No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pence pulled out of a trip to Missouri. The Governor doesn't have many friends at the moment.

Comment

TAB, he hasn’t changed at all.

This is just like him calling Howard Stern to brag about his sexual exploits and hm calling Fox all the time to rant about Obama’s birth certificate.

Comment

The Southern District prosecutors are quick on the uptake

from a letter to the court they just filed in the Cohen case

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
          The issue isn't that Doug Jones feels triangulated to be a republican endorsing bell-end, but that he is one. As long as Democrats view those states as having electorates only interested in a choice between mad-racist small-state fucktards and small-state fucktards, then they'll keep choosing them, and they'll kjeep getting elected.

But, at the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, the sensibles who brought this wisdom to the Democratic Party (as they did to the Labour Party) are on a spectularly long losing streak so hopefully, this strategy will cease to be plays 1-999 in the playbook.
          They've done extremely well this year. I saw it argued that they're doing better than any party in "opposition" since 1994. They should be, but the losing streak looks like it's over.

It doesn't have to triangulate more generally just because it triangulates defending a senate seat in West Virginia, North Dakota and Montana etc. It works quite well if they're very distinct.

I'm not even saying that new candidates in red states should triangulate. But it probably works for these established politicians, who are established Blue Dogs. But none of them should be voting for Pompeo.
          Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 26-04-2018, 14:48.

Comment

what's this about cohen pleading the fifth? That's not great from a lawyer.

Comment

The Democrats ran a progressive in this special election, and it didn't go particularly well. The Republican got into major shit by attacking a journalist, albeit after lots of postal votes had been cast already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montan...election,_2017

I expect Jon Tester in November to do better than that. I wish he hadn't voted to repeal part of Dodd-Frank, but anyhow. It's important he holds the seat, and he probably knows his territory.

Comment

I'm amazed to see the Democrats won 1.4m more votes in the 2012 House Elections, but got 33 fewer seats.

This stuff is incredible.

Comment

So he's coming, lock up your daughters. And I really mean it.

Comment

What’s the plan? Protest wise, that is

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                      The Democrats ran a progressive in this special election, and it didn't go particularly well. The Republican got into major shit by attacking a journalist, albeit after lots of postal votes had been cast already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montan...election,_2017

I expect Jon Tester in November to do better than that. I wish he hadn't voted to repeal part of Dodd-Frank, but anyhow. It's important he holds the seat, and he probably knows his territory.
                      I mean, Quist lost by five points after the previous just-there-to-lose Dem had lost by 16, so...

Comment

Diamond and Silk are now testifying before Congress. What a world.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/989531254742765568

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/989536774069407745

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/989537217524699136

Comment

It was an open seat, and a special election with much lower turnout. The Republican candidate was particularly bad, a thug who is the richest member of congress.

Comment

These House vote tallies are incredible.

In 2016, the Republicans got 1.1 points more, and won 241-194.
                            The Democrats in 2012 got 1.2 points more, and lost 204-231.

So the string of poor results has to be seen in the context of a bent system. And that's without talking about voter suppression. 1.5m suppressed in Florida alone by its bar on felons voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              So he's coming, lock up your daughters. And I really mean it.
                              Please see post #7776, on this thread.

Comment

Chris almighty, what a rant this morning on the phone to Fox and Friends.

Comment

I'm going to see the Muppets at the O2 on 14 July. Trump's visit is really going to fuck up my plans if London is in full demo mode that Saturday.

Grrr

Comment

Nah, he’ll be in Scotland where the ordinary people love him, or something.

Comment

What is the Government’s game here?

Do they think that they will be able to demonise the demonstrators as a harbinger of the Corbynite Terror to come? Are they afraid of losing face should they undermine May’s ill advised invitation from more than a year ago? Do they think that they can get something of value out of him?

I’m struggling to see their logic.

Comment

"Working visit" apparently. He could be in and out very quickly.

Comment

Even so, what’s the point?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            I’m struggling to see their logic.
                                            I see that you're doing a Tubby here, pretending to be unaware of the other nation's fucked up politics...

You're expecting a rational, coherent, well thought out explanation for Teresa May's actions?

Comment

And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for you pesky kids . . .

Comment

Cenk Uyghur's bit of wisdom is worth repeating: "If voters have to choose between a Republican and a Republican, they'll choose the Republican every time"

Comment

Rick Scott is already running ads in Florida for his congressional bid so I hope the Dems have a decent strategy to defeat him. Would also be good to see Pam Bondi out of her job.

But Florida is trauma, the state that told us HRC had totally fucked up the election and/or the racist whites had turned out in droves while the blacks stayed at home. It's the last place you can depend on anything turning out well, and the polls will swing GOP in the last few days before voting so disregard the big Democratic leads you see in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                    Nah, he’ll be in Scotland where the ordinary people love him, or something.
                                                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-04-2018, 23:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X