Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was astonishingly unjudglike.

Comment

Well, they will be confirming someone who has blamed the left/Dems for all this. Now we know that supreme court judges are not impartial, but I thought they had at least pretend to be. Which isn't so in this case.

Comment

Should the democrats ever get into power they will have to find a way to deal with the poisoning of the Supreme Court - Ruth Bader Ginsberg unlikely to make it to 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          Should the democrats ever get into power they will have to find a way to deal with the poisoning of the Supreme Court - Ruth Bader Ginsberg unlikely to make it to 2020
          Pack the damn court

Comment

Yep, if they won’t abide by norms why the hell should the Dems? The SC has just about lost all credibility now anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              Yep, if they won’t abide by norms why the hell should the Dems? The SC has just about lost all credibility now anyways.
              It doesn't matter whether it has any credibility. It makes the law.

Comment

American Bar Association want an FBI investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                  But what could the FBI really do? I mean, I wish they could do something, but it was so long ago, and evidence either way is no more than I said you said stuff.
                  Crack Mark Judge like an egg, and blow a massive hole in his defence. It may not prove anything one way or another about what happened between the two witnesses yesterday, but it might well open Kavanaugh up to perjury charges based on yesterday. He said a lot of things that on the face of it simply weren't true.
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 28-09-2018, 11:18.

Comment

Apparently even his own stupid calendar supports the dates Ford mentioned.

Comment

He said a lot of things that on the face of it simply weren't true.
                      Yeah, I think that "all the people present say it didn't happen" was bollocks, wasn't it? They can't remember it, which is different.

I've sympathy for the senators doing the questioning, because it's difficult, but wasn't there a back of team on the internet picking stuff up, with a means to get the message through to the senators?

Comment

Dubya is apparently rallying senators to get behind Kavanaugh.

Still a dick, then.

Comment

This is good on that.

Each of the three did make statements that did not corroborate Ford’s version of events, but none was fully exonerating for Kavanaugh.
                          It is particularly bad look for a judge.

Berbaslug gets to the heart of the substance of an FBI investigation (Nef notes the primary procedural benefit). Even if one accepts that it likely can’t establish his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt (not that that is, or should be, the standard), it would almost certainly demonstrate that he perjured himself a number of times while trying to maintain his choirboy image. Perjury in a confirmation hearing is the definition of disqualifying, and should be grounds for impeachment, whether or not he’s confirmed.

Comment

Even allowing for who his target audience are, didn't he lay the choir boy stuff a bit thick? His "sensitive stomach" had me laughing out loud. I wouldn't have cared otherwise.

Comment

Honestly, the thing that almost sent me around the bend was the OTT emotive sniffing and sniffing and sniffing...fuck me.

Comment

I’ll say it again, warm baths and cold knives all round for the entire GOP. Especially fucking “Mavericks” Collins and Flake when they cave and vote to confirm this piece of shit.

Comment

A useful catalogue of the multiple subjects on which he perjured himself.

I’m intrigued by the idea that the reason behind the Republicans’ sidelining of their prosecutor and for Graham’s puce-faced ranting was because they were scared that she was actually going to play it straight, and had noticed that one of his puerile calendar entries put the guys that Ford identified in the same place at the same time. She mentioned that date to Kavanaugh just before she was sidelined.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                    Dubya is apparently rallying senators to get behind Kavanaugh.

Still a dick, then.
                                    Aww, but he gave Michelle Obama a candy at a funeral! And he's not Trump! He's really not as bad as people thought of at the time.

/s

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      I’m intrigued by the idea that the reason behind the Republicans’ sidelining of their prosecutor and for Graham’s puce-faced ranting was because they were scared that she was actually going to play it straight, and had noticed that one of his puerile calendar entries put the guys that Ford identified in the same place at the same time. She mentioned that date to Kavanaugh just before she was sidelined.
                                      Infuriating, then, that no Democratic senator brought that up during their five minutes. Durbin's question about the FBI and Kavanaugh's awkward silence was powerful...stop trying to grandstand on a point already made, and pin him down on something else. Did none of their staffers notice the calendar issue?

Comment

I’m guessing not, but then no one asked him about the baseball tickets and debt in general.

It was sub-optimal that Booker and Harris were more interested in sound bite for Presidential campaign ads than they were on eliciting more lies. Then again, it wouldn’t have mattered.

Comment

Sad but true

I find the transformation of Graham to be interesting. Is it Adelson money? 45 letting him know that the Russians have photos of him with a dead girl and a live boy? Some kind of land deal in South Carolina that will make him fuck you money?

Or is it early onset dementia? I’d find it very hard to set odds.

Comment

He's only 63. He should just retire, buy Gore Vidal's gaff in the south of Italy and try and find happiness. He's a fucking mess, and we have to suffer.

Comment

I thought Booker was going to zero in on this "frenzy on the left" stuff- irrespective of any frenzy, weren't they all there because of Ford?

But it passed.

Comment

Bastard

Comment

Any fucker who is going to vote GOP in the mid terms after this is a worthless human being. Millions of Seneca baths needed nationwide.

Comment

Don't forget to vote during your break

Comment

Working...
                                                    X