Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Most mainland Europeans are German? That's a bit Brexit
    Well, Dutch children have their gift bonanza on December 6; in Italy La Befana comes in the night of January 5-6; Spain traditionally also waits for early January. Orthodox Christmas is January 6. In France it's sort of optional if you exchange Christmas Eve or Day. Portugal is after midnight or Christmas Day morning.

Comment

Not all orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on Jan 6th.

(I assume you're right about the rest, but there's a whole swathe of Europe - not just Germany - where presents are given and opened on December 24th.

Comment

From the Maas to the Memel, From the adige to the belt.....

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
          Well, Dutch children have their gift bonanza on December 6
          December 5.

Comment

So, Haley lying to the UN about Syrian refugees then? They apparently do not want to come to the US now, even though they were being stigmatized as an invading horde two years ago.
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-04-2018, 10:11.

Comment

So, apart from Trump and a philandering Republican fundraiser, Michael Cohen's third client has been revealed to be...Sean Hannity.

Comment

“third and only other” client

It’s really rather remarkable.

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/985960139789348865?s=21
                Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-04-2018, 19:31.

Comment

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/985959771416096768

Comment

https://twitter.com/ZachFB/status/985969001728626688

Though Hannity is evidently now claiming that he isn't Cohen's client after all . . .

Comment

So, yeah, make that TWO clients

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/985970632201564161

Comment

In other news

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/985978904300138498

Comment

Getting thrown under the bus is part of the job description.

Comment

I wish Nikki Haley would resign over this. I would actually love to see the entire cabinet resign, leaving trump to do everything himself. The sooner this clown car implodes, the better.

Comment

Silver haired patrician Anderson Cooper, gives turnip headed oaf Hannity six of the best, Half of the nation gets very hot under the collar.

He went on to air the clip of Hannity insisting on his radio show this afternoon that Cohen “has never represented me in any matter” even if he did occasionally have “brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.” Hannity also said he assumed their conversations were “confidential.”

“So he seems to be saying, ‘I wasn’t really a client of attorney Michael Cohen’s but our conversations were confidential because he is an attorney and I am his client,” Cooper remarked. In either event, Cooper pointed out that Hannity had reported on the FBI raid on Cohen’s office last week “as if he had absolutely no connection to the story.”

Instead, Hannity told viewers the raid was proof that special counsel Robert Mueller’s “witch hunt investigation is now a runaway train that is clearly careening off the tracks.”

“No disclosure, no disclaimer, not even a casual mention that, ‘Oh yeah, this guy also represents me in some form or fashion, mostly real estate,’” Cooper said, echoing Hannity’s defensive statement on Monday.

After playing a clip from Hannity’s radio show in which he said he “can only imagine” where Mueller’s “fishing expedition” will lead, Cooper replied, “He can definitely imagine at least one place where it might lead—to his own name.”

Comment

Good piece on why Blankenship can still win the GOP nomination from West Virginia

“If the election was held today, Don would win,” one plugged-in West Virginia Republican told TPM late last week. “Alabama gave us Roy Moore. Now West Virginia’s saying ‘hold my beer.'”

Comment

It sounds like the GOP establishment are properly fucking up. Blankenship's main sales-pitch is that he's anti-establishment, and they're conspiring against him. They promptly set up a badly concealed PAC who advertise against Blankenship and everyone can see that it's actually the GOP that's doing it. They really are complete fucking idiots. Surely what they need to do is eliminate all bar one of the non-Blankenship candidates?

Comment

It's not as if they have an outstanding track record in this kind of thing

Comment

Things not going much better in Missouri for Republicans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...417-story.html

Attorney General Josh Hawley announced Tuesday morning that his office has uncovered potential criminal wrongdoing by Gov. Eric Greitens, a fellow Republican.

Hawley said that during the course of an investigation into the charity Greitens founded, his office found evidence that Greitens allegedly obtained and transmitted the charity’s donor list for political fundraising.

“And he did all of this without permission of the Mission Continues,” Hawley said Tuesday.

“This is known as computer tampering. And given the value of the list in question it is a felony.”
                                      Not the only legal problems he has.

Greitens is charged with one felony count of invasion of privacy stemming from allegations that he took a nude photo of a woman with whom he was having an affair and threatened to release it if she revealed the relationship. The woman testified to the House committee that the affair with Greitens included non-consensual sexual encounters and physical violence.

Comment

Yeah. Lots of people wanting Greitens to resign, even GOP people. Mostly over the very weird sex thing.

Meanwhile, as Tubby's here, there was a poll out for the special election in Arizona 8 that showed the Democrat was leading by 1% in the race to replace Trent Franks. (Usual caveats about single polls in rarely polled areas at congressional district level, and small sample sizes, and previous polls showing the Republican in a 10% lead.) This is a district that Democrats didn't even bother to compete in in 2016 or 2014! The fact that any poll is showing a close race here should have Republicans shitting themselves about what's coming up.

Comment

Anderson Cooper is many things but 'patrician' is probably not one of them.

Comment

I know who he is. But he is younger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                              I know who he is. But he is younger than me.
                                              You don't see those sentences together very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                                Doesn't mean you can't look up to him as your better.
                                                I would if he were.

Comment

It's just ancient roman for posh cunt, but now it means posh cunt who you can take places, and looks good in a suit, rather than inbred.

Comment

I bridled slightly probably because of re-reading too much Pterry Pratchett recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X