X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Manafort has gone to jail.

Bail revoked for witness tampering.

Comment

Sadly only while he awaits trial. For now.

Comment

Yes, not quite as excited after reading the story.

Comment

Welcome PF but please realize that there is nothing scientific about my observations. Just people I listen to and talk with. I really don't like politics. It's a thoroughly detestable occupation which, rather like prostitution (with which it has much in common), is unfortunately necessary. Politics' one saving grace is that it gives us criminal defense attorneys something to look down on.

Comment

Never had much time for Schumer. He is a serial prevaricator. Despite his faux avuncular demeanor he has an eye for the main chance.

Isn't it sad when you start to feel pangs of nostalgia for Nixon and Bush 43.

Comment

Wow! Three in a row! Anyway, I said yesterday that the Trump stance is legitimizing racism. Yesterday a state senator in Arizona, it had to be Arizona, said, in the statehouse, that "there aren't enough white kids to go round." Lord. spare us.

Comment

Shameful doesn't even begin to describe the separation of kids from their parents at the US/Mexican border. How can anyone who's a parent themselves do this? One reporter described interviewing a mother nursing her child, as the baby at her breast was taken from her.

Comment

Trump claimed that yesterday's report "exonerates" him of "collusion".

It didn't even look at it. This is unbelievable lying.

Comment

But predictable lying. It is what he does.

Comment

Lying certainly, Tubby, but not unbelievable. He doesn't do anything else.

Comment

For some reason, this particularly surprised me.

Comment

That is heartbreaking Amor. Taking a nursing child from a mother's breast is straight out of the Waffen-SS playbook. How do these people sleep nights?

Comment

Violence won’t work but if every ICE agent got an icepick in the eye socket there would be no loss to humanity.

Comment

Just following orders. Where have we heard that before.

Actually Bruno I think you have a point. I don't think every ICE agent is a jackbooted sadist but ICE is in danger of becoming the go to organization for racists, sadists and sociopaths. It takes a dangerous mindset to justify,or put a legal veneer on wrenching a suckling child from it's mother. Misgoverned certainly but there has to be a point where someone says "Enough!" Sooner or later I think that will happen.
                              Last edited by adams house cat; 15-06-2018, 18:43.

Comment

Wouldn't it be more sensible to think they're misgoverned than that they're all horrible people?

They're not mutually exclusive attributes.

There comes a point "where I'm just doing my job" doesn't cover the sin, and the people enforcing this humanitarian outrage are long past it.

Comment

Let’s not have two JP threads of what isn’t def merely not jackboots fascism.

Comment

Giuliani suggests Trump will "clean up" Mueller indictments with pardons.

Comment

That's Giuliani's job, basically. To tell anyone who might be persuaded to turn on Trump that there's no need for a plea deal as Trump will pardon them all, and they're completely safe, so don't snitch.

As for Trump claiming that yesterday's report vindicates him, isn't that what he does every day, with almost any event? If there's a report on energy consumption in Texas he'll probably tweet that it shows that there was no collusion and therefore investigating Russian meddling is all a sham...

Comment

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/...33709230223361

Comment

Why does Giuliani need to do that job in public?

Actually that's the point, isn't it? Shitting on the rule of law is what they want people to know they're doing.

Comment

They know they are legally fucked so putting it out there that the system is rigged against them is their best option and will resonate with their base.

Comment

What Snake said. Rudy! Isn't even consulting with 45, which allows him full freedom to freestyle without being encumbered by access to facts.

His rants provide fodder for the Fox machine, while at the same time keeping his mind of his increasingly acrimonious third divorce.

Comment

All 6 candidates for Governor of Tennessee opposing tariffs.

Comment

They don't have much of a say in it.

Comment

Donald J. Trump
                                                    ‏@realDonaldTrump
                                                    The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition. Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!
                                                    https://www.politico.eu/article/germ...st-since-1992/

“The number of crimes committed in Germany is the lowest since 1992,” Interior Minister Horst Seehofer announced at a presentation of 2017 police crime statistics in Berlin. “The frequency of fewer than 7,000 cases for every 100,000 inhabitants is unprecedented, even in a 30-year comparison.”
                                                    That's the Kipperish at the heart of the current political crisis speaking.

I don't think I can take much more of this stuff

Comment

Working...
                                                    X