No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GOP is now clinging to a POTUS who is clearly mentally incapacitated in order to get through the midterms. Will they keep doing that beyond November?

Comment

They certainly will if they hold onto the House

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
        Only tangentially linked to the thread title, but Full Frontal with Samantha Bee had a bit about the anti-45 demonstrations in the UK. It was an English member of the show who went and interviewed a few people involved, including one Owen Jones whose explanatory subtitle was something like 'activism organiser', and not Guardian journalist'.

Couple of things about this:

He was wearing a 'Pride' T-shirt that I have, and I wonder whose idea it was not to mention that he was a journalist?
        I don't know why, but it reminds me that over here, Jones is regularly subtitled "Corbyn supporter" and "Guardian journalist" while Brexit shilling ex Political Editor of the Sunday Times and ex-Daily Mail Political Editor-at-large Isabel Oakeshott is merely captioned "author and commentator".

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          How long do incurable tertiary cases live before becoming incapacitated?
          Quite a long while although erratic behavior accelerates.

POTUS has a medical at least once a year. I don't know if this is statutory or not. Surely alarm bells have been sounded by his behavior. Mind you, I believe his last check up was by his personal MD who he tried to place as head of the VA.

Speaking of the VA reports this AM that the acting head has shifted career administrators who have been, or might be, critical of Trump to lower profile positions.

Comment

POTUS has a medical at least once a year. I don't know if this is statutory or not. Surely alarm bells have been sounded by his behavior. Mind you, I believe his last check up was by his personal MD who he tried to place as head of the VA.
            "Personal" as president. The alcoholic navy guy, not the guy who looks like he's in a Cheech and Chong movie.

Comment

Nixon and Reagan weren't fully mentally sound as president either.

It's the kind of job that will magnify and advance any underlying conditions you might have.

Comment

It's a small world. The ambassador speaking up for Tommy Robinson was none other than Sam Brownback, the catastrophic governor of Kansas.

The best people.

I'd missed Brownback's confirmation. Even Joe Manchin voted against him.

Comment

Is Albany's investigation of the Trump Foundation likely to have legs? Or is just pissing in the wind again?

Comment

They will all be banned from serving on non-profit boards for some time, and will likely be fined, but the range of available sanctions is quite limited.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1020043060510507008

Comment

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-07-2018, 21:05.

Comment

Comment

Dan Coats is openly taking the piss out of Trump there. Is that going to get him sacked?

Comment

Doubtful

They don’t want to go through a new set of confirmation hearings, and 45 has already made manifest that Coates is irrelevant.

There’s a better chance that Coates decides to walk.

Comment

And I suppose if he does walk, there's no problem with leaving the post unfilled?

In other news, Senator Daines (R-Montana) reckons Trump's explanation about the missing NOT is "very clear". I suppose it is- very clear bollocks.

The up for re-election Montana congressman, Greg Gianforte, hasn't said much about Trump's antics but he's hot on "Montana values". Would be brilliant if he lost. Any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                  In other news, Senator Daines (R-Montana) reckons Trump's explanation about the missing NOT is "very clear". I suppose it is- very clear bollocks.
                                  The Groan & Wail's editorial on this is rather good.

Comment

Stolen from Colbert, a succinct answer to our constant chorus of "Surely NOW Republicans will speak out?", by Mike Murphy:

"I’m furious Republicans are cowardly about Trump. But here is what they say in private: 1.) Trump is a disgrace. 2.) I give fiery press conf tomorrow saying that. 3.) Nothing changes, Trump remains nuts and remains POTUS. 4.) A nut beats me in next primary. So how does my political suicide help?"

Horrible, gutless and logical.

Comment

The sub-editor assigned to that editorial must still be twitching

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                        The GOP is now clinging to a POTUS who is clearly mentally incapacitated in order to get through the midterms. Will they keep doing that beyond November?
                                        The Republicans will make gains in November.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                          Reminds me of this:

Russell Brand is thinking "Shit, I might only be the 4th most famous person in this picture, and Robbie Keane played for fucking Wolves."

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            I don't know why, but it reminds me that over here, Jones is regularly subtitled "Corbyn supporter" and "Guardian journalist" while Brexit shilling ex Political Editor of the Sunday Times and ex-Daily Mail Political Editor-at-large Isabel Oakeshott is merely captioned "author and commentator".
                                            Snake: yes, but I say that as a fan. 'We' are surely more critical of our own? Hence why 'we' lose every fucking time.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              The sub-editor assigned to that editorial must still be twitching
                                              Didn't you say that about 100 pages ago?

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                                Stolen from Colbert, a succinct answer to our constant chorus of "Surely NOW Republicans will speak out?", by Mike Murphy:

"I’m furious Republicans are cowardly about Trump. But here is what they say in private: 1.) Trump is a disgrace. 2.) I give fiery press conf tomorrow saying that. 3.) Nothing changes, Trump remains nuts and remains POTUS. 4.) A nut beats me in next primary. So how does my political suicide help?"

Horrible, gutless and logical.
                                                An insight into how people collude with fascism

Comment

Now gone after the EU for currency manipulation, by which he seems to mean having lower interest rates than the US at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                    The Republicans will make gains in November.
                                                    Don't think so Gero. A lot of the Dems vote are frothing at the mouth to come out and vote. Here in NC there is a big voter registration push, led by the Dems. There is a table in every library, for instance, every morning and these people are insistent. They really want gains in November, seeing that as a way to hobble El Trumpo, possibly witha move towards impeachment.

Their concern is, though, if the Dems take the Hill then any prospect of getting anything done in Washington will be zero.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X