Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grifters gotta Grift

It would be amusing if he ends up in the same cell as Michael Cohen.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      Grifters gotta Grift

It would be amusing if he ends up in the same cell as Michael Cohen.
      Is it possible he has something and Nike have used the US justice system to shut him up?

Comment

What he claims to have is evidence that they have bribed high school coaches, players and parents to play for teams that Nike outfit.

Which is something that anyone who has been paying attention has known for 20 years.

Comment

Back to Trump, saw him talking and he looks pissed. I would be watching my back if I was a senior civil servant or Democrat on Capitol Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
            Back to Trump, saw him talking and he looks pissed. I would be watching my back if I was a senior civil servant or Democrat on Capitol Hill.
            Pissed or pissed off?

Comment

Pissed is American for pissed off.

Comment

Though we also use it to mean pissed.

Unhelpful, I know.

Comment

Well, Trump doesn't drink, so context goes a long way.

Am I the only 'Democrat' not thinking 'Trump was innocent all along' and instead thinking 'Mueller couldn't find it / prove it'?

Comment

You are not. There's a whole lot of qualifying language in Barr's letter which - until we see the report - could mean almost anything. All we know for sure is that Trump isn't going to get indicted for direct active collusion with the Russian government for the purpose of subverting the election. Nobody (within reason) really was expecting there to be actual kompromat and that Trump knowingly acted as a Russian agent.

There may actually be nothing at all relating to the Trump campaign in the Mueller report, but we don't know yet. We do know that he has confirmed a massive Russian attempt to hijack the democracy.

So we should already be shouting that Mueller has confirmed that Trump's electoral victory was based on a fraud - it doesn't matter, but it really pisses Trump off when he hears it.

Comment

It depends on what is meant by massive Russian attempt to hijack the Democracy. If it is Russia buying a few thousand targetted Trump facebook ads in Michigan then I'd still be more worried about decades of American corporations buying out American politicians.

Comment

Trump did it all in the open: inviting hackers to do HRC's emails, tweeting approval of the Wikileaks hauls. 'Collusion' implies covert operations and ignores the overt.

Whether the Russian activities swung the election is unknowable. We can say that Trump is clearly lying when he says there was definitely no effect, because he simply cannot know one way or the other. I'd rather focus on Hilary ignoring the rust-belt, where there's a clear cause and effect.

Meanwhile, it's darkly amusing to watch the GOP refuse to make the report public while Trump pretends he's happy to release it.

Note that the Starr Report was released so the double standard is hilarious (you'd think this fact might be crucial if the issue goes to court).
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-03-2019, 01:44.

Comment

This is from her official White House account

[URL]https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1110350183685128198?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Click through to read the whole thread.

[URL]https://twitter.com/nicholas_bagley/status/1110344361944989697?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/ashleyrparker/status/1110339803751555072?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I just tweeted this, so apologies if you're having to read it twice from me, but Avenatti might be a scumbag charlatan, but I can't help but wonder if these charges have been trumped up--pun intended. trump has his people installed all over the country. We've just seen how far the man at the top of the DOJ is willing to go for Herr Drumpf, so is it really a stretch to believe that they're going after Avenatti as an act of revenge? I do not trust anyone in trump's administration, from his press secretary all the way up to the SCOTUS and the DOJ.

If Avenatti is guilty, then he deserves to pay the price--but so does donald trump. I hate what's going on in this country right now. I also hate that there are people like my mother who can't even fucking see it.

Comment

Latest post function seems to be broken
                                  on this thread?
                                  Last edited by Sporting; 26-03-2019, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    Latest post function seems to be broken
                                    on this thread?
                                    yep, seems to be the case for me too

Comment

No, especially not that Deutsche Bank have agreed to the House Committees' document request.

Comment

There are still a thousand other investigations into Trump. And wherever they go, they won't turn his base. As the man himself bragged, he could go out into the street and shoot somebody, and they'd still support him. But his base will never turn anyway. Let's chip away at the beast to turn the middle ground.

Comment

I don't think it is possible to fully separate the two, as it is the former (in league with the forces of predatory capital) that enables and encourages the latter.

Comment

We shouldn't need investigations to persuade independents if the Dems can take full advantage of how Trump keeps attacking the ACA and scoring obvious own goals like defunding the Special Olympics.

Comment

Please be more specific. They have already gotten a number of convictions.

As you know, DOJ rules do not allow for the indictment of a sitting President.

Comment

I don't recognise that concept, but it will be a minimum of months. These things take time, and the volume of obstruction is considerable.

Comment

I expect that the Congressional investigations will produce more news more quickly, though not all of that news will necessarily be positive.

Comment

I hope the SDNY takes two years to finish its investigations because I want people to stop thinking about legal remedies to the existence of Trump. And I want them to prosecute the shit out of him once he's out of office and prosecutable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X