• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Didn't Obama do this?

Comment

That’s an interesting question.

It is widely believed that what is motivating Manafort is a deep fear that one of his former clients will have him killed, rather than by loyalty to 45.
      Through the looking glass, darkly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
        The GOP are going to clean up, aren't they?
        STOP calling those cunts, that.

Seriously. The lie has gone far enough.

Comment

So, to recap: Trump still cunt, the world still a fucking mess, and gas prices are over $3.20. Everyone still feeling great again?

Comment

I apologise for my bad language. I meant '45'.

Comment

(Also, I came in here to cheer myself up, and it worked! x Thanks all. I now, return you to the arts.)

Comment

And Sporting, to answer a question you were asked not to ask elsewhere, my view is that 45's influence on the "United Bid" for the World Cup was entirely negative. Infantino's sycophantic visit to pay hommage was sickening (and more USians should be calling out federation president Cordeiro for enthusiastically participating in the spectacle).
                Actually, with regards to that question, nobody asked me not to ask it, but rather I deleted it myself, as it came across as too beligerent and overly political, at least to me. Anyway, you're right in what you say.

Comment

Appreciate the clarification.

It will not surprise you that I was very eager to answer it, though knew that if I did so, it wouldn't stay up.

Comment

The orange gibbon's totally arbitrary deadline on Canada/US NAFTA negotiations approaches this morning. The US is balking at Canada's insistence on a dispute resolution process being included. Aw c'mon eh? We may be dumb but we're not stupid.

Comment

There's no actual agreement with Mexico either.

Comment

Interesting. Dispute processes are about among the most controversial parts of new trade deals.

Or are thinking of different things here?

Comment

The same thing

Comment

Appreciate the clarification.

It will not surprise you that I was very eager to answer it, though knew that if I did so, it wouldn't stay up.
                            Hang on, are UA and Sporting cheating on us with another forum?

Comment

That's privileged, pal

Comment

The orange gibbon's totally arbitrary deadline
                                It's not totally arbitrary. It needs to be before September so he can give 90 days notice to Congress so it can be signed before Nieto leaves office.

Comment

The same thing
                                  Thanks.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ursus_arctos59/status/1035606233863086080?s=19

https://twitter.com/ursus_arctos59/s...863086080?s=19

The income figures seriously understate the area's wealth, as it is chock full of rentiers.

Comment

http://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1035616346724343811

Comment

I don't know how anyone around here could live on less than $85K, after you factor in housing, insurance, transportation and healthcare, etc., etc. It might sound like a decent amount, but wages are not keeping up with inflation.

That reminds me, I have to renew my heath insurance before 9 Sept. I'll be looking at my choices this weekend to see how much less I'll be getting in exchange for higher premiums. Those if you who don't live in a shithole country don't know how good you have it.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from, but a) this is South Carolina, b) the average household income in NYC is around USD 55K and c) most of the inhabitants of Hilton Head own their houses outright and have significant income-producing assets.

I consider my lifetime entitlement to the Firm's health insurance (which also covers ms ursus and our son for another 7 years) to be as important to our quality of life as the pension I'm getting. Our "system" is barbaric.

Comment

I apologize--that's what happens when I skim-read.

Comment

I will admit that I have very little idea how anyone raises a family here on USD 55K before taxes.

Comment

What would one call a family?

Comment

I will admit that I have very little idea how anyone raises a family here on USD 55K before taxes.
                                                  What would that be after basic health insurance?

Comment

I tell you what continually baffles me - the to-me bizarro entanglement of internal party elections with the state. I don't get how it can be so easily accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X