Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a she, indeed.

"Jeff Sessions back again" has a nice We Didn't Start The Fire ring to it.

Comment

Donald Trump on Saturday deflected questions about whether the Republican Roy Moore should drop out of the Alabama Senate race over allegations of sexual misconduct, insisting that because he does “not watch much television” he did not feel qualified to comment.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41954436

President Vladimir Putin feels insulted by allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 US election, Donald Trump has said after meeting him briefly at an Asia-Pacific summit in Vietnam.
        "He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election," the US leader said.

Comment

I have to say, at this stage, I'm not sure whether we'd be better off with Sessions out of the AG's office, because Sessions, or in it, because he's recused and can't fire Mueller or otherwise abet the Russian operations.

Comment

Can a Sessions replacement directly fire Mueller? Or do they have to fire Rosenstein first?

I can't remember what we decided.

Comment

Absent new legislation, a new, non-conflicted AG can fire Mueller directly.

That said, I would expect the McCain Republicans to extract some kind of pledge not to do so as a pr-requisite to a vote to confirm.
              Last edited by ursus arctos; 11-11-2017, 20:56.

Comment

I agree with GY on Sessions. It's very hard to tell which is worse. Sessions as AG fucking up voting rights for minorities, but unable to sack Mueller, or Sessions out on his ear.

Moore appears to have said that he's not dropping out, whatever Ivey does. Which creates an interesting dynamic of a split in the Republican vote. Normally that would be good for the Democrat, but Moore is so toxic that a lot of Jones's potential support are, in fact, Republicans who can't vote for Moore. A second Republican in the race might reduce Jones's vote by such a large amount that the split in the Republican vote could be harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

That said, I would expect the McCain Republicans to extract some kind of pledge not to do so as a pr-requisite to a vote to confirm.
                  I actually think Flake, McCain and Corker would make it exceedingly difficult for Trump to get anyone in as AG.

Comment

Unless it was one of them, or someone like Hatch.

It also wouldn't stop the investigation, given the existing and relatively imminent indictments and Mueller's on-going co-operation with state and local prosecutors.

Comment

Trump's denials on Russia are hilarious evidence of his incredibly thin skin. You can see that he feels that he has to deny any interference in the election because he thinks that delegitimises his victory. It's not denying collusion - which is probably illegal and very dangerous ground, and obviously he has to deny that. But he's denying any Russian involvement at all. He's so pathetic about his electoral college win that any suggestion that the election wasn't perfect feels like a personal slight.

Ironically, I suspect that he's pushing his aides out to lie, and may well have got themselves to perjure themselves, over this. Not because of actual collusion in a meaningful sense, but because he's so pathetic and fragile. It would be exceptionally entertaining if that was what brought him down...

Comment

The full transcript would be jaw dropping if we hadn't all dislocated our jaws.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. But I just asked him again, and he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they're saying he did. And he said --

Q Do you believe him?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, look, I can't stand there and argue with him. I'd rather have him get out of Syria, to be honest with you. I'd rather have him -- you know, work with him on the Ukraine than standing and arguing about whether or not -- because that whole thing was set up by the Democrats.

I mean, they ought to look at Podesta. They ought to look at all of the things that they've done with the phony dossier. Those are the big events. Those are the big events.

But Putin said he did not do what they said he did. And, you know, there are those that say, if he did do it, he wouldn't have gotten caught, all right? Which is a very interesting statement. But we have a -- you know, we have a good feeling toward getting things done.

. . .

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think that he is very, very strong in the fact that he didn't do it. And then you look, and you look at what's going on with Podesta, and you look at what's going on with the server from the DNC and why didn't the FBI take it, why did they leave it; why did a third party look at the server and not the FBI -- if you look at all of this stuff, and you say, what's going on here?

And then you hear it's 17 agencies. Well, it's three. And one is Brennan and one is whatever. I mean, give me a break. They're political hacks.

So you look at it -- I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper, and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he's proven to be a leaker.
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 11-11-2017, 22:25.

Comment

As someone has observed, it's not a good state of affairs when the President believes (or claims to believe) a former KGB agent over the former heads of the FBI, CIA and NIA.

Comment

OMAFG this isn't a spoof.

Comment

My favourite bit is "look, I can't stand there and argue with him".

Comment

Comment

"Waddamigonna do? Be rude to the guy?"

Makes all those ludicrous superhero, jaw-jutting Trump memes look even more pathetic.

Comment

Utterly crazy Twitter feed tonight.

Comment

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/929511061954297857

Comment

This is so wearying.

Comment

He can't string one thought together.

Comment

I like that trump's tweet has the location "vietnam"

Comment

Have we done the judges?

Republicans appointing Federal judges to the positions they blocked for the last two yearss under Obama.

The only qualifications are to be reliably hard right, and young.

They know their project will crumble. They want to make it impossible to change or challlenge

Comment

Is it a testament to my naivety that I initially that this was a pathetic spoof some sort?

Comment

I’ve been talking about the judges episodically for years.

Short of nuclear holocaust, it is the area in which 45 is most likely to have a lasting pernicious effect on our society.

Talley is an amazingly awful candidate even among the general population of hacks they regularly promote.

Comment

https://twitter.com/tvietor08/status/929747192176193537

Comment

Working...
                                                    X