No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think it is the 33% to whom it makes no difference to that is more shocking.

Comment

I’m gonna put far more faith in the voters of Alabama than is deserved, but there is a ton of wiggle room in that question for people to say they’re more likely to support him without believing the allegations are true. I can’t believe that 29% of the voting pool thinks abusing a 14 year old girl is no big.

Comment

Youse never really had Paedogeddon over there then?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          Youse never really had Paedogeddon over there then?
          Honestly, not really. The Catholic abuse scandals were a fairly big deal, especially in the Northeast where there’s a lot of Catholics, and you had Denny Hastert and stuff, but we’ve never had anything like a Savile/Savile’s web extending to the highest branches of government. Nor the moral panic that would inspire anything like the Chris Morris Brass Eye special.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
            I’m gonna put far more faith in the voters of Alabama than is deserved, but there is a ton of wiggle room in that question for people to say they’re more likely to support him without believing the allegations are true. I can’t believe that 29% of the voting pool thinks abusing a 14 year old girl is no big.
            But marrying a 14 year old( or even a 12 year old) is no big in about half US states.

Comment

Hahaha

Alabama.

Comment

McConnell says Moore should withdraw

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday that Republican candidate Roy Moore should end his campaign for U.S. Senate in Alabama, following allegations that Moore initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

“I think he should step aside,” said McConnell. His comments marked the most definitive position he has taken on Moore’s candidacy since The Washington Post reported the allegations last Thursday.

Asked by a reporter if he believed the allegations, McConnell responded: “I believe the women, yes.”

Comment

Well, that's interesting. If Mitch is throwing him under the bus, there's now no good outcome for the Republicans. Moore wins and he becomes an angry, grudge-wielding, independent party of one who sometimes caucuses with Republicans but is totally unreliable; or Jones wins. I don't think a write-in candidate is going to do the business for them in Alabama.

Comment

Becomes?

Comment

Well, in the Senate. If he won with at least some kind of tacit McConnell approval, he wouldn't enter the Senate with a grudge against the Republicans. He'll be his own standalone party in the senate.

Comment

In other news, that'll show 'em!

Comment

I think that McConnell felt his hand was forced by Breitbart's full court press on behalf of Moore.

It will be interesting to see if he and/or other establishment Republicans try to promote a formal write-in campaign for Strange, notwithstanding the risk that that will split the GOP vote and elect Doug Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                            "Liberals are offended by this video of a Keurig being thrown off of a building."

Oh sure. Machines that generates tons of unnecessary and largely unrecyclable garbage to make a cup of overpriced coffee? Colour me offended, alright.

Comment

I don't think they really understand the point of a boycott. the point is to not buy their stuff in future, not destroy what are your own possessions.

Comment

Hey, there's a long tradition of intolerance that has to be upheld here. Bonfires of the Vanities, Nazi book burnings, smashing Beatles records, and now throwing coffee-machines out of windows. Give 'em full marks for history if not common sense.

Comment

Politics is now just basically the same as sharing consumer preferences anyway.

"Eat Chick-fil-A to own the libs!"

"Go see Wonder Woman to be a part of the Resistance"

"Shop at Target because they made people angry about gendering toys"

"Destroy your Keurig machine because they won't buy ads on Sean Hannity's show."

Comment

I thought Wonder Woman was the opposite of the resistance. I may be moving in different circles.

Comment

Wonder Woman has the chameleonic properties of being of the forces of good and of evil. You can boycott it and watch it at the same time.

Comment

If anyone is on Twitter, they should probably have got the 'campaign' to fuck Hannity's advertisers right off.

Comment

He’s toast, even in Alabama please god.

Comment

and by the way One of Trump’s most controversial judicial nominees did not disclose that he's married to a senior White House lawyer who is a witness in the Mueller investigation

when something is so corrupt and rotten there's nothing to do but keep saying how corrupt and rotten it is. It's like counting zombies in a late Romero film.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/930174197942415361

Spoony, you just don’t understand Alabama culture

Comment

Shocker.

Does the Southern Baptist split from the vaguely sane Baptists have deep theological reason, or was it just segregationist yahoos?
                                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-11-2017, 21:10.

Comment

I can't wait for this to start. this is going to be so much fun

Comment

Working...
                                                  X