Comment

He's got plenty of previous.

Comment

Three Democrats voted for Gorsuch. Scumbags:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-...et-with-trump/

Comment

Populism latest, from Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1013809575324274688

If they weren't economically anxious before, they will be now.

Comment

Paul has now given the exact same excuse he did for those racist newsletters. He really does have terrible luck with racist employees. This Onion headline springs to mind.

Comment

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopol...michael-cohens

Here Are The Documents Recovered From Michael Cohen’s Shredder

Comment

Did you read the story? It’s a nothingburger.

Comment

They look sort of shredded.

Comment

Extraordinary stuff from marcy Wheeler

Sometime last year, I went to the FBI and provided information on a person whom I had come to believe had played a significant role in the Russian election attack on the US. Since that time, a number of public events have made it clear I was correct.

I never in my life imagined I would share information with the FBI, especially not on someone I had a journalistic relationship with. I did so for many reasons. Some, but not all, of the reasons are:

I believed he was doing serious harm to innocent people
                    I believed (others agreed) that reporting the story at that time would risk doing far more harm than good
                    I had concrete evidence he was lying to me and others, including but not limited to other journalists
                    I had reason to believe he was testing ways to tamper with my website
                    I believed that if the FBI otherwise came to understand what kind of information I had, their likely investigative steps would pose a risk to the privacy of my readers
                    To protect the investigation, I will not disclose this person’s true identity or the identity and/or role I believe he played in the attack. Nor will I disclose when I went to the FBI. I did so on my own, without subpoena; I did that in an effort to protect people who have spoken to me in confidence and other journalists. Largely because this effort involved a number of last minute trips to other cities, I spent around $6K of my own money traveling to meet with lawyers and for the meeting with the FBI.

Comment

-
                      I’m making this public now because a David Ignatius report Thursday maps out an imminent deal with Russia and Israel that sounds like what was described to me within hours of the election. This deal appears to be the culmination of an effort that those involved in the Russian attack worked to implement within hours after the election.

The other reason I’m disclosing this now is to put a human face to the danger in which the House Republicans are putting other people who, like me, provided information about the Russian attack on the US to the government.

Several times since I first considered sharing information with the FBI, I’ve asked my attorney to contact the FBI to tell them of what I perceived to be a real threat that arose from sharing that information. One of those times, I let law enforcement officers enter my house without a warrant, without me being present.

My risk isn’t going to go away — indeed, going public like this will surely exacerbate it. That’s to be expected, given the players involved.

But I’m a public figure. If something happens to me — if someone releases stolen information about me or knocks me off tomorrow — everyone will now know why and who likely did it. That affords me a small bit of protection. There are undoubtedly numerous other witnesses who have taken similar risks to share information with the government who aren’t public figures. The Republicans’ ceaseless effort to find out more details about people who’ve shared information with the government puts those people in serious jeopardy.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Scott Pruitt continues to wallow in the swamp. Any chance Lindsey will rise to Beauregard's defense?

Comment

Meanwhile in Maine, Paul Lepage vetoed Medicaid Expansion again- it passed a voter initiative easily last year.

What a guy. It'll likely pass when he's term limited out this year.

Comment

The fact that the scumbag is a two-term governor doesn't say a helluva lot good about Maine.

Comment

The fact that the state is 95% white is not unrelated

Comment

Oh, I realize they are the Kentucky of the NE.

And I'm speaking as a citizen of a state that easily re-elected Martinez. So, yeah, not a helluva lot of good in NM, but I think November will be an improvement.

Comment

Comment

Should have not been as ambiguous and been more clear in my post up thread.

Comment

I thought you were just musing . . .

Comment

I'm still trying to think what the HELL state office he was thinking of running for? After 210 days (assuming this spring) it would be right around election day.

In an Oval Office conversation with Trump, Pruitt offered to temporarily replace Sessions for 210 days under the Vacancies Reform Act, telling the President he would return to Oklahoma afterward to run for office.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JGrissomNYC/status/1014222615836274688

Comment

Need to bring my two dogs over ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                                The fact that the scumbag is a two-term governor doesn't say a helluva lot good about Maine.
                                                Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                The fact that the state is 95% white is not unrelated

Blame Libby Mitchell and Eliot Cutler for that.

Comment

November will be an improvement Cal. What I hear is that Grisham is favorite. Consensus is that she will be a good choice. I have a friend working in her campaign. Don't like Pearce at all.

Comment

Poll on Monday had Rosen 45-41 up on Heller in Nevada. That would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X