No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck me, you have to see that full answer to the question in the press conference to realize how bad it was. "That Pakistani gentleman's missing server".

Comment

If the language in the responses - from both sides of the aisle - is any indication, this could be a watershed moment. Treason...high crimes and misdemeanors....let's hope this is the beginning of the end of him.

Comment

What NHH and Toby said.

Comment

I'm not sure. There's a significant pro-Mueller Republican demographic. This bollocks with Putin won't look good to them.

Comment

He has 90 percent approval among self-identified Republicans, Tubbs.

The talking heads don’t matter, and the Congresspeople that tut tut then vote for his agenda are complicit bastards.

Comment

Have you ever seen anything like today?

Comment

I don't know, I just think his behaviour round Putin is a weak spot. Doesn't fit at all with his strongman America First self-image, whereas locking kids in cages does.

Comment

Politico's precis of congressional responses.

Comment

Listen to Ursus. Self-identified Republicans are fine with everything Trump does; as are Republicans in Congress. Ignore the Sasses and Flakes and Corkers. They vote for everything Trumpish, whatever mealy mouthed words of pseudo-opposition they come up with.

The only (distant) thing for Trump to worry about is that the numbers of self-identified Republicans in the general electorate is falling. Right wingers in particular like to think they're too smart to be confined by party and describe themselves as "independent", and independents in these surveys are less loyal.

Comment

Oh, I'm ignoring Sasse and all, for sure.

Comment

https://twitter.com/peteralexander/status/1018923742163070976?s=21

Comment

That's all a bit flat from Pence there.

Comment

Trump will either go down in a hail of metaphorical bullets or the USA will cease to exist as a democracy before 2020...

Comment

I honestly think a coup by combined elements of the military/intelligence is more likely to bring him down pre-2020 than either the political class or Mueller's investigation. Incredible thing to say but it's an incredible situation. The man is a Russian asset - either willingly or through extortion.

Comment

And it still won't matter to an awful lot of people who will just double down on Killary, Pizzagate and her e-mails.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                  I dunno. I'd still give the Mueller investigation and its tributaries better than even chances of toppling him. He's just not smart enough to pull off the treason he's so obviously engaged in, and neither are his bootlickers. They'll need to go full-on fascist to get out from under this, which they could try and aren't above trying, but I don't see them ultimately succeeding. Just a guess that the facts will matter in the long run...
                                  I agree with that. Slowing economy would take a few votes away too. He's got shit awful overall approval even now, with very good economic numbers (albeit not great wages). I think he's vulnerable.

Comment

Coats has put out a statement.

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats underscored the intelligence community's assessment that Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, countering his boss, President Donald Trump.

"The role of the Intelligence Community is to provide the best information and fact-based assessments possible for the President and policymakers," Coats said in a statement. "We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy, and we will continue to provide unvarnished and objective intelligence in support of our national security."

Comment

And, of course, he's not going to block Kavanaugh...

Comment

Nope, he'll confirm the bastard in a second.

Flake is a flake who has thus far, been all talk. Like Corker, Ryan, Gowdy and other retirees, Flake has no guts to actually stand up to the treasonous twat or his equally disgusting party.

Comment

On the other hand, if one's goal was to use such an "asset" to foment confusion, dissension and despair within this country and among this country and its traditional allies, it would be difficult to conceive of a more successful campaign.

Comment

That assumes that an asset is conscious of the fact that they're an asset. If The Americans is anything to go by, most assets haven't got the faintest idea they're being used. It's easy to imagine Trump as one of those dumb, clueless idiots who Philip and Elizabeth could manipulate.

(edit: Ursus also makes a very good point, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                              Nope, he'll confirm the bastard in a second.

Flake is a flake who has thus far, been all talk. Like Corker, Ryan, Gowdy and other retirees, Flake has no guts to actually stand up to the treasonous twat or his equally disgusting party.
                                              Or, more accurately, Flake - like Corker, Ryan, Gowdy and others - wants to take over the disgusting party as soon as Trump has gone and doesn't want to piss off his future constituency.

Comment

Meanwhile a Russian NRA supporter has just bene charged with spying

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1018933566925725696

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1018931822829494273

Comment

It's also possible that, in 1987, we was a sane, sober 40 year old businessman instead of a syphilitic old man who has great difficulty not saying exactly what comes into his addled mind.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X