No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have much hope about the Mueller inquiry, Trump base would still support him if he abused a child at one of his ego booster circus acts...

Comment

Mueller may be done but there are still other more potentially damaging investigations going on.
      Last edited by Sporting; 20-02-2019, 22:27.

Comment

Both of the last two posts are correct.

Comment

So when the Attourney General gets the report how many others see it as well and how much can he/they sit on it/redact what's inconvenient etc?

Comment

It's true that a lot of the left-fever-swamp will rapidly shift their hopes for a magic bullet to the SDNY. But they've invested a whole lot into believing that Robert Mueller has all the information needed to show that Trump was a complicit asset of the FSB, and if that proves to be wrong they'll have some mental gymnastics to do to realign their expectations.

Comment

There is essentially no precedent here, so it is very hard to say. It could come down to the House subpoenaing the report,

Though that may not be as important as once thought, given the number of other US Attorney"s Office with which he has shared evidence.

Comment

The left fever swamp was always going to be disappointed. Such is the nature of fever swamps,

Comment

I haven't followed Louise Mensch's fever dreams for a while. Are her impeccable sources still claiming Trump will be indicted on the back of Mueller?

Comment

Right after Steven Bannon is executed for espionage. It gives her no pleasure to report this.

Comment

Is she still "Active"? I had kind of hoped that her lower profile might have been the result of her getting help.

Comment

This is fucking terrifying. They should all go to jail over this.

Comment

Iran is fucking horrible but looks a model of rationality in the ME. So of course the US and UK shill for the Saudis. What could go wrong with a nuclear Salafist state?

Comment

Good precis of the Mueller Report situation from the Post.

Comment

Trump will try to milk this Smollett story for months and pretend it's the benchmark against which all black victim reports should be judged. "Falsus in uno" will be applied to the whole racial group.

Comment

Excellent CBC interview this morning with an extremely articulate Andrew McCabe. It captures the gobsmacking disconnection between Trump and senior US security personnel, and the emotional toll the barrage of lies emerging from the White House have taken.
                                The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti: Former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe, who led the bureau for three months last year, contends a "crime may have been committed" during U.S. President Donald Trump's dismissal of FBI chief James Comey.

Comment

ROTFLMAO on Roger Stone. Can't say a fucking word or he goes straight to jail. He'll blow it. Just a matter of time.

Comment

He's already broken the bit restricting his speech through "surrogates", but it looks like Berman Jackson is going to give him some more rope.

In other news, this is a great result for the Miami Herald's reporting and a slap in the face for the Secretary of Labor

https://twitter.com/PostRoz/status/1098673746997587968

though absent new evidence, Epstein is still going to skate.

Comment

I'm curious about Stone's claims of penury. According to his own filings, he enjoys (or enjoyed) income of $47,000 a month. He's been at this his whole life. Surely he's not really flat broke at 66? Or, like Manafort, does he simply spend every single penny he's ever made (and more)?

Comment

The Epstein thing is just grotesque on every level, from what I've read. No doubt the rich and famous he travels with have afforded him some measure of protection. I mean, the manifest of the Lolita Express makes for fascinating reading. Could you image Slick Willie bedding a 14 year old? I could. Or Dersh? Or Trump. Hmm...

Comment

Stone has been selling autographed rocks ("Roger Stones") to pay his lawyers. I think that it is safe to assume that he is short of liquid funds.

Comment

Yeah...I didn't know if that was part of the theatre, though. Surely he's got a few bucks squirreled away in the Caymans or whatever. Or maybe not. For some reason, he's a tough man to take at his word.

Comment

One of the problems with socking away income on which you haven't paid tax is that it is not advisable to re-patriate it while you are under prosecution.

Comment

This is a great article on the whole, unbelievable Epstein thing.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...220097825.html

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Stone has been selling autographed rocks ("Roger Stones") to pay his lawyers. I think that it is safe to assume that he is short of liquid funds.
                                                  You'd think so, but it's so hard to tell with congenital Grifters.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X