No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It goes on to say that the eviction violates an investment treaty signed by the two countries and suggests that the Panamanian government, not the hotel’s new management team, could be blamed for any wrongdoing.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's happening. Michael Cohen's properties were raided by the FBI. trumpy is having a breakdown, rocking back and forth and babbling incoherently about everything that pops into his little rat brain. Cohen is suspected of bank fraud and campaign finance violations and probably some other things.

trump thought he would be safe by firing Preet Bharara, but he was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Comment

That seems to have been mostly about shutting down investigations into Russian based money schemes. I remember seeing that the new Attorney had settled those investigations for not very much money.

Comment

Massively unclear antecedents there, TAB

Comment

Meanwhile, on Fox News

Comment

it's the Prevezon court case. Bharara was pursuing a russian real estate company for being a money laundering fraud on the back of the Magnitsky investigations. That russian lawyer that met the lads at Trump towers with the emails, was the lawyer for this company. Shortly after they fired Bharara, They settled the case for $6 million and shut down a massive long running investigation.

Comment

Bharara's replacement would have had to sign off on this raid, TAB.

Comment

Who was of course appointed by 45

As FF intimates, the underlying suspicions here go way beyond Prevezon (which rally wasn’t massive, either)
                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 10-04-2018, 01:45.

Comment

A fact that has not escaped bharara's notice.

Comment

Give my classmate and friend a break, man.

Comment

I don't think I'm being hard on him am I? He certainly seems to be enjoying elements of this. I can envisage him eating a lot of popcorn as he watches all of this unfold.

Are trump's appointees turning on trump or are they just finding it incredibly difficult to refuse Robert Mueller anything? I don't think I'd like to be the one to say no to him.

Comment

They're just holding up the rule of law.

Comment

Trump appointees or not, ultimately they're lawyers and can only bend and contort that fact so much.

[Cross-post with FF]

Comment

Is it just coincidence that Syria chose this moment to drop the chemical weapon, with two psychotically inclined personalities, Trump and Bolton, presumably now trying to impose crazy orders on a military that might not want to carry them out?

Comment

I think that the situation on the ground and the fact that they have used them before with relative impunity are more important factors in Assad’s calculus, but YMMV.

TAB, I misread the Preet post, apologies.

The direct involvement of all of these appointees (recall that 45 interviewed the US Attorney himself, in violation of all protocol) does make one wonder just how strong the supporting record for the search must have been. My guess is that they felt their only choices were to go forward or resign. People in that situation tend to realise just how much their lifestyle rests on their continued possession of a law license.
                                Last edited by ursus arctos; 10-04-2018, 12:09.

Comment

That and "Oh my God Robert Mueller is here in my Office, and He's looking at me, and he knows there isn't even a single spacing error in this document. Maybe I could come up with some stalling tactic if I wasn't too worried about this pain in my chest, and the lack of sensation in the left side of my body. Maybe if I sign quickly this won't get out of hand."

BTW is the US attorney confirmed yet or is he appointed while waiting for confirmation? I see that He's a former partner of Rudy Giuliani, which I'm sure is nice for him.

Comment

Mueller does seem to have more than a bit of the Angel of Death about him

Berman has not yet been confirmed. Gillibrand is threatening to make a production out of it, and McConnell had decided that it was just easier to have him serve on an interim basis.

It will not surprise you to hear that Giuliani’s firm is somewhat unconventional (though Berman himself has serious credentials).

Comment

In trying to find a suitably stern picture of Robert mueller it's weird to discover that he smiles in most of his photos and generally seems quite genial, and It occurs to me that all of the US tv shows have go out of their way to find the sternest looking photos they can of him.

Does this article make sense, I'm afraid that I can't judge.
                                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-04-2018, 12:44.

Comment

TAB, if an appointee is not confirmed by the Senate by Cinco de Mayo, the judges for the SDNY get to choose who gets to replace Berman. I don't think trump has even nominated anyone. That just shows how dumb he is--it's the one district that he should be laser focused on, because it's likely going to be the one that collapses his house of cards once and for all.

Comment

"After Careful deliberation we the judges of the Southern District of New York have decided to appoint Thomas Mongoose-Rabidbadger to the position of chief trash taker-outer, sorry US attorney general for the the..."

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Meanwhile, on Fox News

That's the first screenshot I've seen of Tucker where he doesn't look massively confused, like a child who snuck downstairs on Chistmas Eve to see Santa and instead only saw his parents putting presents under the tree:

Comment

Closer to "try to fathom", yes. Or "muse upon just how voluminous and water-tight it must be".

The Slate piece is a bit histrionic (unsurprisingly), but strikes me as generally sound. That said, Federal judges have been known to tie themselves in knots in order to come up with a justification for sending a case they don't want to handle to arbitration.
                                              Last edited by ursus arctos; 10-04-2018, 13:35.

Comment

An interesting tweet from Kellyanne's husband in response to this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/983662868540346371

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/983672662517075968

(the link is to the section of the US Attorneys' Manual on searches of premises of subject attorneys)

Comment

hahaha, Inca, those pictures are brilliant. Though I think his level of confusion is a bit further beyond, what is in truth a simple deception for even a small child to grasp. I would replaced "Putting presents under the tree" with "found mammy in a santa Hat, giving daddy a right good old fashioned pegging."

Comment

Just imagine, he only used to wear bow ties.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X