No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily, no. Particularly in state races. You keep looking at this stuff through a UK-tinted lens that distorts your vision.

BTW, the invaluable Marcy Wheeler (@emptywheel on Twitter) is live Tweeting the hearing if you would like to save some brain cells.

Comment

Tubbs, we’ve been talking about Issa for years. He was Devin Nunes before Devin Nunes.

You really do need to try better to keep up.

Comment

We were agreeing on here yesterday that Larry Hogan was very likely to win the Maryland Governorship, so I think that's a bit harsh.

Comment

Fuck me, that Trey Gowdy rant to Rosenstein. Don't know how much clearer it can be that these people are idiots.

Comment

At least Darrell Issa is finally retiring this year before he gets voted out of office.

Comment

One of the goons who failed to ask questions properly used to be a prosecutor. He couldn't have got somebody pleading guilty sent down on that evidence.

Comment

Christ, Jim Jordan was even worse than Gowdy.

He personally accused Rosenstein of redacting material. Rosenstein replied that he was the Attorney General and wasn't sat there doing this sort of stuff.

Comment

One from Adama House Cat.

http://www.newsweek.com/russell-walk...a-house-999434

North Carolina state House of Representatives candidate who recently won the Republican primary has claimed Jews are satanic, U.S. soldiers are being poisoned by the government and that God is a white supremacist.

Comment

Yeah. Heard about that wanker. Scotland and Hoke counties, whilst being fairly close to Raleigh, are rural and and, er, not very progressive. Unfortunately he is not alone. Unlikely that he will be elected but there will probably be a few fellow travelers in the Statehouse come November.

A colleague had a case in Hoke County a year or so ago in which a white man, accused of shooting at a black man, said "If it was OK for my grandpa, why can't I?" or words to that effect.

Comment

Pleased to here he's unlikely to win.

In other news

http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump...nctions-998287

IVANKA TRUMP HAD MORE CHINA TRADEMARKS APPROVED ON SAME DAY PRESIDENT LIFTED SANCTIONS ON CHINESE COMPANY

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Tubbs, we’ve been talking about Issa for years. He was Devin Nunes before Devin Nunes.

You really do need to try better to keep up.
                        Or, alternatively, please fucking stop. You are driving the people* who would like to get a hold on anything, me, fucking insane.

*Might be just me, but for fuck sake, go home, kiss your wife, and cat or whomsoever, and just stop pissing on t'chips. This thread has been non-stop for a couple of years now. I know nothing about US politics. BUT FOR FUCK SAKE, IT'S DARREL ISSA. He is the cunt's cunt.

Sorry. It's not you, it's me.

Snake, is there a political version of a concern-bot, and why have you let one (possibly 3) loose on this esteemed shithole** website? x

**I said it's in the post, goddamnit.

Let's hope everyone's /ignore poster button is working well.
                        Last edited by Gerontophile; 29-06-2018, 11:34.

Comment

Funny, I could just recall the name Issa and that he was retiring. But even if I had recalled more from here, it doesn't prepare you for seeing them speak. I thought the politicians and the shock jocks would be distinguishable.

Comment

It's another sign of democracy going down the shitter; hearings no longer have any interest in finding information but allow nutters to grandstand under the pretence of asking questions.

Comment

Is there no chair who can tell people to stop fucking about and ask proper questions? Or is there a chair who's a Trumper?

I don't know who was worse- Issa and his "the question is... um" and the bloke who asked a question after a long rant then interrupted Rosenstein because "we don't have much time" before doing another rant.

Comment

It's a GOP House committee. They're all grandstanding nutbars.

Comment

Goodlatte is the chairman, and is completely committed to the principle that the purpose of such hearings is to provide sound bites for Fox News.
                                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 29-06-2018, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    Good latter is the chairman, and is completely committed to the principle that the purpose of such hearings is to provide sound bites for Fox News.
                                    Is Burr still being sensible in his Chair role of that senate committee, or has he gone Fox News?

Comment

I have to say, watching both US (especially House) and EU committee hearings really makes me appreciate Westminster select committees, even if they have fuck all power. There's an element of grandstanding, certainly, but they do mostly genuinely engage on the subject and, unlike the European Parliament's absurd approach, the format is conducive to getting responsive evidence from the witness.

Comment

Yeah, Westminster Select Committees are good.

Comment

Ours were much better before the advent of cable news.

Burr is much better than Goodlatte, but will be tested severely by the hearings on Kennedy's successor.

Comment

Yikes!

https://twitter.com/seldo/status/1012411506305036288

Comment

That 88 thing is spooky though, at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                                Sorry, where are you seeing 88?
                                                Vintage Gigi highlights?

Comment

Justice Kennedy's son is Donald Trump's banker at Deutsche Bank. no, really

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                                    Funny, I could just recall the name Issa and that he was retiring. But even if I had recalled more from here, it doesn't prepare you for seeing them speak. I thought the politicians and the shock jocks would be distinguishable.
                                                    Sorry Tubby. No excuses for being rude.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X