Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

Meantime the Democrats continue to stare at their navel.

After a week or so extension to think about their minority house leader carefully they decide to do nothing.

Comment

Trump's Card

Texas finished up 52.6% Trump, 43.4% Clinton and 4% others.

House seats in Texas finished 25 Republican and 11 Democrat, essentially a 70/30 split.

That's some seriously effective gerrymandering.

Comment

Trump's Card

I imagine the popular vote totals might be closer if more of the seats were competitive. People would have more reason to show up and the minority party (usually the Democrats in most districts there) would have more reason to put up a viable candidate and support him or her.

I live in a House District like that. I feel like I, and State College as a community, really doesn't have representation in the House. Thompson probably wouldn't support for something that totally screwed over public universities, but I don't think he'd go to the wall for us either, and he's pro-pollution, anti-choice, etc, etc.

Comment

Trump's Card

2,000 US war veterans, including Wesley Clark, have gone to Dakota to form a human shield to block the pipeline.

Comment

Trump's Card

Have you got a link to that please, AP?

*No worries, got it, thanks.

Comment

Trump's Card

It might be son of Wesley Clark.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump apparently does a deal for Carrier to keep 1000 jobs in Indiana (for a $7 million tax break), whilst 1000 jobs are still moving to [strike]America[/strike] Mexico.

I bet you can't guess who owns stock in Carrier's parent company?

If you said Donald Trump, have a stale cookie.

*Oh and Carrier are building a new plant in Mexico. I bet that $7 million comes in handy for buying bricks.

Comment

Trump's Card

For some reason, this minor development is making me very sad. I naively thought we'd sorted this out in the 90s.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/campus/article_b1b1349a-b841-11e6-8565-3f442bc54ada.html

Comment

Trump's Card

HA-HA HA-HA HA-HA

Attached files [IMG]/converted_files/media/kunena/attachments/174/TrumpTie.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump apparently does a deal for Carrier to keep 1000 jobs in Indiana (for a $7 million tax break), whilst 1000 jobs are still moving to America Mexico.
                      I saw on twitter that somebody claimed that Trump would have to do one Carrier deal every week for 30 years to save as many jobs as Obama did when he rescued the Michigan auto industry.

Comment

Trump's Card

Nothing says stability and calm like a Sec of Defence nicknamed MadDog.

Comment

Trump's Card

Not exactly apples to apples though. Saving Detroit was "shit! bail us out or we are done!" whereas Carrier was a tax and wage arbitrage.

Comment

Trump's Card

Lang Spoon wrote: Nothing says stability and calm like a Sec of Defence nicknamed MadDog.
                            Trump personally thanked Alex Jones for his support during the campaign. Alex Jones, who thinks that flouride in the water is a government conspiracy to undermine his manly essence.

And now the Defence Secretary is called Mad Dog.

And the latest Hollywood blockbuster movie is called Dr. Strange.

It's all a bit weird.

Comment

Trump's Card

Friday Afternoon Suprise

Donald Trump risks opening up a major diplomatic dispute with China before he has even been inaugurated after speaking on the phone on Friday with Tsai Ing-wen, the president of Taiwan.

The telephone call, confirmed by four people, is believed to be the first between a US president or president-elect and a leader of Taiwan since diplomatic relations between the two were cut in 1979.

I'm sure that it is a complete coincidence that a) Trump has been refusing intelligence and diplomatic briefings, b) that he is also actively trying to expand his business in Taiwan and c) that Bolton has been on the Taiwanese payroll for some time (including failing to disclose that fact before Congressional testimony)

Comment

Trump's Card

Refusing briefings! Maybe it's as well I'm fucking with my life expectancy in about every way every day. (Well not quite every way). Some folk are born to be squeamish and bourgeoisie.

Comment

Trump's Card

In other news, those Carrier jobs that are staying in the US were the ones that that were never going to go to Mexico anyway. Oh and it turns out that Drumpf is a shareholder in Carrier. So no conflict of interest in him pushing some federal money their way.

Comment

Trump's Card

Re my earlier questioning whether Trump might do anything right, this blog has an interesting take.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump lies all the time, and doesn't care about proper markets at all.

Corbyn's own people were briefing the Trump rubbish. The headline about immigration reflects him changing positions. The red star thing looks stupid, but if he's really just a common or garden social democrat, he spent a strange amount of time opposing Foot, Kinnock and Smith.

Comment

Trump's Card

"Highlights" of the first day (which we have survived so far)

1. All references to climate change, LBGT rights and similar issues have been purged from the White House website, a pattern that is now echoing across other US Government websites.

2. Obama's cut in the fees mostly first-time and low income homebuyers have to pay for government-subidised mortgages has been reversed, immediately increasing potential purchasers' costs by hundreds of dollars.

3. The lawyer who has been defending North Carolina's anti-transgender"Bathroom Bill" in the federal courts has been named to lead the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division.

4. In related news, the DOJ has signaled that it will be changing sides in pending litigation challenging Texas' Voter ID law, which the Obama Administration had been fighting.

5. A well known foe of net neutrality has been named to chair the Federal Communications Commission

6. Priebus, as Chief of Staff, claims to have issued an Executive Order "freezing all regulations". It isn't at all clear that he has the power to do this.

7. Trump has redecorated the Oval Office, installing gold curtains and couches, and removing the bust of Martin Luther King.

Comment

Trump's Card

Is that last one really true?

Comment

Trump's Card

#1 is indeterminate. It's standard to redo all the websites and archive the old one. Yet they have had time to put up something about his bullshit energy plan and plan to stop efforts to mitigate climate change and have had time to put up some bullshit about the new First Lady.

Comment

Trump's Card

johnr wrote: Is that last one really true?
                                              Unclear. Some reports said the MLK bust is back or never left.

Let's focus on substantive things.

Comment

Trump's Card

I envy the right's fantastic ability to just get shit done. A Democrat would have taken a year to decide to do one of them.

All of them are depressingly predictable, and demonstrate Trump's awfulness, but the Dems should focus on the second; it shows Trump's hypocrisy.

Comment

Trump's Card

NHH wrote: I envy the right's fantastic ability to just get shit done. A Democrat would have taken a year to decide to do one of them.
                                                  When your entire philosophy is smash things up with a baseball bat, it is easy to get things done quickly. The job of putting it back together takes time.

Comment

Trump's Card

Yeah, but the Democrats consistently valorise a chimerical bipartisanship; they either think that's really important, or think it's really important to be seen to think it's important. Both are misguided.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X