No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually learned quite a lot from her.

Comment

Me too. She can be educative and dig out some interesting stuff but there is not an hour's worth of material there, even on a good night.

Comment

So I'm standing in a parking lot in Newport News, Virginia this morning, as you do, and this rather loud plane comes in from the West. One of the kids says 'ooo that's loud', so I look and say 'and big....wait it's a 747...you don't get to see many of them any more' and not ten seconds later, Air Force One flies right overhead so close we could have seemingly hit it with a long stick.

Comment

It's been nice knowing all of you.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666

Comment

As one of the replies points out, when Kim poked at Trump he got a nice trip to Singapore. It's possible that Rouhani simply fancies a few days at Disneyland.

Comment

Strong caps lock use there.

Comment

It's like America took a look at the comments section of the Daily Express website and thought "yes, we'll have one of those as the actual president".

Comment

Trump is basically morphing into an even more extreme version of crazed POTUSA Greg Stillson in The Dead Zone (Martin Sheen, I believe). So - who's gonna be our Christopher Walken..?

Comment

Obvious attempt at distraction from the Cohen tape, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowlesy View Post
                      It's like America took a look at the comments section of the Daily Express website and thought "yes, we'll have one of those as the actual president".
                      That is literally what it's like.

Comment

So much for States’ Rights

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1021427121921691650?s=21

Comment

Surprised? Fossil Fuel Shill Cunts dance to their masters' tune.

Although I believe California are already looking into Court action to tie this up until a less cunty bunch of whores come along.

Comment

Not surprising at all, of course. In fact, California is actively pursuing new legislation which would enhance the regulations at issue. It also goes without saying that pushing this will undermine the Administration ‘s deference to the choices of wingnut-controlled legislatures.

Meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1021474178032173056?s=21

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...032173056?s=21

Comment

Thanks. (I got the bit after what I assume is embedded.)

Comment

States' rights are paramount until they threaten corporate interests that have bought federal influence.

Comment

Quite, but it is much easier for a political party to play by those rules than it is for the DOJ

Comment

Comey has confirmed that he no longer has a security clearance, and it wouldn’t surprise if that was the case with each of the other targets.

Comment

I have to say, I don't really understand why people don't lose their security clearance as soon as they leave office.

Comment

They usually do (I certainly did), but there are cases in which it can be useful for senior people to retain them to assist on on-going cases. Actually providing classified information to someone who has left the government (with or without a clearance) should be a separate question.

I also think that the practice has become more widespread now that the universe of “contractors” with clearances is so massive.

Comment

"a clipboard and a smile will get you into any building"

Michael Keaton in The Paper

Probably one of my favourite films

Comment

How about they worry about the security clearances (or lack thereof) for people currently in the White House? I know that's stating the obvious, but this whole situation is exasperating.

Comment

The thing I found, as did my squad in general, with my SY clearance was that as long as you were honest about stuff that could leave you open to blackmail (sex, drugs, debt, booze, proscribed organisations, as a rule) then you were ok . It was when people tried to game the system and forget to tell them (Home Office Vetting Officers) that they drank a lot or used to do pills that they were knocked back, we lost about 10% of our intake for that, whereas I was quite open about my recreational drug use prior to enlisting and got my DV (Developed Vetting) with minimal fuss. Although none of our lot ran a property empire backed up with dirty money, well as far as I know.

As Ursus says contractors are a different matter entirely, we lost our DV as soon as we left the military, whereas (what used to be, dunno if still is) a List X contractor would not be a full-time employee of Her Maj, but hazarding a guess they would have to be re-vetted every 3 or 5 years.

Also pretty certain that in the UK disclosing confidentially marked material above a certain level is a breach of the OSA.

Comment

The US rules for contractors were the same the last time I had reason to examine them (for a Fort Meade area IPO).

It's also worth noting that a number of things that happen all the time over here would be violations of the Official Secrets Act.
                                                Last edited by ursus arctos; 23-07-2018, 23:37.

Comment

This piece from the Daily Caller is one of the most succinct examples I’ve seen of just how bizarre the “mainstream right” in the US has become

Comment

I give that author about 12 months before they join the DSA.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X