• Show
Clear All

I've just got home from being out all day. My initial reaction is "FUCK!"

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      I've just got home from being out all day. My initial reaction is "FUCK!"
      Mine too.

Comment

Taylor Swift loses to Marsha Blackburn in Tennessee.

"Celebrity: Influence" correlation remains at approx zero.

Comment

Amendment 4 passed!

https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/s...87387072290816

Comment

FWIW, Nate Cohn reckons the Democrats will pick up about 32 seats.

Comment

I feel sick right now. The Amendment 4 change is at least something.

Comment

Florida has voted to end greyhound racing. How is it they can get that right but can’t show similar compassion to other humans?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                  FWIW, Nate Cohn reckons the Democrats will pick up about 32 seats.
                  Is that a lot?

Comment

It's enough

Comment

Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                        Florida has voted to end greyhound racing. How is it they can get that right but can’t show similar compassion to other humans?
                        People can be sentimental toward animals and not award the same feelings toward human beings.

Comment

I suppose that if there were a whole industry with its own cable channel telling people that greyhounds were coming to rape their children, the attitude would be different

Comment

Did people here think the Senate was going to flip?

Are you all on drugs?

Comment

No. Unfortunately. If the house flips I’ll be happy. Ish.

Comment

Joe Manchin has won West Virginia, per CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Did people here think the Senate was going to flip?

Are you all on drugs?
                                  At the moment it looks like the House might not flip, which is really bad.

I was hoping that the Democrats would limit the Senate to 52-48, but Indiana's already gone, Florida looks dodgy, and I have no hope for ND and little for Missouri.

And some of the governors races aren't looking as bright as I'd hoped. Florida looks bad, the vaguely possible one in Oklahoma is done...

Comment

So what's up with SB?

Comment

Ah, so you've been on drugs.

Perhaps you should take some more.

Comment

Voting time extended in Georgia where people are still waiting in line.

I can never get my head round this "projected result while they vote" business.

Comment

Missouri might be better than Indiana. The vice president being from Indiana must be a factor. Unless it's Dan Quayle, of course.

Comment

I'm in my California Bubble. Like an idiot, I had been looking at some of the polls and taking them at face value rather than expecting Shy Trumpers.

Comment

Tee Rex, That’s because you live in a place with a rational system

Comment

Possible Bradley Effect in Florida, evidenced by the polling before today and by Nelson getting more votes than Gillum, suggesting some voters were willing to vote for a white Democrat but not a Black one, although it could also be that Gillum was perceived to be more to the left so some voters split the ticket on those grounds.

We need to see turnout stats to be more sure but given that Gillum was favourite before tonight, I believe the Bradley Effect still lives in FL, furthered by Trumpism.

Comment

So does suppression (and the “corruption” allegations)

Florida passes a constitutional amendment that bans BOTH offshore drilling AND indoor vaping.

Comment

FWIW, I don’t see 54-46 as functionally different than 52-48, or even 51-49.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X