No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised by that, LS, but here you go...

On topic, from Twitter, 'To my memory #newsnight has given platforms to Steve Bannon, Milo, James Delingpondlife and Tommy Robinscum. Also Dapper Laughs.

If you don't challenge extreme miscreants well enough - and BBC hacks don't - you are simply giving them a platform'.

Comment

Emily Maitlis, and no, she challenged him alright. He just ignored her and bashed on regardless about globalists and how everyone who isn't an economic nationalist is an idiot.

The guy wants firing out of a cannon into a skip full of forks (TM).

Comment

Did she challenge him enough? She asked all the right questions. He just answered different ones, because he's so much cleverer than everyone else, especially a woman.

Comment

I didn’t mean you have to hear Both Sides, johnr, meant that’s bbc thinking. I think it’s pernicious and dangerous to do this with fascists, climate change cranks etc. they didn’t feel the need to balance truthers with the sane re 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
            NAFTA got his attention for five seconds today. Apparently Canadian and Mexican carpetbaggers have been ripping off the US for years. But no more. "We're going to win. And win BIG!!!!
            Hold on, doesn't the US have a trade surplus with Canada?

Comment

Aw fuck, forgot your the Phil Afficionado, johnr. I’m never gonna swing the Phil way. Except for Easy Lover, and Sussudio. And the big drum bit song, aye.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-05-2018, 23:34.

Comment

Fake News, Berba

They've been trying to spin this since the campaign, and keep getting caught.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AmbMacNaughton/status/939526071703293952/photo/1

Comment

If Doug Ford wins the Ontario election in a couple of weeks the subtlety of political debate with White House may rival the days of Cicero.

Comment

I can see the liberals led by such a wee nyaff as Trudeau nationally, and pretty much always holding Ontario in a corrupt embrace might lead to a contrarian revolt, but is it likely Ford will win?
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 24-05-2018, 01:25.

Comment

Yes, very possible. The Provincial Liberal* government is exceedingly unpopular and the NDP not generally seen as a viable option. It'll almost certainly be a minority government and mumblings regarding a coalition between Provie Liberals and NDP to keep out Ford's Tories are already happening. WOM and Gramsci are much closer to this than I am of course.

* Remember provincial Liberal parties have little, or no, allegiance to the Federal Liberal Party.

Comment

Why do the Ontarians treat the NDP like shit on their shoes? Liberal/Tory, depressing as fuck. Is it a giant SE England?

Comment

Well the one time the NDP formed the government it didn't go particularly well.

A not especially impartial, but not inaccurate account

Comment

Ah, Barbara Amiel. Fragrant.

Comment

Haha. Now everyone can pile in and call him a racist small dicked fuckface and he is not allowed to block them

Donald Trump cannot block anyone on Twitter, court rules

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y_to_clipboard

Comment

Not to bunk your high, but given that the decision is grounded in the First Amendment, it isn't controlling precedent with regard to non-US citizens outside the US

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                    Yes, very possible. The Provincial Liberal* government is exceedingly unpopular and the NDP not generally seen as a viable option. It'll almost certainly be a minority government and mumblings regarding a coalition between Provie Liberals and NDP to keep out Ford's Tories are already happening. WOM and Gramsci are much closer to this than I am of course.

* Remember provincial Liberal parties have little, or no, allegiance to the Federal Liberal Party.
                                    The Liberals will go down in flames with a certainty that is impossible to overstate. And Doug Ford is the presumptive winner. SO...there are huge forces holding their noses and aligning behind the NDP. I'll be just one of them. The polls are showing a tight race at the mo', but I suspect there will be a lot of closet Ford voters come Election Day.

Why not the NDP? Fiscal mismanagement is the big fear. And that's pretty much it.

Comment

Trump pulls out of NK-USA summit.

Comment

So is the bombing on?

Comment

You're not splitting up with me, I'm splitting up with you.

Comment

Not a subject for japes in my book, but

https://twitter.com/JoeHeim/status/999647934118588416?s=19

Comment

On the twitter thing - given that this is a first amendment ruling, does it mean that no US citizens can block other US citizens on Twitter? Twitter is a public sphere for everyone, not just the Prez, and the first amendment applies to everyone.

Comment

As I understand it, it's because the account is the Presidential one that Trump can't block. If he had a personal account, then he could, even while being President.

Comment

That's essentially correct. The ruling is grounded in his using it for governmental purposes.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/999660786145472517?s=19

Comment

Working...
                                                    X