No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see tweets like that and keep thinking that Democrats/American Lefties are still hoping for a magic bullet that will bring a magic end to Trump. And that somehow the magical end of Trump will lead to the magical end of Trumpism. It's been true with Mueller, it's been true with every suggestion of illegality - emoluments cause and payments to Stormy Daniels and so on, it's true with every mention of his tax returns.

It feels very naive.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that it is a very small portion of the actual electorate that is unfortunately active on Twitter.

It allows the people who believe in it to absolve themselves and their entire circle of acquaintances of any responsibility for where we find ourselves and enables them to avoid thinking about structural issues. And then there are the "HRC is the real President" people.

Comment

I'm hearing wild rumours that she's thinking about running again. The US needs to introduce a rule barring the over 65's from standing in elections.

Comment

The Menschivists so. Every day waiting for a Smoking Gun.

Comment

Those rumours are because Mark Penn was shooting his mouth off on the Sunday shows after producing this masterpiece for the Journal

Comment

It's almost as if the WSJ has an agenda.

Comment

Washington Post calls Arizona for Sinema

Comment

Hilary is going to have to start doing a lot more drugs if she is to perfect her Liza or Elizabeth Taylor impression

Comment

And McSally has conceded.

The deal with Kyl must be done.

Comment

It was hard to see how McSally could have won. 40000 votes behind, 170k votes left, of which 20k were in Pima and Coconino counties. So she'd have had to win the other 150k by nearly 30%. She wasn't winning Maricopa County at all, so it would be near impossible for her to be winning the last parts of Maricopa 65-35.

I think it's fair enough to concede. Trump won't be happy, mind you...

It's still interesting in AZ for Sec of State where the Dem is leading by nearly 5,700 votes.

Comment

A 53-47 Senate is so much better than a 54-46 one. Holding the Republicans to two gains in this cycle is pretty incredible work.

Arizona turning purple is also pretty damned incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          His wife was very upset by the antifa mob, how very dare you.
                          No, mate. Doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                            I see tweets like that and keep thinking that Democrats/American Lefties are still hoping for a magic bullet that will bring a magic end to Trump. And that somehow the magical end of Trump will lead to the magical end of Trumpism. It's been true with Mueller, it's been true with every suggestion of illegality - emoluments cause and payments to Stormy Daniels and so on, it's true with every mention of his tax returns.

It feels very naive.
                            Agreed. You see the same thing here with the FBPE crowd and Russian money.

Comment

There is a lot of Daddyism on the left - the desperate search for a grown up to make the Bad Man go away. First there was Michael Wolff (a smug, power and money worshipping wanker), the Michael Avenatti (a self important blowhard bankrupt). I've just been ferociously berated on another part of the interweb for suggesting Jim Acosta might have been doing a bit of showing-off at That Press Conference. Can't criticise anyone who Trump dislikes.

Maybe Mueller will turn out to be the reall Big Daddy but I am sceptical. Trump has survived stuff that would have made a lesser better man give up long ago.

Comment

"Brief Lindsay Fucking Graham Fetish."

a complicated group of words to parse.

Comment

Don't forget the CIA and FBI fetish.

I think the Democrats were even running ex-CIA people in some seats, who were proudly promoting their bipartisan all-American credentials. One of them was showing off how she had worked with the Dubya administration. Illegal wars and waterboarding, yay!

Comment

The predilection of centrist democrats for bipartisanship remind me of the lyrics of Stand By Your Man. Or maybe the wife of a meth-addicted husband who’s going to keep on showing him live because one day, she’s sure, that love is going to be stronger than the drugs.
                                    Last edited by NHH; 13-11-2018, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                      The predilection of centrist democrats for bipartisanship remind me of the lyrics of Stand By Your Man. Or maybe the wife of a meth-addicted husband who’s going to keep on showing him live because one day, she’s sure, that live is going to be stronger than the drugs.
                                      Also, you know, fuck what the little people who actually vote for us think. We need to work hand in hand with our business partners to keep the project alive.

Comment

Elissa Slotkin ad

What does a tour of duty with the CIA entail? Actual shooty fighting, or sitting in a bunker in the green zone and telling soldiers what to do?
                                        Last edited by anton pulisov; 13-11-2018, 10:54.

Comment

So, one week later, and all the 'Democrats' on here, are already calling them out for being cunts.

In the words of Sir John Butter-Lydon: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Now, all of you, piss off back to your own district and help to secure the tiny little steps that last week helped create. No? Well, fuck off then, you hypocritical arseholes.

In local news, I have been accepted onto the HOA board. (Only put my name down because I am the only person who sees this place at night, and it needs lights. And we pay x amount per year, and they neglected to put security on, you know, to save our mortal souls in case those nasty immigrants come by and rape all of our women. But mainly dogshit, and lazy arseholes not clearing it up. And I won by two votes. Mine and 'Im Indoors'. That's fucking irony. I don't even have a vote in the 'real' world.)

Comment

Well done, Gero

They won’t know what hit ‘em

Comment

Skotkin was an analyst. The closest she would have come to “field work” was assisting with a few non-torture interrogations, but given that her forte is strategic planning, I’m quite sure that she rarely left the Green Zone.

Abigail Spanberger (who beat Dave Brat in Eric Cantor’s old seat in Virginia) was an Operations Officer, and the mere fact that we don’t know for sure where she served is evidence that she was involved in more problematic activities.

None of which should cause anyone to lose sight of the fact that the country is much better off with them in Congress than the Trumpistas they defeated.

Comment

Depends which country we are talking about, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  "Brief Lindsay Fucking Graham Fetish."

a complicated group of words to parse.
                                                  For God's sake don't do a Google search.

Comment

Well, I would be surprised if citizens of the countries in which Spanberger served weren’t quite happy to see the back of her and her colleagues.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X