically challenging). A bunch of players with Tongan heritage have opted to follow their hearts instead of the money, and will play for Tonga instead of NZ or Australia. Do sports people still do that?

This makes the World Cup a lot more interesting, especially the games in New Zealand. And it certainly needed a boost.

Comment

Live coverage of the Women's Grand Final (Bradford - Featherstone) on YouTube right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljxf...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                                    X